My plant is dying again! Help!

So I made a post previously cause my girl was falling over yellowing and brown spots. People told me add no water for a while then water so I did. I have her water after 3 days and things we’re looking up. Came back to her today and she looks like this. I’m so sad the rest of my plants are okay not as bad as this

Also wanted to know what’s going on with my other plant. It’s showing signs of what happened to my first one unfortunately

This plant too also have brown spots but not that bad

Looks like the 1st one caught a pathogen and died , that happens occasionally with my girls when theyre that small ( since i charge my coco with microbes ). The second plant looks like a possible minor phosphorous issue its to early to tell if its to slightly to much or little but looks like its probably slightly to much

Hey @Swim7815 lets start with the healthy plants. The first plants you submitted are too far at this point. Since you propped them up could they have damped off with a pathogen?
The plastic cups are preventing Oxygen from entering the root system. To grow properly they need a wet cycle followed by a dry cycle, unless you are growing Hydroponics and them you need air stones to supply the Oxygen.
With that said your healthy plants are in fabric bags will will allow O2 to enter the system at the root level. This does two things; supply O2 to the root zone and “air prune” your roots so they do not get locked up around the edges of your container.
At this point I concur with @GreenSnek on the Beneficial microbes. This is essential to a healthy plant. Otherwise you’ll allow the bad microbes to wreck havoc anytime on your root zone.

That said we can better help with more details on you grow.

Answer these simple questions the best you can. If you are not sure, just bring it to our attention. We will figure it out.

1. Indoor or outdoor? - size of grow?
  2. Otigin of seeds?
  3. Regular, feminized, or autoflower?
  4. Origin of water. PH, EC/TDS of source water?
  5. PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution?
  6. Grow method? Soil, Soil-less, Coco, Hydro, Aquaponics. Please explain.
  7. Nutrients or fertilizer system used.
  8. What typr of lighting are you using? LED, HID (MH, CMH, HPS), or Fluorescents? Please elaborate.
  9. What are the temps in your growspce? Day / Night?
  10. What is the RH = relative humidity in your growspace? Day / Night?
  11. AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?
  12. Do you have a Ventilation system? Size? 4", 6"?
  13. Co2 Yes / No?
  14. How long have you been growing?
  15. What budget have you set in order to grow successfully?
  16. If you grow hydro, then please explain your hydro method. DWC, R-DWC, Ebb and Flow, Or; Other? Other?

16b. Size and temperature of solution in reservoir?

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to identify your issue.

Anything you feel would help us give you more informed advice should be included. Feel free to elaborate at the end of the survey.

Oh well time to finally pull her :smiling_face_with_tear: I still remember when she was healthy

1. indoor 4x2 tent
  2. I love growing marijuana silver surfer haze
  3. Feminized
  4. Tap water that’s been phd to 6 and ppm 25
  5. Ph 6 ppm 448
  6. Coco mixed with perlite that I prebuffed with cal mag
  7. General hydrophonics trio
  8. Right now cfl lights but i will be switching to glixer led light
  9. Temp right now 73 f stays at about 70-80 f
  10. 80% rh day and night
  11. I have a fan on and a humidifier that I barely use because the rh is fine as is
  12. I have a 4” ventilation system with a carbon filter
  13. No
  14. First grow so less then a month I think
  15. No budget just buy what I need for sure.

I’m confused about 6b what do you mean by that?

I’m not sure if they were damped off with a pathogen. What does that mean?

If I reuse the soil with the pathogen affect other plants I grow?

6b is referring to the medium your plants are growing in. I use Deep Water Culture which is in water. This is a subset of Hydroponics.

Yes, you should thoroughly clean your tent area. I would use hydrogen peroxide to kill all the fungus and any other deadly microbes.

Damping-off occurs when a fungus colonizes the soil or substrate we’re growing our plants in and it extends to the other parts equally affecting stems, leaves, and flowers. This disease, therefore, attacks the lowest section of the plant, namely the base of the stem. What triggers its emergence?

• Cause: The fungus is present in a non-sterile substrate or growing medium.
  • Solution: Use sterilized tools and soil to germinate your cannabis seeds or root your plant cuttings. Thoroughly clean the area, including the material you may have used, in order to minimize the risk of infection.
  • Cause: Excess of water/moisture in the soil. Poor drainage.
  • Solution: Water moderately. During their first days of life, plants don’t need too much water as their small roots are unable to take up most of it. Check the substrate on a regular basis to make sure humidity levels are just right.
  • Cause: Dampness in the air. Lack of air circulation.
  • Solution: Let plenty of fresh air into the room before sowing, make sure you don’t place your seeds too deep into the soil and don’t use a small plastic greenhouse to cover your jiffy pellets. If you’re working with cuttings, you’ll most certainly have to use the greenhouse for it favors their rooting. In this case, renew the air by lifting the cover for some minutes every day.
  • Cause: Inadequate temperature.
  • Solution: The pathogen that usually attacks cannabis plants can thrive in different temperature ranges. Pythium species, for example, love warm, damp soils. Botrytis cinerea prefers cooler temperatures, instead. Fusarium species can thrive both in cold and in warm conditions.

This huge variability caused by the many differences in moisture, air circulation, and temperature makes it necessary to have a deep knowledge of the different fungi that could lead to this fungal infection so as to be able to detect them before it’s too late.

1 Like

Oh alright. Should I buy the hydro guard you linked would that help?

1 Like

Hey @Swim7815 yes I would get a quart of Hydroguard to add to your routine. Just follow the directions on the label.
Once your plants get established you’ll be watering daily. The GH Flora 3 part you are using works great with cannabis. I would add a quart of CalMag and Silica to your nutrient additives.
Growing in coco coir is considered a Hydroponic medium and lacks the calcium, magnesium and silica that is in natures mix.
Here’s some information on growing cannabis in coco coir.

Looks like you have the CalMag. Are you using a Silica additive?

https://hydrobuilder.com/learn/silica-for-plants/

No I am not but I’ll get that and the hydro thank you so much for the help

1 Like

Make sure you follow the mixing directions for those additives. Mine calls for adding the CalMag and Silica before you add any nutrients. They will tend to raise your pH.
Add the Hydroguard last, after all your nutrients and adjusting pH.

Keep us posted.

Will do. Waiting till Monday to get them. Hoping my plants can survive till then. They arent looking to great :frowning:

Before you get your Hydroguard use 3% Hydrogen Peroxide(1 teaspoon per cup of water) and wipe down your greenhouse. Increase the airflow around your plants and make sure you are replacing the air by using an exhaust fan to pull fresh air onto your grow space.

Pesticide And Fungicide: Hydrogen Peroxide

Hydrogen peroxide is a great fungicide and pesticide. To grow plants, pour 1 teaspoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide per cup of water. Mist the plant with solution to the spray bottle. Pour the hydrogen peroxide mixture into a spray bottle and water it on a regular basis, about twice a week.

Do not use Hydrogen Peroxide after you start using Hydroguard. It will indiscriminately kill you Beneficial Microbes along with the bad ones. Kinda like how Antibiotics kill your gut microbes.

Thanks for the articles. So I added the hydro guard and cleaned my tent and realized too late I never sprayed the plants with the hydrogen peroxide. Here’s how they are looking. One looks ok other looks like she’s on her way out unfortunately.
![image|375x500]

1 Like