My plants turning pale yellow

I use I Gaia Green … why is my plant turning yellow? It’s in a self watering Auto Pot… I top dress 2 weeks apart with Gaia green… I carbo flushed it on Tuesday haven’t giving it anything to drink since.

I

1 Like

I have the same issue white widow auto. She started to flower later then she should’ve. I think the bud’s are sucking the nutrients out of the leaves because i did everything right for this plant.

2 Likes

What’s you’re runoff numbers?

1 Like

Fall colors. End of life cycle also. My girls finishing off and changing. Pretty normal. As long as buds keep growing you are golden. Welcome to the forum.

4 Likes

see that… right after I flushed that one cuz I thought a soil problem. Then it matured faster than the other two. Pretty good smoke anyway. Just sayin 'cuz I gassume you use organic or living soil as I do.

1 Like

welcome to the forum @scottymac nice plants I wouldnt worry too much

I haven’t checked my run-off… I’ll try that. The plant is only 9 weeks old (tomorrow). It’s an auto flower Super Skunk.

I’m a bit befuddled. How does top-dressing a bottom-feeding system get the nutrients into the soil? Do you alternate watering from the top, and if so, have you considered where expended nutes are going? (I.e. when I water from the top, the expended nutes leave out the bottom; when I use my autopots, the expended nutes live at the top of the soil and I won’t hand water, since there’s a risk of washing the salts back into the root zone by alternating).

1 Like

Hi there. Cannibis likes a wet/dry grow. I don’t know about the self watering. What are your runoff numbers.

For an autopot, there shouldn’t be runoff. It drinks from the bottom, and uses a reservoir. It’s essentially lazy hydroponics (which is why I love it).

3 Likes

I turn the auto pot valve off and wait till it goes dry, then I top dress with Gaia green organic and worm cast every three weeks but the last time it was two weeks about a gallon of ph’d water every time I top dress . This is my first run with the auto pots!! Didn’t have this issue with my fabric grow bags

Never had to check run off numbers with the fabric bags I’ve been using, this is my first auto pot run and leaves are yellow and drying up on the ends!!

1 Like

You’re having a problem because you’re alternating between top watering and bottom watering. Pick one and stick to it.

2 Likes

Oops. My malfunction.
YPPz0llTPQ8kI8aWdn

2 Likes

Fabric bags are irrelevant to run off and impossible with auto pots. My coco is dry on the surface about 1” deep in my auto pots, I do randomly check the PH in the trays and reservoirs every 3 days and adjust if needed. Top feeding would cause issues if the pots are sitting in the trays with the run off. Turn the auto system on and let it do its thing. I mix about 4 gallons at a time to help with PH drifting in my reservoir and have wave makers keeping the mixture moving to help as well :love_you_gesture:

1 Like