My perpetual grow journal

Thank you!

1 Like

The reservoir is down to roughly 2 gallons, and the EC has skyrocketed. It measured at PH 5.6, and EC of 1680.
I added 2 gallons of tap water not ph’d. Adjusted the ph back down to 5.7. I think that is where the leaf discoloration is coming from. New res being mixed tomorrow, will adjust then.

1 Like

She has a new res mixed up with slightly higher (was 1/4 strength, now 1/3 strength) nutrient solution. 20ml Sensi Grow A and B, 10ml B52, 4ml CalMag Plus, and 8ml Hydroguard. Ph’d down to 5.5 with an Ec of 1240.

This was her after training and defol/clone removal on 4/30:

This is her today:

And some under net shots

3 Likes

How much longer you planning on vegging for?

1 Like

Honestly, im not sure. My goal was to fill the screen. This is my first time with the scrog, and with this strain, so im not sure what the stretch is going to be like, or if it will be capable of filling the screen.

Also, forgot to mention, i topped the other two mains last week to help fill out the edge of the screen

I bet if you flip soon it’ll stretch into those corners. You’re getting close man

1 Like

Think so? I probably wont have much choice soon because the secondary branches i rerouted to the center are getting tight.

I mean… if plants average doubling in height… you’ll be having fun trying to keep her under that net :joy::rofl:.

I’ve got some plants in my tent that went from 15" to 55" in about 2.5 weeks. It was not what I was expecting

1 Like

Well, she seems happy with the lighting changes, and timer changes. Perked up and reaching through the net.

These roots are going to fill these two totes i believe…they are crawling along the underside of the lid, and up the walls

6 Likes

Beautiful roots, my friend. :v::100:

Update: I added a second light to the tent. Added one of my Mars TSL2000 hooked together with the SP3000 dimmed to roughly 33%. Roughly the same measurement at the canopy as it was with just the SP3000, but covering the whole thing. Out of curiosity, i measured the sunlight mid day with the LUX app. It was measuring 40k. In the tent, I have the lights dimmed to ~20k at the canopy at 20 inches above.

Im torn on what to do come flower time…probably a week from now, add a 3rd light (tsl2000) with the sp3000 in the middle and the tsl’s on each side, or, leave the two in there through flower, or switch the sp3000 out for a tsl so they match and have 2 tsl2000 in flower. The only reason I’m debating it is because because one of the lights(sp3000) has uv leds in it and the tsl2000 dont. But the coverage for the sp3000 in flower is 2x5, 2x4 for the tsl2000

I mean, that would be a total of 900W give or take, worth of lighting…is that too much? Of course i could just search the internet for an answer, but im looking for your opinions. I grew the blue dream plants last grow each with two lights(also single plants, but soil). I actually grew one plant with two tsl2000, and the other plant with tsl2000, and sp3000. One definetly came out “better”, but there were alot of variables that cant really confirm what caused it. Blue Dream 3 can be thanked for this ramble. :smile:

Annyway, i did another big tuck and defol, before the res change on Saturday. Mixed up 4 gallons of 20ml of Sensi Grow A, and Grow B, 10ml of B52, 8ml of Hydroguard, <1/2 tsp Great White; ph’d down to 5.5 with AN Ph down.

Mid day 12:30pm

Night 7:08pm

4 hours later…

And Sunday night 5pm

I think the “PLan” is to flip to flower this weekend, but she will decide that in the coming days…

5 Likes

@dbrn32 what are your thoughts on lighting here?

Grow looks great man!

2 Likes

She’s looking wonderful brother.

About the only help I could be when it comes to the lights is to tag in dbrn32 he’s my expert. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

This news to me. I checked spd, i didn’t see any significant representation of UV. I’m not really a believer of UV going significantly change outcome of your grow either. With that said, i would just do whatever you feel is best fit.

2 Likes

No such thing as too much. Just lights you should probably dim :joy:

I don’t either. I just see IR diodes. Honestly I don’t really see anything on the SPD that warrants the price difference of ~$100. But I also gotta admit I didn’t look all that closely at the hardware, just the basic specs.

2 Likes

Honestly. Looking at the specs now, i dont see anything about it, but im pretty sure mine has them, might be an older model i guess.

3 Likes

She’s going to be a serious plant very soon. Beautiful work man

1 Like

Sooo, she is growing fast now…

Changed out the collar and made some cutouts for these roots

I had to add a gallon yesterday to the res, she is drinking alot. Res was at 1400 ec, after the gallon was added, it brought it down to 1050. Hardly any runoff coming from the grow chamber. Roots are filling out the tote and still looking very healthy.

I used the photone app to measure my dli, it is coming in at 18 with lights dimmed to 25%, i upped them to 50% to get a dli of 28. Currently running lights at 17/7, will be flipping to 12/12 this weekend.

4 Likes