My plants look unhealthy

Hey guys these are my plants, been going for 16 days now my problem is im worried about there health dude tothe leafs drooping down some of them have a couple really small brown dead spots what do you think it is?
I run 2 lights
Led 600w/ hps 600w 18on 6off
Humidity between 34%-50%
Soil/potting mix
Its been watered 2 times this week and not aloteither as its a big pot and its still reasonably moist an inch down.
My ph tester shows it around 6.7 20181112_223424|281x500
But my water is 1.8 for nut and 5.8 for ph pre mixed and tested by myself
Has a circulation fan and a extraction duct fan
Am i over worrying or do you notice something wrong with this too?

Your plant looks pretty healthy and on its way to establishing herself. Nice work.

What kind of soil are you using?

The pH tester - is that a soil probe, or is it a digital pH meter for testing the water/nute solution or runoff of your plant?

The pH is slightly high, but within range. 6.5 is ideal for soil.

What do you mean by “my water is 1.8 for nut and 5.8 for ph pre mixed”? Any water or water/nute solution should be about 6.5 pH when it is added to the growing medium.

Do you have a TDS/ppm meter for testing the water/nute solution and the run-off?

When you water, do you water to runoff such that about 10% of what you add comes out the bottom?

1 Like

Hi. My plant droops everyday towards lights off.
Perked Up by morning time.

Im not sure about what soil i just bought potting mix from the supermarket and used that because i was having trouble with coco as it was drying all the salt ontop, ph tester is just a soil prob i have one of them wands does all the ppm and stuff from the water and yeah when i water the bottem water catcher fills up with water halfway

And im also concerned about some of the leafs look like something has eaten it

They look good to me just make sure you don’t over water and you have plenty of drainage in the bottom of your pots but they look great :wink:

1 Like

Thanks guys sometimes i think i worry to much what would cause the leaf to look like a snail had eaten it?

1 Like

You will get to the point you won’t even check on them every day . It’s all good :blush:

4 Likes

Yea that rip does look like a possible pest but would have been big enough to notice. I agree with everyone else. They look healthy n fine. That soil probing pH may end up not as efficient as you would like. Id invest in a meter to test runoff asap. Much more reliable

@Hogmaster

Has you covered, best read what he said and good grow plants looking good

1 Like

Thanks heaps guys! Yous have boosted my confidence! Great help

Get a digital ph meter those probes will steer you wrong every time
Ph in soil should be 6.3-6.8
What type of water are you using 1.8 ph is way low
Your plants do look ok to me at the moment

@Countryboyjvd1971 hey so my ph is sitting between 6.3-6.8 my ep is at 1.8

Do these yellow spots look worrying? I read something about a leaf fungis said to remove any leafs that look liliklilike it

Lots of little yellow dots may be an indicator of mites or aphids. They are tough to see with the naked eye and having a jewelry loupe (60x magnification ) helps. Any webbing, tiny green blobs, or anything suspicious on the bottom of the leaves or on the stems?

Ive noticed that some of the leaves had looked liketheyd been eaten by a snail, and therewas some shiny stuff on 2 of the leafs

Aphids release a product called honeydew. They chew on the leaves, drinking the nutes within the cells, and excreting honeydew. I had a mite and aphid infestations and had to resort to releasing 1500 ladybugs to solve the problem.

@garrigan62

Dont look like mite damage to me, its usually more widespread and uniform. And ideas G Man?

@Budbrother here?

Yup thanks that’s the one I was looking for Purp

You need to add a pinch of Epsom Salt to your water to solve the mag deficiency starting to show @Bigreid95

2 Likes