My Poor babies. I need some help

I use the spyder farmer se7000… says it has 100% par coverage for a 5x5 commercial grow. So thats what i built my table. Doing 4 kushs under it next…just built a new system. Eaxh plant gets a 2.5 x 2.5 ft. Square. Planning to supercrop 1’3" above the netand and fill each square.

3 Likes

My bad bro. I thought you used that light above. :grimacing:

2 Likes

No problem brother… his light should kill it over a 5x5 . We know mine did. :sunglasses::v::heart:

1 Like

The actual room it self is kind of a pain and to prevent from having to buy lots extra lights and equipment I was going to divide off part of the room. I thought it might be ok to hang a heavy piece of plastic with Mylar on it to divide it. I was thinking that would help keep the exhaust fan from working so hard and keeping my grow space 9x7 The wall starts pitching in at the top it’s about 6.5ft wide and at the floor it’s 14.5ft wide. The length of the entire room is 14ft. The grow light I have is 45.5 inches across. So getting 3 or more of those lights in there is going to be a challenge. I will be able to fit the 3x3 tent in the closet to get it out of the way.

4 Likes

Not to change the subject, but I love the woodwork in that room.

4 Likes

Between the wood walls and that 70’s looking carpet it just felt right to grow in that room. :joy:

6 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: seems fitting

The visual helps a ton. I’d take advantage of the flat ceiling and hang 2 of your lights from it. A couple sheets of Mylar or white panda film as “walls” wherever that feels appropriate to still give you room to move would work well. I used panda film in my grow room to block out the light from a glass paneled door and it does the trick. Only light leaks I’ve got are because I’m impatient and sloppy, but it’s minimal.

1 Like

Ok. I know I’m always posting and asking questions. But is this foxtailing? I had lots of trouble about 2-3 weeks ago with my tent getting in the 90’s. I got it to stay right under 85 with lights on. But I’m only noticing in the blueberry really. In person these parts are stretch out by themselves. It looks real similar to photos of foxtailing.

3 Likes

Yes, but a little fox tailing isn’t a bad thing. Usually lighting intensity just looking at how minor in the pics :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Well guys I’m pretty sure Purple Ghost Candy has some pollen sacs. I’m not sure if any of my other girls were pollenated :sob:

3 Likes

These are some of the buds on the other plants, I’m not sure when or what to look for regarding if they have been pollenated. My auto seedlings are in my little tent. Would I be able to run that tent on a 12 hour cycle for the hermied plant or would a 12/12 light cycle mess with auto seedlings?

3 Likes

Beautiful buds! I’m growing autos w/photo and switch to 12/12 early in seedling. From what I know imho the environment lighting will not hurt the autos as they have their own genetically built light/ flowering cycle.

1 Like

Most definitely. Good eye - thankfully only one of them looks spent. I’d carefully pull any others you see with tweezers.

Pistils turning brown and shriveling prematurely (hard to say since you’re so late into flower). Buds swelling differently than the other buds on the plant - pollinated buds will be sorta round-ish and fat looking, which isn’t a helpful description since buds sorta look that way too generally.

Mostly, pollinated bud with mature seed usually has small brown seeds poking out. Like this:

Why would you change the light cycle for a hermied plant?

It won’t hurt the autos - autos don’t care how much/little light they get, but I’m not sure I see a benefit?

1 Like

I was talking about putting the hermied plant in my small tent with my auto seedlings. I didn’t know if having them in the tent with under 12/12 lights with my photo would mess with them. I’m definitely keeping the hermied plant on a 12/12 light cycle. I just want to get that plant away from the others in flower. I though that light settings didn’t effect autos but I wasn’t sure.

1 Like

There were more that was old and fell onto the coco. I hope my buds aren’t ruined.

1 Like

They shouldn’t be ruined. Perhaps seedy, but definitely still smokeable. You made it pretty late into flower before pollen would have made it into the air based on how those look - so I’d expect a couple seeds but probably not insufferable.

I’d probably just remove the sacs you can find, spray the plants all down with plain water (kills pollen) and let ‘em live together. Just be mindful of the herm and watch for new sacs. I clipped some off and no new ones ever cropped up - sometimes they do but sometimes they don’t. Some damage has already been done but I don’t think you’re at a point of disaster.

Edit to clarify: I wouldn’t move her to where the autos are, that’s just increasing the risk of spreading pollen. What’s done is done, water will help ameliorate what you can.

1 Like

@Graysin I just went back up and there were so many yellow and open sacs. I hope you are right and I don’t have many seeds. I have been having a really bad day and then this happened on top of it. Thank you for always responding and helping me!

1 Like

I hope so, too. :v::100: it happens to us all, especially at the beginning- lower growth just kinda does that sometimes. Genetics are a b*tch but it’ll all be alright!

2 Likes

It shouldn’t bother them as my tent is full of autos and one large photo and I just switched the whole tent over to 1212 last week and that’s why four other autos were already flowering and they seem to be doing just fine along with all the others