My Ph was 6.8 before nutes. Is there a rough formula for how much PH up I need after adding nutes?

Used the Flora Micro Trio on this grow (1st grow ever) Does anyone have a formula or a guess of how much PH up I need to get in a good range to water a White Widow autoflower ? Unfortunately my Ph is about 6.8 before I add nutes right out of the tap but dechrolinated for 24 hours. Picture is after adding 3ML calmag 4 ml Micro and 8 ml bloom. Week 5

That’s the nutes I use, should bring it down to 6.5ish after mixed correctly. Then about a light 1/8th tS to bring down to hydro lvls. 5.8 is what they have taught me here for hydro.

1 Like

Get you a good pH pen. Just put it in and it tells you the pH.

Mix your nutes and then check your pH. Adjust accordingly.

3 Likes

I will this week I need to water today though

I mean this is petty red

I’m probably at like 5 ph

As stated - adjust your Ph after adding nutes, but before microbes if using.
There’s no hard and fast rule how much buffer it takes to raise or lower your values to the target range so just add in small amounts to get a feel for it.

Definitely get a pen. Those strips and dropper kits are for aquariums. They’ll get you close enough but not really as accurate as you want. Especially for run off readings. Don’t even bother checking Ph before you add nutes. Just no point in it.
Now if your water system has hard water you might want to take a look at PPMs as these will add on to the PPMs you add with nutes…

1 Like

I only checked PH of water before nutes so I can know how much this brand of nutes lowers my PH so there is so use in it. I need one of the pens but it’s in the mail still. I ll just guess. I was hoping someone could tell me 10 drops per gallon to up 1 Ph or something.

1 Like

When I ph my feeding after everything in is about 5.8-5.9 in a one gallon. It takes the full bulb that comes with the ph up and ph down to get the ph to 6.5.
I hope this helps. :blush::v:

1 Like

It does. I just made 2 gallons

Hummm I’m stumped.

It took about 5 or 6 ml to get in a good range

@Skateallday55 From my experience there is no magic number of drops. You have to know the pH after the nutrients are added. Then you go from there.

I have never used pH UP at all. Now when I do get the urge to check the pH after adding nutrients I always have to use pH DOWN.

Sounds like whatever you are using to check the pH is not a good way. Sorry to say that. You shouldn’t be needing 5ml to 6ml. That is way over the top.

I use a Apera pH 20 meter. I hope this helps you out. :+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

I used the tester that came with the ph balance kit but I just ordered a digital one on Amazon. Yeah mine was pretty red. I added

X2 bc I made 2 gallons.

Then a good bit of ph up to my dechlorinated water .

Here is tap water but not decholorinated yet.

Yah those ph kits ur using are good for fish tanks and swimming pools ,u really need a good ph pen like the other members have said already .if ur after a ph of 6.8 after u added nutrients then i would up ur ph to 7.3 before adding nutrients cause once u add ur nutrients it should go back to 6.8 give it a try and see what happens. Thats with using that ph kit u have now

1 Like

Gotcha just waiting on delivery of pen but she needs water. Making sure I’m not gonna kill her.

I didn’t know I could up the oh before adding nutrients. I’ve always heard to balance after but I will try that.

Just try it and see what ur ph is after you have done it. You would normally test ur ph after adding nutrients but in ur case i would raise the ph first then add nutrients and then re test the ph

Gotcha. Yeah the first pic is after adding nutes. I’ll try again tomorrow. Thanks

1 Like

Does anyone have suggestions on nutrients besides the Flora micro ? I haven’t had issues but I love experimenting