My second grow first time Purple Haze

Thanks for the advice on the co2 I wasn’t sure about using it but I thought wat the heck. I have it there because of the exhaust fan, I will see about hanging it just have it lower. This is my first time doing the LST so I am learning as I go. I think she looks great for starting week 3 in that pic. I’m very excited to see the end result. I’ve been keeping up more with my journal writing then I did with the first. I’ve learned so much more about plants in general that my garden is even looking better than ever.

No I can move the heat sinks off, I need to elevate my fan above the light

Meant to post this yesterday but this is the end of week 3 bloom.
I don’t think it visible in these pics but I’m starting to see some leaf curl at the tips, anyone know what that means?

Advanced Nutrients
Sensia bloom a/b 4 ml
B52 1ml
Bud candy 1ml
Big bud 1ml
Per 4 cups or 1 liter

72 degrees 60% humidity

1 Like

how is your light height? This sounds strange but sometimes they curl up to reduce the leaf’s surface exposure to the light. Have you raised it since it has grown?

3 Likes

Yes I have it’s is right at 17 in above

It isn’t a blurple then. You have an extra foot built in over my Kind XL600. I have to have 28" + clearance.

1 Like

Not sure wat u mean, if ur talking about lights, I’m using leds Mars tsw2000. Am I to close?

1 Like

Sorry for the confusion. I was simply pointing out the difference between your light and a blurple. However, I would raise it a couple of inches to see if that makes a difference and the top leaves stop curling. The other thing is with it growing so much and making flowers it may mean it needs a little extra water. I have a jacker herer autos whose top leaves were looking a little droopy while the lower leaves looked perfect. I gave it a drink and they perked right up. It was on a 3 day schedule. Had to cut it back to 2 (at least for now).

2 Likes

@BigCountry74 I would either raise the light or lower the intensity by a Tad. I agree with beardless here I think it has to do with light everything else looks fine. Also remember every plants gonna grow a little different than others. I spent weeks trying to fix “issues” with my purple haze that never existed (leaf problems). If it keeps happening after changing the light it may be natural for that pheno (assuming it doesn’t happen all over the plant)

2 Likes

I raised the lights and turn down the intensity
The leaves are curling down ward

2 Likes

@BigCountry74 did they go from curling up to down? It may be it trying to adjust

No they never curled upwards. It’s not getting any better, it not getting worse. Typical when I see a curl like this the tips turn yellow, but these girls are nice and green.

I wonder if it’s Nitrogen Toxicity, but it’s not really dark, it’s a fresh green

1 Like

@BigCountry74 seems like you’re running into what I did. If it looks healthy other than a little bit of curling don’t take action. If you think it’s nitrogen and you give it to it when this is just something the plant wants to do then you’ll have other issues with overfeeding certain things.

1 Like

Wait and see if it gets worse or starts to spread everywhere. Is the curling on the top or bottom of the plant?

1 Like

Here are a couple pics of it

1 Like

@BigCountry74 can you circle the leafs that are a problem? I can’t see them. That being said I doubt its an issue and is just something naturally happening. Some phenos naturally taco, curl upwards or downwards. So far I would say this is not a problem.

1 Like

Does this help

1 Like

@BigCountry74 is that it?

Here is a good article. Plant Doctor - Diagnose Your Cannabis Plants! | Grow Weed Easy and a couple of sentences from it that appear to be on point:

• Nitrogen toxicity is often but not always accompanied by nutrient burn
  • The Claw often seems random, affecting leaves here and there

It seems odd however to have a toxicity issue during flower because flower stage nutrients typically have a much lower nitrogen load than during veg. If it is nitrogen toxicity it may be from residual amounts used during veg (no flush) or current feed regimen may contain too much nitrogen. Certainly worth looking at closer.
I totally burned up a plant but it was mid to late veg.

2 Likes