My perpetual grow journal ( a lot you can do with a home office)

I know whatcha mean with your electric. Im running off 2 different breakers and have 1 extension cord ran from behind the fridge upstairs to the basement powering my drying tent. I was also flipping breakers all the time and had to figure out where to split the energy to level it out. Also idk if you saw the post but apparently it saves the moderators time if you put this behind your links
?tag=ilovegrowingm-20

1 Like

Ok Iā€™ll start doing that for sure

1 Like

?tag=ilovegrowingm-20

1 Like

Yeah I bought a 70 liter dehumidifier tor my 5x5: thought it was over there. Haha not even!

1 Like

How do you rehydrate and do all that? Would you suggest I do the same over ordering the 50 liter bags?

I use Canna. With Jackā€™s, itā€™s just so easy. Youā€™ll find it easier to control your lung room than each tent. Our exhaust systems empty the tent so quickly that your fishing the environment youā€™re creating the whole time. Chasing your tail.

Get the humidity inside the room those tents live in and youā€™ll be pulling the parameters youā€™re looking for into it.

3 Likes

For rehydrating all you do is just bust up the bricks with a hammer and flathead and then add your jacks 321 full strength with a heavy dose of cal mag. Since coco coir is an inert medium it doesnt have any nutrients in it so you have to add them and ive found after transplanting without rehydrating with the heavy cal mag dose that my plants afterwards experienced a cal mag Deficiency so ever since then ive add about 30 ml per 5 gal of cal mag to my jacks 321 full strength 5 gal batch. Once you start adding water it will expand and you can further break down the bricks with ease. I like to make it to where the coco coir is wet but not sopping because after i transplant i like to water to runoff and add recharge as a final addition

1 Like

So you add cal mag in with every feeding as well instead of epson salt?

I was wondering about that. Iā€™m gonna try to take the 70 pint dehumidifier out of my tent and put it in the lung room and see if I can control both tents humidity from the outside. Any suggestions or tricks for doing this ?

1 Like

My tents are crammed in there haha

Yep! Thatā€™s a pretty tight space. Thereā€™s no magic trickā€¦ just allow the dehumidifier to control the air inside the room so whatever is being pulled in is already where you want it.

With Jackā€™s 321 there is no need to add extra Cal mag because it is in the recipe already. If you wanted to increase the levels of it you would up the part B slightly as well as Epsom salt as those are your calcium and magnesium anyway.

3 Likes

Will the dehmifier work in the lung room even though my intake fan to bring in air to my 5x5 flower tent is running from an hvac that goes out the window to bring in fresh cold airs from outside?

1 Like

CalMag buffers the cation exchange sites. If you donā€™t buffer coco with CalMag youā€™ll have calcium and/or magnesium deficiencies every time. Use 1.5 times the normal dose in your buffering solution. I buffered with calmag and Jackā€™s this time instead of just calmag. Then watered down the EC with 25% Jackā€™s. Worked well. Gives the seedlings some nutes when youā€™re just using plain water.

1 Like

Only time you need to add calmag when using Jackā€™s is when you buffer the coco. If youā€™re unfamiliar with the process check out the cocoforcannabis website. I buffer my coco just like Dr. Coco except I now add Jackā€™s for the second buffering.

2 Likes

Thanks @Outlaw . Dude I love that website!

1 Like

I was on there reading before I found this forum. Without both of them Iā€™d be screwed. Any time someoneā€™s question requires a longer answer than I want to type here I just refer them to Dr. Coco.

2 Likes

I feel like there is pretty noticeable difference in my plant growth and development when canopy temps get much below 80f. From there i just use led/leaf surface temp corrected vpd chart. I donā€™t have a large grow so i cant justify spending a lot on environmental controls, so rarely are my environmentals are perfect. I just do what i can to keep as reasonable as possible.

9 Likes

The meaning of ā€œhome officeā€ from a numbers guy

My home office consists of a desk with a computer and printer. A 100 bottle wine rack. A 2-drawer filing cabinet with a wine cooler on it. A full gun cabinet. A single bed with about 20 jars of cured herb under it.

If it were in my basement, I could use it as a potential bomb shelter! Iā€™d be set!

2 Likes

@BigCat420 Iā€™m sure it changes but the best price I could find for canna bricks

Perlite dust isnā€™t something you want to breath a lot off. I open the bag, mist it to keep the dust down then rinse what I need using a large colander.