My personal grow journal

That is what I was thinking. I raised mine yesterday and saw some jump overnight even. I have a light probe that measures lumens and at the top of the canopy. I get a reading of 700 lumens. I am not sure what that means exactly but I know that my light has 450 LEDs with about 75% of them going now. I could be right and that they needed me to stretch them a bit, I don’t really want them to grow that tall either. I might be lucky that they are growing slow for my first grow. Only time will tell. Thanks for answering. I will be interested in how your grow goes as well @imSICKkid. Good luck.

2 Likes

Good luck to you as well!!! Watching

What is your grow schedule (lights)? Most growth occurs after lights out FYI.

1 Like

Do you have an exhaust fan pulling in fresh air?

1 Like

I’m running 18/6 @Myfriendis410

1 Like

Perfect. You will likely see a good amount of growth once they decide to push up. I had the same thing going on with my current grow using 3,000K custom lights.

Here’s my journal if you have any interest:

3 Likes

Thanks I will look at that one. I was interested in the hydro method but went soil on the first grow to keep my initial costs down and to actually figure out how much I would grow based on yields. I am using about a 1/4 ounce a month. In my house I am the only one at this point. My wife doesn’t smoke and right now will not try the banana bread I made on Saturday. It wasn’t very potent I don’t think. I have to have a buddy of mine test it. Anyway Thanks for the link up as well. I might have questions of you on hydro later.

1 Like

Learned a couple of neat tricks for making butter:

The first is to use coconut oil instead of butter: it is easier to extract coconut oil from the plant material so your yield is higher.

The other is to add some lecithin to the butter: lecithin increases the body’s ability to uptake the THC.

FYI: edibles are 5 times as potent as smoked.

I’m no pro at hydro. This is my first attempt. It is fine for a winter grow in my area (especially this year in SoCal) but I thing my normal style is going to remain coco or Promix. That way I can move the plants around readily (I like to take em outside for sunlight). Electricity costs here are high enough that it’s kinda painful to get the utility bill lol.

2 Likes

ah well good luck on it. I will watch how it goes.

1 Like

I got my water test meters in today. PH is a tricky number to reach. It don’t take much to go down but going up takes a bit more. My filtered water turns out to be 7.2 PH.

So now I know I was close and in the ball park with what I have given my plants. I was dropping PH to between 5.5 and 5.0 on the waterings I have given my plants. I don’t know if that has been what affected the growth.

I can report though that they have grown over an inch in two days though. That is in just height. But what I like even more are the branches that are forming on the lower stalk. I think these could be wonderful new tops to play with in the future. I just got to keep them growing.

2 Likes

I woke up early today to find no gain in height but some branches are beginning to stretch on Deb.

Meg put in some height gain and strengthening of the main stem.

But they do look great. They are very healthy. None of the leaves show any signs of any lack of food or water. No sign of burns or lighting problems either. I gave them both a good drink of PH’d water with a does of Cal-Mag and Si. I have been putting both in my watering. It raises the PH in my filtered water from 7.2 to 8.3. I verified that with my new test meter. I will be able to dial it in in tighter with PH down but… running at 5.5 PH isn’t bad in soil. The PH in the soil is still high since I have not done a flush or anything on the organic soil I used.

3 Likes

So does this look like a good LST move on these two?

4 Likes

@Amjk this is my journal

1 Like

I’m also only a begginner I have 4 GDP ladies in week 5 from light switch looking good but starting the Maui waui seeds off tonight along with some WW. This forum is awesome Iv learnt so much and still learning every day.

2 Likes

That some good LST @Oldsoldier1976

I did some major training today myself

5 Likes

That looks like great LST work!

Looking great @Oldsoldier1976 love the LST! Hope my journey with MW is as smooth as yours, il be watching :slight_smile:

1 Like

@imSICKkid hey there! If you have a journal I’d love to tag along, just geeking some WW and MW seeds atm

I am not so sure this is a smooth grow @Amjk, but it has been moving along. I was worried some about growth but the two girls look so healthy that I just keep my fingers crossed that they continue.

I looked at them this morning and low and behold they seem to be stretching properly. Deb’s main stem was actually angling up towards the light even though it was bent to be going away from the light. I used another pin to take up that stretch to keep it staying low so that my canopy will stay low.

I will be away for 3 days so Saturday I plan on doing a full water of both plants. I am hoping that they will be okay. Thanks for all who have looked at my journal. This is a lot of fun.

2 Likes

This is an outside the tent photo shoot of my girls Deb and Meg.

This is Meg the Maui. She looks very healthy and I think the LST will be good for her yield.

DSC_1775

This is Deb the Durban Poison. She is a week older than Meg and really beginning to sprout branches to beat the band. I think this plant if it flowers properly will give be a bigger yield than Meg but… I am so ready for a hit of Maui.

5 Likes