My personal grow journal

lmfao! really though that sucks man, but no worries, plant will be just fine. they’re looking great.

1 Like

I know that or at least I feel that it will be okay. My worry is the Maui but… she may not have a lot of foliage her main stalk is solid and healthy color wise. It has to be the strain and the type of soil she is in. I was reading about soils for the various plants. That is why I am absolutely certain I am going hydro bubbleponics on my next grow. This movement of the plant to water and feed her is nice to get pictures but it gets hazardous as I found out just today. Oh my.

1 Like

She does look good and in a few weeks I am not wanting to get overwhelmed by a too big for me to handle grow. LOL I know what the hell am I talking about. I am hoping for some popping buds. LOL

Meg here looks like a runt but well she is a Maui so we have to let her go.

My addition to be growing in the yard this summer.

4 Likes

They’re looking really good! And don’t worry about that piece that come off. She will fill that back in and many more for you :wink:

4 Likes

Dry that shit out and smoke it…lol

Well again these girls look good. Not much of a change except that I took some deformed and withering leaves off the Maui. It looks better and a bit happier today too. The Durban looks ready to make a run but I don’t want her to do that just yet. I would like to give the Maui and her even a bit more time. I am thinking after Mother’s Day. Then it is a 10 week run to start a harvest.

I have a new member of the grow family. She will be in an outdoor grow. She will go out alone and she will have a prominent spot in my yard. I plan on building a firepit and she will be part of the landscape. If I like this I might get an autoflower to put there every year. She is 2 days old and quite a cute young lady. LOL

5 Likes

Out of likes already

@Amjk here is my Maui grow journal. I don’t know if you have followed along much. Either way this is how the plants look today.

Meg there is starting to gain some since two days ago. I put those hydro grow clay pebbles to keep the soil for the plant. I don’t know why I didn’t do this sooner but I only just got the clay balls a few days ago. She had a few deformed leaves and her branches were very compact. I checked the soil around the outer edge of the plan and not seeing any root structure I decided that I would repot her. As I did something many of you might find crazy (I actually tried to remove her from the pot), I found that her tap root was clearly down near the very bottom of the fabric pot. I have about 3 inches of Canna Coco soil pure and unaltered. I believe that root is firmly in there. So I just packed in new soil with a bit more perlite to make it more accessible for her and then covered her with those clay pebbles. Since then she has not shown any stress of my work and since the pebbles she has shown some very good signs.

This is Deb the Durban and by contrast she really looks happy. Her foliage is green and only the tips of the older leaves showed signs of age.

Well two days ago while watering my two girls I found my PH meter give me fits. It jumped from 8ph to 3ph to 7ph then 5.5ph all while doing a PH up or down in eye dropper sized drops. I broke down and bought an Aspera I think. It cost me 40 something on Amazon.

Anyway gotta run. see all ya’ll later.

3 Likes

It may just be down to them being different strains, I don’t think it’s healthy to compare the development of different strains as they can grow at different rates. She looks great to me, are you letting your substrate dry before watering again? Iv got the apera pen that does PH and PPM I love it :v:t2:

I have let them dry. Not to actually wilting leaves but to where the gallon pots are light. The Maui just has been taking a day longer but I think it is catching up some.

I don’t know if I will go out and buy that meter. I like the Apera meter I just got. I didnt know they had one combination one until you just pointed that out. I will need to get a new one and if Apera has one similar to the one I have I will get it.

I also agree that it could also be the trait of the individual strains and I hope the Maui will give the Durban a run. This being my first grow I will just sit back and watch and chew on my fingernails. LOL

1 Like

A full day with the clay pebbles over the top of the soil. I am glad I did that. The Maui already looks better. With a new and I hope much more accurate PH meter I can get these girls to dance. They really do have a nicer appearance with the pebbles and the plants are showing that they like it too.

Here is some from outside the tent.

So far so good. I don’t know if the scrog net will come into play because I think I plan on flipping to flower in a month but… I could be persuaded to add more time. The very latest I could flip to flower in the last week in May. I know the longer I give them the more bud sites will grow and that will translate into a bigger yield.

I will play it by ear in a couple of weeks I will look at it again. This is still a lot of fun yet it is as nerve wracking as anything I have done before.

4 Likes

Lovely looking set up! Your girls will blow up in the next month and then double if not more in stretch in size I mean, be patient :slight_smile:

As long as your not battling any heat issues then don’t worry about this but if you ever do then shortening the overall length of your exhaust ducting will make it much more efficient

I agree. I looked at that too but I am not battling any heat or humidity issues in the tent. The hottest it has gotten was 82. I have not turned on that exhaust fan yet either. My humidity is a little higher without the fan (75%) but if I put the exhaust fan it drops the humidity to 25%. I leave it off and open a few more openings in the tent and the humidity remains under 70% except after watering both plants for a day or so. When the humidity drops to below 50% I know that the plants will need to be watered. I think the worked fine the way it was placed so I left it. Thanks @TDubWilly .

Thanks @Amjk it is the second tent when I found out that weed can grow to 17 feet tall in the wild. My 2’x2’x4’ tent might have been okay but I thought that I wanted the plants to have some height so I bought that one. I think it will be perfect for me because I am such a light weed user that this grow could last me 2 years. That probably won’t happen because I am already planning a new indoor grow and I am going to get and grow some autos outdoor for the summers as part of my landscaping.

I have another journal that I am going to add too soon as I am doing some landscape rehab building a fire pit and retaining wall. My plan is to have a plant or two as part of the back drop. We will see how that turns out.

1 Like

I’m already following your fire pit grow :slight_smile: you could maybe get a fan speed controller so you have good air exchange through the tent without reducing the humidity too much. Also don’t take this as gospel but Iv read somewhere that after a year of storage weed starts to loose potency, better up your smoke game! :v:t2::dash::woozy_face:

@Amjk I have that. Even at the slowest speed my humidity drops to 25%. That on top of closing all the openings in the tent too. My tent walls get drawn tight inward and I feel that even with such a small fan (a lot of folks advocate a 6 inch fan) my air is exchanged quickly with that fan. I will be using it during flower so I can keep the humidity below 50%. I am not worried about smell in the house at least not at the moment. It isn’t too strong yet. I know it will be stronger soon though when it goes into flower.

All good then :slight_smile: but the smell ohhh it’s been my biggest challenge. The cultivation of cannabis is highly illegal where I am so Iv been on pins, had to come clean to my next door neighbor as I stunk their house out with my ladies perfume. Well only told her I have 1 plant and didn’t let her know I plan to continue :joy::joy: cross that bridge as and when lol

1 Like

LOL I hear you. My neighbors are not close to me. The closest house to me is about 200 feet away. It is legal in my state so… I am not worried about that. We can actually grow up to 12 plants per house. I might be dealing with that in my basement. The fire pit I will let my neighbor know about the grow. This year it will only be one plant but subsequent years I might have multiple outdoor plants. Just depends on what happens this summer.

1 Like

It is sooooo addictive this growing lark. If I’m not with my plants I’m on this forum or reading reading reading, except bedtime. Bedtime I smoke and can’t even remember what’s going on on the TV lol :joy: wish it was legal to grow here. I really wanna grow an auto outside but again the smell would give it away :frowning:

1 Like

As my dad would say plant that shit everywhere son

1 Like