My Poor babies. I need some help

I just flipped the light to 12/12 on Wednesday. I was told by someone today that they are going to do poorly in this tent later on. What is some opinions? I’m putting a scrog net in tonight and plan to use the stakes to my advantage also.

2 Likes

I’m definitely not gonna say it can’t be done, but what I am gonna say, IMHO, you fixin to have a boat load of weed!!
I don’t know how they’ll stretch, but if they double in height, you may need two scroggs. Good luck and keep’em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

[quote=“Em, post:38, topic:83495”]
Since I’m only watering to run off once a day [/quote]

Watering to run-off once a day could be excessive and over-watering.

1 Like

In coco, it’s real hard to overwater. If this were soil, I’d absolutely agree.

2 Likes

Soil experience only, my bad

3 Likes

Head for the hills! You’re eventually going to need to raise that light way up as high as it will go.

Beautiful looking ladies you’ve grown so far! :heart:

3 Likes

Perhaps running your exhaust on the exterior instead of interior could let you raise them up higher if need be… just my two cents… ladies looking good :+1:

3 Likes

Judging by my “eye tape” that frees up about a foot of space

3 Likes

Thanks for all the advice everyone. When I need that space I will put the fan on the outside. I’m also going to order a second scrog net. I’m glad my hard work is showing!

3 Likes

I heavily defoliated a few nights ago to get more air flow and light to my girls. My purple ghost candy isn’t flowering like the other plants (last pic). I set her up on more bricks so she is closer to the same height as the others. I plan on putting in the next scrog net today. I cleaned the whole tent and my fabric pots and put in the dehumidifier because I started seeing signs of WPM. I also had to take the cloth covering off the carbon filter too because it had a white residue on it. Hopefully I did not have to worry about it anymore but the fabric pots get nasty often.

4 Likes

Quite orderly looking!

Beautiful plants and even canopy.

Well done! :heart:

2 Likes

Great set up. You are going to have to host a trimming party if they are ready at approximately same time. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Looking wonderful @Em, just keep very close :eye: out for that wpm, may want to spray to prevent it, cuz if you found some it’s in the tent,room. Good luck.

3 Likes

Great looking ladies and grow space! You could put the carbon filter on the outside of the tent, this would help exhaust draw and lower your RH to prevent the WPM :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Go back through and spray everyone with an H2O2 and H2O mixture to make sure no wpm has the chance to send spores out into the environment. If you can see it, chances are it’s already established and should be dealt with.

Just keep the fans blowing when you spray everyone down, it’ll help dry them out before they can get any light burn (straight water won’t cause light burn anyway but it’s cautionary).

2 Likes

@Graysin what should I do about WPM on the fabric pots and on top of the coco? Some of the plants have a some white residue on top of the coco and I don’t want to burn them with that mixture if I spray it on the coco.

1 Like

White residue on the sides of pots or even tops of coco/soil can be calcium buildup or other mineral deposits, not necessarily WPM. Do you have some photos of the stuff you’re concerned about?

I have white crust all over the place. Also had to talk myself down this morning - had white powdery crap all over my leaves and realized it was only the ones right next to my humidifier. I use tap water - so it was definitely just mineral powder for me.

5 Likes

I flipped my lights on April 6th. My buds are so so tiny and the trichomes are already cloudy and amber. I’m running a 800w grow light with supplemental C02. I put so much time and money in. They should be bigger.

1 Like

You’re only on like week 2 or 3 of legitimate flower. Most strains take 8-10. Even if we count from the day you flipped your lights, it’s too soon to even be looking at trichomes

Here’s the thing!

A plant will grow and as she grows, she’ll throw out trichomes to protect herself. The first trichomes you see will usually deteriorate into CBN before you get anywhere near harvest, since the trichomes degrade when they are exposed to oxygen and light. No big deal. A healthy plant will continue to produce trichomes all the way through flower.

I highly recommend smoking a joint and sitting back. Don’t worry about the trichomes until at least week 6 (and that’s generally 2 weeks after you flipped the lights to 12/12, not the day you flipped).

As an aside, you’re looking at the trichomes on the sugar leaves and not on the buds. Bud trichomes are the only ones that actually impact your smoke.

Visually, I can say they’re too young to be thinking about harvesting for another month or even two. Relax. They’re growing!

8 Likes

Yeah I was gonna say. Looks like they just got started and, a great start. They should get pretty hefty when it’s all said and done. I think those plants look fantastic.

6 Likes