My Second Grow With Blue Dream Auto

I try on autos topping with LST so I let you know how many yields I get.
So far I recommended to do some LST or training, I don’t recommended topping a variegation mutant genetics the get shock

So the first single fingered leaves after cotyledons count as the 1st side growth? Or do I start counting from the 3 fingered leaves?
Just want to make sure I understand you correctly so I don’t ruin my plant seeings she’s doing so well right now

2 Likes

A plant with variegation (maybe even in the first two sets of leaves?), is that much different, and sensitive to shock?

1 Like

I don’t exactly understand what Variegation is

@Daniel578 variegation mutants is a plant with different colors on the leaf

1 Like

@Twelve1 yes I topping one with 3 nudes and she get shock and she is small and late flowering

1 Like

And some mutants take long to get back to normal plants

1 Like

The first side growth with a leave and growth point growing above it

3 Likes

Occasionally a plant will produce leaves with white or cream blotches in regular or irregular patches - this is called variegation. This variation is a random chance and infrequently happens.

The word Variegated comes from the Latin word variegatus, which means “made of various sorts of colours.”
So I went online to try and better understand Variegation. What it is and how it would affect my plant and am still trying to figure out how a lack of chlorophyll ( which my plant doesn’t have) would affect me topping it.

2 Likes

IMG_20211120_112900

This is one variegation mutants genetic

1 Like

I’m trying to understand Variegation. So your saying that topping my plant too early would cause Variegation in my plant after being topped?

1 Like

@Daniel578 not that is come from the seeds and that don’t said your plant is sick, just different color on the leaf and they are more sensitivity in autos that’s all

2 Likes

@Daniel578
I show my two toppings
IMG_20211126_080708
Big girl

IMG_20211127_160444
The small variegation mutants

1 Like

And this how they look just both same time same LST and toppings just a week a go

Big girl
IMG_20211225_192613

And this how the variegation mutants genetic look
IMG_20211225_081421
IMG_20211225_081408
IMG_20211225_081325
IMG_20211214_082636

2 Likes

Thank You that helps a lot!

1 Like

You can toppings one the 3 or 4 nude and do some LST yo will be in love

1 Like

So if I top my Auto too early it could possibly shock my plant and stunt her growth and I would lose a lot in yield come harvest time because it would take her too long to recover.

2 Likes

My current plant, when she was younger. She is my first Afghan auto; so maybe her slow veg period and being late to flower was related to her variegation genetics, not the strain. Just an FYI/hmmmm, not a thread hijack, lol. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, I was getting worried about root rot because my dirt wasn’t drying completely. I know Auto’s don’t like to be transplanted but I had no choice. It’s a good thing I did because there is practically no roots, well definitely tiny ones and the dirt was soaked and packed under my plant.
So now she is in her new fabric pot. I hope she wasn’t too traumatized by me tipping the pot over trying to get her out gently. Hopefully she recovers and maybe, just maybe, I’ll end up with some nice, fat beefy roots and a thick stalk.

So she went completely limp. Now I’m worried I may have killed her or that she my flower early due to stress.