My perpetual grow journal

Very nice and healthy looking grow you have :ok_hand::sunglasses::v:

1 Like

Aero update:
Checked ph when I got out of work, was 6.8. Adjusted down to 5.8. Ppm is 402, ec is 804, and water temp is 65.8. They are looking healthy up top and at the roots. Roots are branching out nicely, trimmed a couple inches off the bottom of two of them. Light is dimmed down to 25 percent hanging at roughly 24 inches.

2 Likes

Veg update: that black betty is determined to be taller than the rest. Need to decide the training I want to use on it, but worried it might be a male. Either way it needs to get in line lol

2 Likes

Veg update:
Fed 4 of them yesterday, 1 gal each Sensi Grow A 6ml/gal, Sensi Grow B 6ml/gal, B52 8ml/gal, Cal Mag Plus 3ml/gal, ph down to 6.2.

Blue Dream 1 did some more twisting and supercropping. This plant is staying flat on its own for the most part. I havent tied anything down.

Blue Dream 3:

Black Betty 2:

Black Betty 3:
If anyone wants to know what a male looks like as soon as you can identify it, this is it. Hard to see, but that is a little mushroom looking sprout coming from the v where the branch meets the stem. Thats a male pollen sack starting to grow.

And the whole family:

3 Likes

Aero update:

These clones are reluctant to get growing again. Taken week 4, makes sense why. But im going to see it through just because.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Well, some of the girls are showing some ph/nute issues, so I decided to do a mini flush. 2 gallons each (normally 1 gal) ph’d to 6.0. Watered 1 gal, let sit for about 15 minutes to dissolve any salts and nutes, then followed with the second gallon which ended up being mostly runoff. Ph of runoff was 6.0, ppm of 1970, and ec of 3950. I have been using the nutes at 1/4 to 1/2 recommended strength to try avoiding this issue, but seems I might need to do mini flushes periodically to rid the build up.

I have named Black Betty #1 Threebee because of her three main shoots at a single node:

I removed the under shoots And left the top ones on the same node at the first node on each. As the mains grow, I’m going to offset the shoots to avoid shading as much as possible.

Blue Dream #2 got some training and evening of the canopy, added the support cage and marked designated spots to evenly space the 8 mains. Did some suppercropping on the middle 4 mains to try helping them get more growth.

Some of the leaf issues:

Black Betty #3(the male) got put outside on the porch. I will let him develop some pollen, collect it and cut him down.

2 Likes

They are in Promix HP?

Yes. A combo of promix hp and some generic version because that’s all they had left.

1 Like

Aero update, clones are showing growth tips and seem like they are good color. Roots are looking healthy. Forgot to do a reservoir change this weekend, so I did it today. Discovered a free “reservoir cleaner” aka my spinning sprinkler. Put the reservoir upside down on it and turned it on for a few minutes. Spotless. Filled the reservoir with 3 gallons tap water, Sensi Grow A and B, B52 and Cal Mag, all at 2ml/gal. Ph’d down to 5.0(sorta on accident, was aiming for 5.4). I think I am going to need something to keep the nutes mixed in the reservoir, the off cycle being 5 minutes, and on time being 2 seconds is leaving the water still for a while. I have a suspicion that is the reason my ph is raising so quick. I think the nutes are sinking and separating.

2 Likes

You’ve got a lot of fun going on over there

1 Like

Girls are doing great

1 Like

Aero update: trimmed the roots that reached the water, about 2 inches cut off. Roots still looking healthy from what I can tell. Tops are growing better and look healthy. Ph was 6.8 when I checked today, brought it down to 5.5. They seem to like the range of ph I have been allowing. I ordered a circulation pump to keep the res water and nutes mixed.

Little sprout pushing out from the bud looks like a seedling :seedling:

3 Likes

Veg update: watered 4 of the girls with ph’d tap water. Ph was 5.8. They are looking like they have plenty of nutes, and after the mini flush showed 1900ppm, i may need to start alternating nutes/water.
Black Betty 1 didn’t get watered, but look at those leaves

Blue Dream 3 got a bit dry…

Black betty 2 got lower “1st” node growth removed and some manipulation to spread the tops out a bit

3 Likes

Blue dream 1 got more twistcropping is what I’m calling it lol. Twisted till she “pops” seems to like it so far. I think im trying like a screen free filled canopy with this one

1 Like

Aero update. Bought a second tote to swap out with resevoir change. Installed drain hose, and found out that the silicone I used to seal the tote to the bottom lid isn’t as waterproof as it said. Peeled right off. So I just used black gorilla tape around it to prevent light leaks. Also put black trash bag over top to try stopping the algae growth on the bottom side of it. The yellow lids are not light proof enough, and I believe that is the culprit. I sprayed a solution of sns203 all over the roots and the lid/walls. Per instructions on the bottle, I let it sit for 10 minutes(it was actually like 30) while I mixed the nutes up (3 gallons, Sensi Grow A and B at 3ml/gal each, B52 at 3ml/gal, cal mag plus at 2ml/gal). Ph of nutes initially was 6.8, i adjusted down to 5.6. I rinsed off the sns203 solution with tap water poured over it all(about 1.5 gallon total). Took the old resevoir out, put the new one under the plants, and added the nutes. Timer is still set to cycle 2 seconds on, then 5 minutes off.

My combo garden sprinkler/ resevoir cleaner. :rofl:

2 Likes

Circulator pump arrived today, and is basically perfect for what I wanted. I want to design a manifold sprayer for the resevoir as simple as holes in tubing around the perimeter of the resevoir. The holes would be pointed down to avoid spraying the roots, and they would be Big enough holes to create a thin stream instead of a spray, to avoidas much mist as I can but still circulate the nutes.
Also did some training/supercropping to shorten them

Veg update: watered Blue Dream 3, and Black Betty 1 with tap water ph’d to 5.9. I’m using tap water without nutes to try correcting the nutrient issues they were showing. I watered until runoff just started to drip, collected enough runoff to test, and BD3 ph was 6.0, PPM down to 820, and Ec of 1600. BB1 had PH of 5.9, PPM 1200, and EC of 2500. I’ll post pictures tomorrow.

1 Like

Blue Dream 3 got lower growth shoots removed
Before:

After:

Black Betty 1 got some fan leaves taken out of the center. The fan leaves on this plant are HUGE. I’m wondering if it has something to do with the 3 way node. It does seem to be growing a bit slower than the rest. Might just end up with a short trident lol.

3 Likes

Aero update: roots exploded with branching. Tops still showing some nute deficiency. Going to try changing reservoir with more Grow A and B added in, as well as the Voodoo Juice. If I’m reading the leaves right, looks like potassium (K) deficiency? The Grow B has NPK value of 1-2-6, B52 has 2-1-4. Right now I’m using the nutes at about 1/4 strength, but I’m going to bump it up to 3/8(6ml/gal) on the Sensi Grow A and B, and 100 percent on the Voodoo Juice to try correcting the deficiency.

2 Likes