My personal grow journal

After looking at these two I decided I would open the center up with the removal of two leaves each. I actually see the beginnings of two branches and possibly 2 more. In removing those two in the center those new branches can get started catching up to the main stalk.

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410 I still don’t see any problems with these two with the exception of height gaining. The way they are going the main stalk is getting fairly thick. I am running a fairly powerful LED set and they are about 24 inches above the top of the leaves. I think I should leave it as is for now. I haven’t fed them but I have done two waterings since transplanting 3 weeks ago. The waterings were smaller and only when the pots were feeling light, as well as the moisture meter tell me that I was at the dry point near where the bottom of the roots should be. I did a trim of two top leaves to open up the center stalk and some branches that I see coming. I would like all four that I see coming on each. The tallest is 3 inches above the soil. The shorter by about a 1/2 inch. They are 5 weeks and 4 weeks old.

2 Likes

They seem small for the age. Have you verified the calibration on your ph meter?

If so, try running different ph water from normal but within range for your media.

3,000K will produce bushier plants IME which is not a bad thing.

1 Like

I ordered a new PH meter and a TDS. It is coming in on Tuesday. I expect that they will need water again by then too. Oh and just to let you know the yellowing on the leaves for this picture is just that a bad lighting issue. I was holding the stick and camera taking the shots. Otherwise these leaves look really good. I will not do anything more until then. It could all be nothing more than my plants are thinking for me and growing a bigger root ball to support a nice canopy. I am not uprooting them to see. I am just going to play it all as I see it. They are in 5 gallon pots. It seems that most growers that use soil go small and they seem to be faster. I am thinking it has something to do with the roots wanting to reach oxygen. Thanks for the reply and affirming my suspicions.

2 Likes

I have my light 18 inches away, plants are now 2 weeks old from seed, started directly in 2 five gallon bags and two 10 gallon bags. I’ve been using purified/distilled water, have not started PH-ing water yet.

You can see here.

1 Like

I would suggest LST instead of pruning off sun leaves, your plants need them.

2 Likes

My 2 ww are doing the same thing. No such thing as node spacing with my little bushes haha

2 Likes

If you are sure they are not over watered then I’d say take a deep breath because they’re fixing to explode.

When I’m in soil or media I pot up at least 3 times for water management. Done gently, it won’t retard the plant.

1 Like

I didn’t pot them in the 5 gallon for fear of transplanting. I just did it out of inexperience entirely. I have never grown weed ever and I am really just learning about plants in general as I am beginning to do much more farming and landscaping around my house. Thanks again @Myfriendis410.

2 Likes

Okay so this morning I want to give an update @Myfriendis410. I raised my lights 6 inches last night and this morning my plants show an inch of growth. The tallest one a Durban Poison is 4.5 inches tall now after being 3.5 inches tall last evening. So I do expect some quick growth. Here are pictures using my eyepro over my camera lens to show how healthy the plants look. They just look and feel so healthy that their stunted growth compared to some of the others I have seen here leads me to believe something is wrong. I know I must be doing something perfectly right because if I am also doing something wrong, it isn’t showing except for the height. I will know Tuesday when I can test my work with new test equipment.

Anyway with the exception of moving the lights I haven’t done anything. They might not need water until Wednesday so I will just watch. The bottom two leaves on the Maui are just beginning to show their age on the edges of the leaves. I will probably remove them soon.

If anyone else would like to comment I would love to hear their thoughts.

2 Likes

@imSICKkid Just as a comparison what lights are you using? How high off the canopy are they? Are they looking like mine or are you ahead or behind me?

1 Like

My 2 WW are almost 3 weeks old. The bottom 2 pictures are about where im at when it comes to size. My light is a Phlizon 1200w which is really like 290ish from the wall. I started with it at 18in above the canopy but now im sitting at about 28. I moved it up about 4 days ago and actually it seems to be helping a tad.

That is what I was thinking. I raised mine yesterday and saw some jump overnight even. I have a light probe that measures lumens and at the top of the canopy. I get a reading of 700 lumens. I am not sure what that means exactly but I know that my light has 450 LEDs with about 75% of them going now. I could be right and that they needed me to stretch them a bit, I don’t really want them to grow that tall either. I might be lucky that they are growing slow for my first grow. Only time will tell. Thanks for answering. I will be interested in how your grow goes as well @imSICKkid. Good luck.

2 Likes

Good luck to you as well!!! Watching

What is your grow schedule (lights)? Most growth occurs after lights out FYI.

1 Like

Do you have an exhaust fan pulling in fresh air?

1 Like

I’m running 18/6 @Myfriendis410

1 Like

Perfect. You will likely see a good amount of growth once they decide to push up. I had the same thing going on with my current grow using 3,000K custom lights.

Here’s my journal if you have any interest:

3 Likes

Thanks I will look at that one. I was interested in the hydro method but went soil on the first grow to keep my initial costs down and to actually figure out how much I would grow based on yields. I am using about a 1/4 ounce a month. In my house I am the only one at this point. My wife doesn’t smoke and right now will not try the banana bread I made on Saturday. It wasn’t very potent I don’t think. I have to have a buddy of mine test it. Anyway Thanks for the link up as well. I might have questions of you on hydro later.

1 Like

Learned a couple of neat tricks for making butter:

The first is to use coconut oil instead of butter: it is easier to extract coconut oil from the plant material so your yield is higher.

The other is to add some lecithin to the butter: lecithin increases the body’s ability to uptake the THC.

FYI: edibles are 5 times as potent as smoked.

I’m no pro at hydro. This is my first attempt. It is fine for a winter grow in my area (especially this year in SoCal) but I thing my normal style is going to remain coco or Promix. That way I can move the plants around readily (I like to take em outside for sunlight). Electricity costs here are high enough that it’s kinda painful to get the utility bill lol.

2 Likes