My personal grow journal

Yes with every water and feed I have done. I think it is my heavy soil. I don’t think I used enough perlite for her. The other plant likes the soil or at least is tolerating it.

1 Like

Ah oh well just a thought. Letting them get real dry before next water or feeding them probs the way to go to allow oxygen to the roots.

1 Like

I was reading in one site this information.

Tip #5 – Feeding Maui Wowie

Maui Wowie is a strain that prefers regular light feedings rather than large amounts spaced out. The three main nutrients are Nitrogen, Phosphorus, and Potassium, which are labeled on the front of plant food as N-P-K. For example, food with an N-P-K reading of 25-20-15 means it consists of 25% Nitrogen, 20% Phosphorus, and 15% Potassium.

Tip #8 – What is the Best Climate for Growing Maui Wowie?

Maui Wowie handles high humidity levels well and doesn’t allow heavy rainfall to affect it a great deal. It likes warm temperatures so keep it between 75 and 85 degrees during the daytime. This is only a rule of thumb, however, and does not take into account that this particular strain can absorb more light at higher temperatures of up to 90 degrees. Maui Wowie can even handle up to 95 degrees if there is an elevated level of CO2 in the grow room.

1 Like

@Amjk I just found a gold mine on Maui Wowie grow guide.

http://growcannabis.com/how-to-grow-hawaii-maui-waui.html

1 Like

Great! I think I found that the other day, I think it’s where it says tie the plant to it’s stem. Great find thou I just scanned through when I saw it. :v:t2:

1 Like

yeah. I am also interested in it because it also had a hydro grow part and information about nutrients and levels.

I am interested in going that route in my next grow and I have more Maui seeds left.

1 Like

I have more Maui too il prob drop them in June with some jet fuel I’ve got :slight_smile:

1 Like

@monkman LOL two days ago I set my timer on my setup to a 6/2 schedule. I then went on about my business. I didn’t think much about it but I noticed that at the time when the lights should have been off I saw that they were still on. This was a bit more than 24 hours later. So I realized I hadn’t switched the timer activation switch. Then after I did that I noticed many hours later that I had the timer set the wrong way at a 2/6 lighting schedule. LOL stupid me had the switches sent backwards. Oh well no harm no foul.

This is how the girls look today.

I took the seedling out of the dixie cup yesterday as the roots were fully protruding out of the bottom of the cup. This tells me this girl is very happy. I put her in her next temporary home. She would go outside but it is a rainy day today. Probably tomorrow when the sun is expected to dry stuff up out here. I will post more on that little one this week.

She does look happy. The pictures don’t really give her justice. There is water droplets on her leaves as I just misted her.

4 Likes

lol what is it with us old fogies @Oldsoldier1976? i got the veg tent right with the 6/2 (it was a digital controller, but when i started the flowering tent i used an analog controller and it was going to be daytime at night lol. that might have been better for the plants, but not so good for me to work on them. i might still have to light up my flowering tent at night because of heat, but i am hoping to avoid that.

your plants look great keep up the good work bud! i see you have the hydro balls in your vegging pots. those look like the smaller “original” hydroton balls. i am still waiting for treehouse to get in mine. they had the “original” hydroton balls, but i don’t want those, i want the “large” balls so had them order them, it has been a week and i still haven’t seen them yet. the large balls are more size consistent. i wanted those because they will be easier to remove when i get to the dark cycle at the end of harvest. i am going to remove them when i take the plants to a couple of days of darkness before i chop them so i will have more room for ice cubes. the original ones have all sorts of shapes and sizes, the large have more of a “ball” shape to them with smoother more consistent shape to them.

1 Like

Yeah it does come with age. At least I caught it fairly quickly. I spent a bit of time outside today helping my MIL get her gardens in order. I was task to ensure that water on demand is available at her three vegetable garden areas. That will be added into my Fire Pit grow journal. I don’t want to put up bad pictures and while the plant is actually still indoors the journal is really ahead of itself.

This is going to be an interesting summer.

1 Like

I got it from Amazon. $16.24 for 10 liters. I think they said enough for 4 or 5 6 inch basket pots for a hydro grow. The pebbles are irregular and some are broken even. I don’t know if that is bad but I kind of doubt that it is a bad think. In fact as a hydro it would probably benefit the root to have a rough surface to grab on to.

I have about an inch of them on the surface. I believe that alone has resulted in a happier plant. I haven’t watered them with the pebbles but the just seemed to smile at me after. Maybe it was just the contrast of brown to green.

1 Like

you have taken heat off the soil and the plants like it according to hornhead, i think it was, he is the one that has been after me to get r done. and the only reason i want the big ones is because of ease of removal. i will have a bunch but will be re-using them every time when they go into final home. am thinking i might put them in the 1 gallon veg pots i’m using if i see a significant result in the flower tent.

Caught the girls during their rest period. I think they are happier but I want to give them a couple of more days before I say that. They will be getting their next watering then. As I have been reading about growing weed, each strain is different and require or like things different than others. A lot of growers of Maui state that light regular watering suits the plant. Probably due to the climate it really like. Wile my wife and I spent some time in Oahu I now remember a lot of the climate there was unique. There were places it rained daily for short periods of time. All that green out there competing for those quick bursts of water.

Hawaii was a blast. Now I need to visit Maui.

5 Likes

It is looking more and more like I will be moving these girls all outside. It is not entirely decided but… we are moving our South Korean trip up to after the school year and return before the next. If that is the case I am not trusting my grow to my BIL because he will forget or something and the girls will be dead. It is much better to put them outside and let Mother Nature care for them. I will know in the next couple of weeks. If so they will all be hitting the back yard. I will probably keep them in pots for 2 weeks possibly then planting them in their new home. Then when I return I can hopefully prepare for a harvest.

3 Likes

I would suggest you mix up some supersoil per @garrigan62 instructions.

Once ready, you just have to water. Will your BIL be tending to the watering?

Also might need to come up with a pest prevention regimen.

This will be an interesting experiment.

3 Likes

@AAA my BIL will probably do the watering plus I might have more watering support with my MIL friend.

Well I broke the news to the girls. I think they took it well. I told them that tomorrow they are going to start to live outside. What do you guys think?

1 Like

I just finished watering them. Boy were they thirsty. Both were light as a feather when I picked them up. The hydro pebbles do their magic as well with the watering. They smell so good. I still think I am going to have to camouflage them with ribbons as well.

I am going to leave them in the tent another week I think our daytime highs are low 60s F (15.5C) but the lows are low 40s F (4.4C) yikes that Maui will cry.

My question to the group I am thinking I am going to bury the fabric pot right into the ground? Any one think that to be a bad idea? If I don’t I cut it right off. I am not planning on putting them into shock.

2 Likes

Cannabis looks surprisingly similar to many hibiscus strains.

Attach silk flowers to the plant in the right way and you may be able to make it look like this hibiscus plant

Of course, when it flowers it loses the “hibiscus look”

3 Likes

Yeah and if the Maui gets a decent summer those fat colas are gonna look more like a mountain. LOL. I am actually happy to actually have this option. I had a feeling we would be better off going during the summer since we’re still a guardian for our nephew when he comes back for the next two school years. We will meet up with him in Korea this summer.

I like the silk flower idea. We have a Michaels in town (a craft store chain). I am sure they have some. I also have some lengths of green fencing that I can wrap around them as a cage too.

Once I do I will close this journal and move the rest of the grow to the firepit grow. Thanks for all the advice everyone.

3 Likes

https://cannabition.com/cannabis-confusion-what-plants-look-like-weed/

4 Likes