My plant never smelled, help me to cure properly

My auto Amnesia Haze plant didn’t ever smell while growing. In another topic I had complained about it and someone told me not to worry, I can fix that while curing.
So, please, advise me how to cure to get my weed to smell.
THANKS!!

3 Likes

@Ms My plants only smell if you get close to them. I’m née to this too.
Welcome to the community, one of the pros wi be along to help you. @PurpNGold74 @MeEasy @oldmarine @MrPeat one of these can help.

3 Likes

give it a little rub and smell fingers. love you bro

3 Likes

I grew up in the 1980’s as a teenager and we had over 20 busts from people growing marijuana in our town of 6000 people. They got caught due to the smell. Especially during the curing phase. One bust was over $2 million.

We also had a Serial Killer that lived in our town. He rode the Lightning. Weird town.

So many breeders started to genetically alter so there isn’t a smell. At least that is what I read.

Some of my planta smell and some don’t. If I pick a fan leave, oh yeah they have a smell. Rub a small popcorn size bud and it smells as well.

Smell means jack to me. I want quality bud with quality effects. Smell don’t get me high.

12 Likes

wow @MrPeat what a town. nice to know you can get some less smelling weeds and good news for @Flitme

3 Likes

Previous AH I have grown smelled up my house. We will have to see how it smokes.

On another note, I need a better light. It has to fit in a 3X2 foot area. I was told that lighting is everything so I am ready to go for it. Unfortunately, cost is a factor.

Thanks for the stories.

I am a female but to @whatbuddyboy love you too bro

Ms.

5 Likes

lol i do apologize dear lady and the guy to speak to is @dbrn32 he knows all there is to know and some about lights. ive tagged him so im guessing he will message. good luck with your venture @Ms

4 Likes

Was it bud light that had the “I love you man” commercials 20ish years ago?

@Ms anything particular you are looking for or budget you need to stay in?

5 Likes

not sure about the advert but im changing my life around and in doing so im spreading the love

6 Likes

Lmao big time…

2 Likes

i laughed too @Audiofreak but its true and im sticking with it …love ya

2 Likes

you was right about the add @dbrn32 download

2 Likes

That’s it! I wasn’t poking fun or anything, just reminded me of that commercial.

3 Likes

yeah no worries all good. hope you have a good weekend.

2 Likes

Thanks, you too!

2 Likes

I think this is genetics at play. I have two Lemon Trees, both from the same set of seeds (I.e. both seeds came off the same pollinated female plant) - one of them has been a super skunky smell since the day she sprouted, the other one is basically odorless until I’m removing fan leaves and smelling the odor from damaged leaf tissue. I couldn’t even begin to tell you why, I would have thought same seeds from the same pollination would be substantially similar, but I guess that makes about as much sense as expecting fraternal twins to be identical.

2 Likes

I want lights that will make my buds tight and delicious. I could do a few hundred.

1 Like

Chilled tech x3 mini should fit in there. Something like a qb 260 kit would be excellent too. That is probably where I would start looking.

2 Likes

I had a mainlined Super Skunk that never gave off odor. You had to rub up against her to smell anything.

I dry slow. Usually 10-14 days. When the branches snap instead of just bending, they are dry enough. I then remove the buds from the stems, place in quart jars (I use about 1.25 oz per jar) and monitor for several weeks. I allow the jars to breath for about 30 mins. twice a day for the first week or so. When the bud weight has decreased about 20%, I seal them up for future consumption.

If you ever feel the bud is too wet, don’t seal it in the jars. Let it sit out for an hour or so.

So back to the plant with no smell. I opened a jar this morning and the smell was lovely. It wasn’t overwhelming like my White Widow, but it was present. I’ll chalk it up to genetics and move on.

I don’t care about the smell or taste (as long as it doesn’t smell or taste like crap) I’m here for the medicine.

2 Likes

I like mine to taste good.

1 Like