My Poor babies. I need some help

Tomorrow will bring a better day @Graysin hang tough!

1 Like

My uniquely shaped girls :blush::green_heart:.

7 Likes

8 Likes

Beautiful! Awesome job! Keepā€™em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Stacking up very nice!!! :facepunch::facepunch:

1 Like

@Em what strain is that

1 Like

From top pic down is blueberry, purple ghost candy, 2 wedding cakes, purple punch, and jack herer.

3 Likes

Awesome thanksā€¦wish my blueberry looked that purple. All of em look great

1 Like

@Em

I see a trend with your seeds: PURPLE.

Beautiful!! :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

2 Likes

That is my favorite color! I do like the red and purple plants a lot. I plan on growing red hot cookies, Tropicana poison, and purple lemonade. But Iā€™m going to have to figure out how to get my grow room cool without making my light bill even more expensive.

I love her colors, I just wish she didnā€™t start foxtailing like that. She really didnā€™t like the light intensity compared to the others. She is even the shortest.

1 Like

So I now have a 2nd Mars hydro 800w light. Iā€™m thinking about putting 4 plants under each light. Then I want to try doing the vertical grow I linked with 4 plants using 2 600w hps bulbs. All of these lights can be dimmed if needed. Does this sound like a good plan in a 9x7? I thought about building some sort of faux walls with Mylar to put around the sides of the where Iā€™m growing to make the area smaller if I need to. I just donā€™t know if it would be too little/much lighting. I read a thread that said overlapping of hps and led was bad, but idk if thatā€™s true or not. I didnā€™t have the space to run 3 lights with the supplemental in between.

1 Like

@Graysin @dbrn32 can probably tell you more about lights than I ever can. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

They made suggestions before to help me. But my grow room is shaped weird and 3 800w with supplementals will be a tight fit. I just want to try and get the most out of my lighting. Some of the articles I have read on how much lighting I need is conflicting.

2 Likes

Will it hurt my plant to harvest it in three different tiers like top middle bottom?

2 Likes

That seems a little on weak side for 63 ftĀ². Would depends on how canopy is setup and fixtures are placed.

2 Likes

Thanks HHG.

Iā€™m always with @dbrn32 - it may not be ideal for the space but if itā€™s what you can fit, and already have available to you, then go for it.

I know heā€™s no cheerleader of mine, but @spacey does use HPS bulbs with good results. There had been some struggles to get the heat they generate situated, but I also suspect heā€™s got some good tips for how to control/create airflow. He may also have some guidance as to whether 2 600w bulbs will flower out 4 plants well. Iā€™m not sure how much he grows with how much power.

We all know my opinion is to get decent budget LEDs to fill in the gaps, though. :joy::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Nope. Thatā€™s called ā€œselective harvestingā€ and makes perfect sense if you start with the most mature buds on top and let the lowers ripen to your liking.

3 Likes

@Graysin Awesome. And I like a more downer high. So Iā€™m looking for amber ,but how much amberā€¦ this first grow so not sure

3 Likes

30-50% amber is a great target. If you harvest at 30%, it will continue to mature as it dries and you will likely end up with a more ambered finish. I aim for 90% cloudy and 10% amber or so and harvest around there.

2 Likes