My plants became droopy! What should I do?

These 2 plants are 3 and a half weeks old and they started became droopy after i moved them from the closet to the grow tent today and i watered them.Is there not enough oxygen in the grow tent? I am sure i didn’t overwater them so I’m not sure what is he problem and i don’t know what’s happening. I’m so worried since these are my first 2 girls. Please help. Thanks !

2 Likes

how often do you water ?

Either to much or not enough water

3 Likes

That’s more then likely it if not maybe moving it into the tent it’s adjusting to the high heat and new light intensity??

2 Likes

Mine did that when i went from t5 to full 250w mh. Think it was the light bouncing of sides of tent. The leaves moved to get more light. But only a guess. It was my first grow.

1 Like

@blanc_roses, A lot of people say when your leaves get out to the edge of the cup then its time to transplant them. I cant tell in the photos, but are those clear cups they are in? If they are in clear cups you need to put a colored cup around the clear one. If the roots see light then it will be a problem for your plant. Over or under-watering can give you droopy leaves. But if your plant is getting root bound it can do the same thing. Your plant is telling you its not happy. I think its watering related or just time for a transplant (or a combination of both). @Dutchessark, look at you helping people out! Good luck on your grow blanc, if you have any more questions feel free to ask. We have the best group here- welcome!!

4 Likes

I water 2 times a week.

1 Like

thanks !

Thank You. I think I should transplant them and see if it goes better.

1 Like

It could also just be going to sleep…
Plants will droop at night…
:v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

@blanc_roses they look ready to move into a new home or their forever home however you do it. Did u take this pic right after watering them? How much are you watering them?

2 Likes

I am not sure how much I water them each time but i transplanted and watered them today and they are looking better ! I think it was under watering because I was watering them the same amount of water each time since the very beginning. I assume I need to water more as the plant grows bigger.

2 Likes

@blanc_roses thats perfect! That was going to be my suggestion water like you were doing and just read your plants they will tell you when they need more water! Nice work! Stay Safe and Lit My Friend!!!:fire::fire::fire::v::v:

1 Like

Much better looking good !

1 Like

Thanks and you too :fire::shamrock:

2 Likes

Looking good!! When it comes to watering and when to water, I started out with a cheap ($10) moisture meter that you can get at Lowes or big box shops like that. Usually the meter will claim to measure pH and light too, but most everyone in the group dont use them for that as they are not accurate. The moisture level testing seems to be fairly accurate and the probe goes down about 8" or so. There is another method you can use. Lift up the pot after you water and feel the weight. The next time its due for watering lift the pot and feel how light it is. The more you do this, the more comfortable you will be. The girls look good. With the bigger pots you shouldn’t have to water quite as often.
Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks for the advice! It is helpful.

1 Like

@blanc_roses,
I didn’t finish my point, so I am adding it now. After you lift the pots up a few times, you will be able to tell if a plant needs water by the weight of the pot. Go blanc!

1 Like

ok first of all its very common for plants to look wilty
Before lights come on and a while after…
When over or under watered…
During a resting period…
If your light is not intense enough… very common with blurple.

1 Like

Thanks !!