My perpetual grow journal

Blue dream 3 got her second watering/flush with flawless finish, blue dream 1 got her first.

BD3

BD1

Black Betty:
Results of what has been cut, washed, and hung:

What is left:

2 Likes

Well, the Dream girls got another flush with 8ml/gal Flawless Finish. I’m hoping to make it till the weekend for harvest, but BD3 seems quite ripe, more ripe than BD1. I’m not sure what “fade” looks like on a dark purple plant looks like, but she doesn’t look like anything is fading. Just as good looking as ever.

Dark period was also increased again(I’ve been increasing over the last 2 ish weeks) from 13, to 13.5. I also dimmed the lights about 5% down to about 55%. I may also try the 48 hour dark time before harvest…thoughts

6 Likes

Won’t hurt, but I think as long as you chop it before lights on, you’ll be okay too.

2 Likes

Well Black Betty has been harvest, washed, and hung.

I wish I could have let this grow longer. But the rot, and weather have made it necessary to harvest. I smoked a half dried bud from the first couple I harvested and it got me pretty well stoned, so it’s not useless.

Blue Dream 3 will be coming down today. I’m going to take the other blue dream this weekend if she is looking better.

5 Likes

Congratulations! Good looking nugs in there.

1 Like

She went through a little bit of crap too. Nice man

1 Like

Blue Dream 3 got cut “trimmed” and hung. Picked up a 5 shelf metal storage unit. Built the bottom half for BD3 and I will be using the other half to hang BD1. Bought a roll of coated 24 gauge wire with a cutter on the package, and used that to hang the branches off the shelf.
I took these from one main branch, organized from lowest to highest (based on branch location, not canopy height. There were 6 of these /sets, but I ended up keeping them together on the majority to make hanging easier.

They were very heavy, and smell AMAZING!

6 Likes

Looking fire in there!

1 Like

Yes she did. Still pulled through. Maybe not as good as she could have been, but such is the risk.

Thank you. Home stretch. Can’t wait to cure and sample this girl.

2 Likes

:monkey: :briefs:
looking mighty fine in your world sir :star_struck:…congrats on the harvest … :sunglasses: :v:

1 Like

Blue Dream 1, the last girl, is now hung and moving to the next stage of “life”.

No nearly as heavy. But dried more before harvest, and IMO needed more time. But she may surprise me.

3 Likes

Well, I yielded about 9oz off each Blue Dream. BD3 definetly has more potency and aroma than BD1. But they are both very good. My father in law is definitely enjoying it. “This is exactly what I’ve been waiting for” his words.

Black betty definetly didn’t do as well as she could have. The high is light, but enjoyable.

I will be getting reset soon, and going to see how well I can do with one plant at a time in that 4x4 tent. But i need to get my winter prep done first, and better insulate the basement so I don’t need to run heaters.

3 Likes

congrats on the harvest …damn fine bud you got there :ok_hand:…the colors are most appealing …job well done… :sunglasses: :v:

1 Like

Sweet job man!

2 Likes

Thank you guys. I am most impressed with this harvest. I love when they get colorful.

1 Like

Ok, so I have “fixed” the cold basement issue. I disconnected one of my heat vents and hooked an intake duct to the bottom of my tent so it pulls air from upstairs into the tent. I hooked up a 6" pancake fan to the intake duct with a speed controller to slow it down, and have a carbon filter onside the tent with my Infinity fan exhausting the air into the basement.
Intake

Exhaust:

The heat that was blowing through that pipe, is now blowing into the basement. Steady temp in the basement is now 60-62 F, up from 48-50. Tent temps are now staying steady with lights off and no heaters at 60-64, and 34% humidity. I assume with the aeroponics running in the tent, my humidity will go up a bit.

This grow will be in my HP Aeroponics setup from seed to harvest. I drilled a new hole in my lid so I can have one centralized plant in the tote. I also sprayed rubberized undercoating on the lid to block the light so I don’t have algae issues like last time. I removed the two center nozzles, and now have just the 4 nozzles(two on each side of the tote.

This is the seed I hope to grow

It is an exotic seed called Reesez from a local grower. Supposed to be a 25% plus THC strain. Seeds are not feminized, so fingers crossed for a female. Worse case, I will collect pollen and do some experimenting.

3 Likes

Way to find a solution man. Nice

2 Likes

Glad to see you got it all rigged up to keep the tent from running too cold with lights out.

Hope that local strain does well for you! I‘ve been meaning to hit up my local shop to see when/if they plan on making seeds available again.

1 Like

Well, ordered an apera ph meter kit because my doesn’t work anymore, and it was time for an upgrade. I got the aeroponics set up in the tent with my Mars Hydro sp3000 dimmed down to 10%.

I added 4 gallons tap water, with a couple sprinkles of rooting powder, and 40ml of Clonex solution.

I dont know the ph of the solution, but added 2ml ph down knowing the tap water is roughly 7.4. Ph meter should arrive Wednesday.

I set the timer to 3min on, 3min off to see what happens to the water temps. I’m thinking I will need a long cycle time to start with until the roots get established, then I will cut it down to seconds, instead of minutes of on time.

Any one have info on what the resevoir temp range should be?

Hopefully I’m not talking out of my…

I believe having a motor run so intermittently is very hard on it and will often times ruin motors quickly. I don’t run a hydro rig so I don’t know how people normally run their pumps though?