My second grow first time Purple Haze

well i am a few days late posting, had a hard time getting pics to move over to my laptop. the first pic was taken at 3 weeks. the next pic is a couple days later and then the 3 pic was today. This past week i have moved her from the starter cup to the 5 gallon vivosun fabric container. I also installed a [VIVOSUN Air Filtration Kit: 4 Inch 203 CFM Inline Fan with Speed Controller, 4’’ Carbon Filter and 8 Feet of Ducting Combo]. i have it on the lowest setting right now and it seems to be doing good. I have a co2 emitter that is suppose to deliver today. other than that nothing really to report on. i did notice that the stem had grown to the side some for some reason. not worried about it cause i am planing on doing LST starting next week so it just gives me an early start!
i have been having a little issue with the temp control and i am not getting as much humidity as i would like with the exhaust fan hooked up. the yellow leaves are the first leaves that formed. i also had a little issue with over watering last week but i think we have that back under control now.

IMG_5247|375x500 .

1 Like

That soil looks wet and they seem a lil over watered I’d let it dry out over the next 2/3 days

thanks for the heads up, i just water it this morning after 3 days of no watering cause it was looking way worse than this, if you look at the first pic till now. i agree it was over watered.

1 Like

it also looks like a picture didn’t load

1 Like

Question - has anyone used a co2 booster or something like ExHale CO2 EX50003 Exhale 365-Self Activated CO2 Bag, 365… my question is how much CO2 does this produce. my tent is in my bed room and i want to make sure i am going to wake up in the mornings… i have searched and searched for some kind of answer but i haven’t been able to find it. has anyone else?

1 Like

Week 3 in the books

This coming weeks plan to start training her, wat do y’all think good timing or no?

3 Likes

It looks like she will have 5 strong nodes at that point. Let it rip

2 Likes

hey everyone, sorry i haven’t been online lately i have been really busy.
i have started the training, and we are on week 2 of 12 hour schedule.
she is drinking about a cup a day.
i have about 8-10 colas… very excited. Take a look and tell me what you think. I want to do some pruning but not sure where to start, i don’t want to take to much off. Any suggestions? also does it look like i am training it correctly?

temp 75-77 degrees F
humidity is 60-65% (lowering to 55 during flower, good idea bad idea?)
week 2 of flower in the books starting tomorrow.
using advance nutrients bloom a/b, voodoo juice, bud candy.

2 Likes

I really don’t see any leaves that need to be removed. I would just keep an eye out for flower sites closest to the main stem and remove them over the next week or two. Especially the ones on the first and second nodes. They usually don’t amount to much so it is better for it to spend its energy on good buds.
One thing I noticed is how far down in the bag the soil is. I imagine 25% of its volume is not being used. This may translate into smaller roots. Keep in mind for next time.
Looks like you are on target with LST. They are spread out and level. You may need to adjust or add ties as she grows.
Are you watering every day? You are not in coco so they like getting a chance to dry out a bit. Maybe adjust to every 2nd or 3rd day and increase the amount of water.
This one received a liter yesterday

1 Like

i have been very flustered with this soil. so here is what is happening.
one week the soil felt dry to me so i watered a good watering i thought, didn’t measure but i would guess about 3 cups. (its here i started to note how much i was watering because of this issue) 1 day later it felt dry again, I shuck my head and was what… so i gave it about 2 more cups, then it started to look droopy. The pics above… so i didn’t water for 3 days, and i watched as the leaves balanced out looked beautiful and then the next day it started to droop again so i ck the soil and it was dry so i gave it 2 cups. and it seemed to do well with 2 cups. for about a week and i thing that brings me to were i am now and what i have been trying. the next watering was 2 days later and i gave it 3 cups and the water was running off and i was like there is no way it should be that dry to be running off. is it that wet that its not holding? I am really stumped at this one, i have a meter to test the soil and i am going to shove it down in the soil and see whats what down there. that is the only thing i know to do. i don’t know what a good water schedule should look like. i guess that is my issue.

Train yourself by lifting them everyday. Get used to their weight. I will often use a moisture meter too. Stick it in deep enough to where the roots are. Do it in a couple different spots. The combination of the two should give you an accurate diagnosis. Eventually you will go more by weight, what the pot feels like and rely less on the meter.
I don’t use happy frog but I use ocean forest. I would guess HF drains more / faster than OF.
I tend to error on letting them dry to the point where one will show a little wilt. I will give it a little extra compared to the others.

1 Like

I was looking at my journal a little closer and this is the end of week one of flower, starting week 2 not ending week 2.

to clarify i am starting week 2 of flower
sensi bloom a/b
voodoo juice
bud candy
big bud
4 cups water today no run off.

1 Like

well week 2 of bloom is in the books now. water schedule has been 4 cups every other day. feeding Advance nutrients
4ml sensie bloom parts a and b
1ml big bud
1 ml bud candy
1 ml voodoo juice

I also added exhale co2 bag to the tent.
she is looking really good i think. lots of defined colas starting to show.

looks great! I just harvested my first PH. They very hardy plants! Next grow I want to try the LST too.

2 Likes

Wow that’s huge! I hope I have that kind of success

I did some more training today, any feed back welcomed.

I like it. You should catch a photo tomorrow for response / comparison.

1 Like

I’ll do that. It’s feeding time in the morning and I’ll take the pic in the afternoon.

Is there anything that looks like it needs trimming?

nice job on the LST! I haven’t tried LST yet. The Mars Hydryo 3000 is the lights I’m using for my PH grow.

1 Like

Nothing is jumping out at me. May be able to tell better when primary bud sights turn up. Keep an eye on the secondary smaller interior buds like the ones coming from the first and second nodes. If they don’t keep up with the taller primary ones and won’t have a chance to reach the top of the canopy, you may want to remove them. They usually don’t amount to much and take away energy that could go to major growth tips.

1 Like