My plant looks like it's growth is stunted. 5 weeks of veg. and only 10 inches tall. Very bushy though, I'ts a Sativa

My Sativa is 5 weeks into veg. about 8 inches tall. It’s short but bushy, with about 4 inch fan leaves and a lot of smaller leaves. They look healthy, should the plant be taller by now?

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Great group of people around. Upload some pics in natural light,let’s look at your work :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d like to send pics, but I’m a technological dinosaur and don’t know how.

Look bottom right of text/reply box, the one one box with a monitor is a preview screen, the one to the left is an upload function.

I completely understand, my kids fix my cell phone issues :slight_smile:

I would guess your main issue is a low light intensity. May I ask what light you are using and the area it covers?

FYI The pot it’s in is 20" in diameter.

Ok while I am still not sure the light you are using I do know a 20 inch diameter pot is too big for a plant only 8 inches in height. A pot that is too large runs the risk of being over watered. A plant can only drink so much at that size and will be able to drink more as it becomes larger. Your plant will be healthier in a pot that is roughly 2 to 3 gallon capacity as it will dry out quicker. You want your plant to have wet and dry cycles. Another thing I am thinking of is that most potting soil has enough nutrients for about a month. Assuming you have not added any fertilizer since planting now might be a good time to add some. Your plants will surely appreciate having more nutrients.