My Poor babies. I need some help

Thank you. I decided to look at them just because I got my new microscope in. I didn’t know they could change that soon and it worried me. :woman_facepalming:t2: There is something new to learn everyday.

5 Likes

:point_up_2: solid advice and they’re looking great :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

@Graysin

1 Like

I see nothing of concern there.

That’s usually mineral buildup, especially if you run a dehumidifier. I’ve got loads of it on the bottom exterior of the foreground plant in this pic.

3 Likes

Just some pics :green_heart:

Last pic is of purple ghost candy, she has always had the most unique looking leaves.

8 Likes

Buds are stacking up nicely Em! Looking fantastic! :beers:

1 Like

Need some thoughts. I have plans on taking down either the 3x3 or 4x4 tent and converting this entire room into a grow room. I want to keep one tent for seedlings/veg. I plan on using my 6” ac infinity fan to help exhaust the room. I will probably buy a second 800w grow light to daisy chain to the other and hang them from the ceiling. Mold resistant paint and Mylar on the walls. I might be able to hang plastic sheeting to divide the room in half of that would help the fan exhaust the flowering side of tue room more efficiently. I’m wanting to flower 10-12 plants at some point.

Use mold resistant white paint, then you don’t need to worry too much about the expense of Mylar. I think @dbrn32 or @Nicky have a resource that supports the reflectivity of white walls is so similar to Mylar it’s not necessarily worth lining a room with it (?)

Any chance your closet in that room is 3x3?
I have my veg tent inside my closet. It’s a 4x3 AC Infinity tent with a 6” exhaust. I just keep negative pressure in the tent and exhaust it into the flowering room. The flowering room (I believe the entire room is ~9x13’) has one 6” exhaust cranked up to max and venting die dry out the window. I let my house environment control do all the work - AC/heat from the whole house system reaches my ladies and creates a fairly self-supporting environment.

Should be easy. Lights will be hard. I have a 650 Rspec, a 260 XL, a Diablo mini (200w), 3 off brand 240w, and 2 supplemental UV bars. I tripped the breaker about three times figuring out how to run everything all at the same time. Had to get a long extension cord and run to a second breaker to get it all going.

4 Likes

Been a long time since i’ve linked the white paint reflection, but it’s plenty good.

4 Likes

I was going to say haven’t stashed that link or seen it in some time but true white (like a white #16) is plenty good.

3 Likes

The flowering space will be 9x7. Would 2 800w lights plus supplemental UV bars be enough for 12 plants? I want to have plenty but I don’t want to over do it.

Let’s ask @dbrn32 - my gut is not enough light but I’ll wait for the lights guy to weigh in.

1 Like

I would buy 2 more for a total of 3 800w lights. But I didn’t know if that would be over kill for that size space.

I use two Scorpion Diablos in a 4x8(32sqf) which gives me 1300 watts at full tilt. So if I were to double that to an 8x8 tent with two more Diablos I’d be at 2600 watts full tilt in 64sqf.
Your 9x7 room is 63sqf. With 3 of your lights at 800 watts you will be at 2400 watts of light.

So by wattage I think you would do great in that scenario with 3 lights.

What are lights designed to cover for flower? 5x5? 4x4?

Do you have access to the ppfd charts? Also what are your lights dimensions?

Remind me what light you use now? That will help give proper advice, since not all light diodes are created equal and not all light board assemblies are created equal even if they have the same quality diodes in them.

1 Like

I have a Mars Hydro FC-E8000. I would like to run some supplemental UV bars too.

2 Likes

4x4 in reality. 5x5 for veg.

I think 3 would cover about 48 square feet comfortably. It would likely fall a bit short for real good “full coverage” in a room around 63 square feet. That said, if they’re spaced apart to take full advantage of the 5x5 veg footprint, there will be enough light for 75 square feet of vegging and the buffer between lights would be adequate for a supplemental bar or 4 (I figure if you can find a decent strip light with UV and 3000k diodes, you could hang them on the outer flanks of the two exterior lights and 2 in between

Like this (sorry this is clunky)
| [ | | | ] | [ | | | ] | [ | | | ] |

(With the | representing the bars and the [|||] representing the light fixture).

2 Likes

@Em Those are the lights I was looking into, my room is 10 x 12, and I was going to get 3, and 2 of my Advanced Platinum 600’s in the mix. My old set up was 2, 1000 watt HPS with 3 Advanced Platinum 600, and it covered pretty well.

Seems about right to me.

2 Likes

She would probably need 4 then to be comfortable in that room. Then again @NUG61 uses that light and grew 2 beautiful plants under it. I’d be curious what his thoughts would be on doing 4 under it. Seems like a stretch for 4 plants or even 3. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes