My perpetual grow journal

Good glad to hear that. Some bore and others just eat. Capt Jacks is good stuff.

1 Like

way to go. round one to you.

1 Like

Easy to spot buds with no hairs on this girl, usually a worm nearby. This guy I almost missed. Blended right in, but caught my eye as I looked away. There was no new damage that I could see. Just this guy that died on his way to lunch. :smiling_imp::skull_and_crossbones:

Round two is close behind, as unfortunately I found a curled small leaf canoe wise, so I investigated and found webbing inside the curl, and a worm looking larvae. So hopefully my dead bug, sns203 soil app, and or Neem treatment will keep those f@#*ers from doing too much damage.

2 Likes

hammer those buggers. do me a favour and as u squish one and make a maniacal laugh for me. those buggers killled my plants outside.

2 Likes

Will do. @Dr.ofSmokology they will pay!

1 Like

Well so far I have found nothing but dead bugs :bug: on my outdoor Black betty.
I watered Blue Dream 3 with 2 gallons Tap water with 1.5 tsp of sns203 added. Ph down to 5.8 over shot my 5.9 mark but oh well. Seems to be healthy and happy. Gave Black Betty a gallon of the water too.

1 Like

I watered Blue Dream 1 and defoliated a little to un cover the bud sites further down. And any that looked like they were slow developing. Water was 2 gal, with 1.5 tsp sns203 ph 6.0.

Black Betty got the same water as well. I finally spent a bit of time with Black Betty and pulled the outside branches out. Used 3 legs of the plant supports I use, but because this plant is so wide, the 18" diameter rings weren’t big enough. They are able to be opened, so I use 2 of them connected together as a continuous ring to create this 36 inch diameter plant support.

I also got the bamboo stakes out and made a quick “teepee” with the bug netting just before the sun set completely.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Well, that was fail on my part for not factoring in the rain and top heaviness of that net on the plant. Came out yesterday morning and found it like this

Luckily it took minimal damage, but I have taken the net off for now. Still no live bugs. Anyone have any input on the use of captain jacks or sns203, or neem during flower/ closer to harvest? Is it safe to keep using it into late flower? Will there be left over taste/smell?

Blue Dream 1 got watered 2 days ago. And last night I gave her nutes absolutely last minute before lights out because she would have waited until 5 today otherwise. Gave her full strength AN Sensi A+B 16 ml/gal, Cal Mag Plus 3ml/gal, B52 8ml/gal, Big Bud 8ml/gal, FF Bembe 3ml/gal, sns203 1.5 tsp/2gal. I fed her 1.5 gallons before lights out, plan to feed the other 1/2 gallon at lunch time today.

Blue Dream 1 day 33 since flip

Blue Dream 3 day 35 since flip

5 Likes

I think the rule of thumb is to discontinue Neem oil (makes sense, that stuff SMELLS so weird) but Jack’s dead bug is good to keep doing til harvest. Not sure about the other.

1 Like

Fed all the girls today full strength Bloom Nutes

Black Betty has fallen over twice now, once because of the bug netting, then another time after I took it off. It was a windy day. I put cinder blocks around the pot to sturdy it up, and added 3 more legs to the support ring.

Blue Dream 1 and Blue Dream 3 looking much different than eachother, and only 3 days apart.
BD1 at 35 days from flip:

BD3 at 37 days since flip:

She has some color showing :slight_smile:

Clearly BD1 is having some type of issue, I’m thinking root related because if the randomness of the affected leaves(she got really dry a couple times recently because of the heat). Oddly enough BD3 looks much healthier, but I found little wiggly white things in the water that pooled up when watering.

I’ve been using the sns203 in every watering added to the nutrients. I’ve read that there are some beneficial mites that live in the soil and eat dying stuff and other bugs, but I’m not sure yet if those are it. No flying insects In the tent, so I’m thinking it’s not fungas gnats. I’ll keep an eye on her.

3 Likes

Day 39 from flip, Blue Dream 1 gets a flush to try mitigating what looks like a nutrient lockout. I flushed with 4 gallons of tap water with 3ml/gal cal mag plus, ph’d down to 6.0. Ppm 324, EC 648 of flush.
After 2 gallons, runoff started coming out, ppm 2060, EC 4130, ph 5.8. Ec seems a bit high, supposed to be closer to 1500? In week 6/7 of flower?
After the last gallon and waiting a few minutes, I took final runoff at ph 6.4, ppm 516, and EC of 1033. I did not follow up with nutes after, but week 7 starts Monday and she should be hungry/thirsty by then and I plan to give full strength nutes with overdrive added.

Finally charged my microscope up.
BD1

BD3 got 2 gallons with 7.5ml/gal overdrive, and 3ml/gal cal mag plus, to hold her off until next feeding.

Black betty got fed as well 2 gallons of a and b full strength, b52, and big bud full strength, and cal mag plus at 3ml/gal. Still not a lot of bulk on the buds, not sure if it’s environmental, or genetic, or nutrition, but she doesn’t have nute burn, lower leaves are pale green, pistles are nice and white, maybe she is not as far in flower? I’m not sure.

5 Likes

Blue Dream 1 got fed 2 gallons of week 7 nutes today, first nutes since the flush on Saturday. Showing more leaves affected by the nute issue. Through research, I’ve read the blue dream is a heavy feeder, maybe I just didn’t give it enough cal mag?.. or maybe this is just how it looks when this strain disposes of its leaves?..but why sugar leaves on some too?, doesn’t make a whole lot of sense so far, but I fed full strength week 7 Bloom nutes with FF Bembe added at 15ml/gal

I also took off the most affected, and easiest to get to(without digging into the bud) fan leaves showing the spotting/yellowing.
Before

After

4 Likes

Still covered in some fat buds. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that you sort her out quickly, nice plant

1 Like

Buds are definetly looking nice, trying to determine if it’s a lockout, or an actual deficiency. Same issue I had last grow in flower, starting to wonder if it has something to do with lights being too much. I’ve read that LED lights can cause excessive photosynthesis and make the plant take in more nutrients than it can handle, or just more nutrients in general. So the flush was the first attempt at fixing it, next attempt will be increasing nutes, specifically cal mag and possibly base nutes as well. It’s just weird that the other blue dream is looking just fine, and stacking the flowers quite nicely. But learning is part of why I do this. Every grow gets us closer to understanding what the ladies need and want.

2 Likes

Yeah powerful LEDs sure can (so I’ve read). It’s funny, I’ve read so much that I feel like I should know everything. Then you think about the lack of practice and I realize I know nothing.

I usually go to @Myfriendis410 @Nicky @Hellraiser @MidwestGuy if I need help reading leaves

4 Likes

Your plants are looking good and ripe. I suspect you’re close to the finish line so not much can be done to make a visible difference. From the looks of that second picture, IMO, it appears to me to be a lockout.
Have you calibrated your PH devise lately?

Light intensity will usually cause the leaves near the top most growth (closest to the light) to turn yellow and the leaf tips curl up. The lower part of the buds will generally be fine.

If all of your plants buds/leaves are looking like the second pic, I think I would lean more towards lockout.

Folks that have been tagged will know more than myself so hang tight…

Good luck! :+1: :v: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yeah too close to finish to worry much about, I’d just ride it out instead of throwing stuff at her trying to fix it at this point.

3 Likes

First time growing this strain, a little in the dark on when the finish will be honestly. Based on info from the seed supplier, it has an 65-70 day flower time. The one with issues is looking like it will be closer to the 8 week mark, but looking quite mature even for that. She is in week 7 right now day 43 from flip. Should I still be pushing nutes or start flush? I start pulling my hair out at this point because I want to time the flush right and not lose out of potency or weight.

2 Likes

Looks like a couple weeks to go at least, I’d do water only til chop.

You could flush for 2 or 3 weeks before harvest and not lose any potency or weight, just don’t harvest too early which will affect both.

1 Like