My perpetual grow journal ( a lot you can do with a home office)

Did you get a chance to speak with a cannatrol rep @BigCat420 ?

No i figured they werent open on the weekends so i sent an email out. Last time they replied very fast so i imagine ill have a reply by tuesday next week at the latest

1 Like

Awesome, I’m looking forward to that cause I really want the unit to work for my needs.

1 Like

I decided im gonna get one regardless of if i have to split harvest or not. I believe it’ll work for our needs. I saw @pr cram his full or maybe that was @Took1-4theteam. They said they put like double the amount in there and it worked. The issue with that as stated in the post was that consistently overloading the cannatrol can cause the unit motor to freeze or something as it struggles to hold the ideal temp and humidity. It will be a learning curve but isnt everything lol. Im looking forward to using it for drying and curing this flower run as long as my taxes come back when they are supposed to and it ships quickly

1 Like

Looking good @matty777

2 Likes

Does this look like white powder mildew to you guys? It’s these little spots that show up in some of my harvests.

It sucks cause it’s in a lot of this plants harvest. Do I do a bud wash?

It doesnt look like wpm but it might be bud rot. If its either of these i would personally toss it. Here is my example of what i think is bud rot from my gpld leaf last harvest. Hopefully that helps you some in your decision but i have seen on here that @MidwestGuy and some others do a bud wash and said it will eliminate any WPM

Hard to see but it looks like rot…

1 Like

Can’t really tell, but I’d cut out and toss anything that looks questionable.

1 Like

@Graysin I think he was hoping to do a bud wash and save it because most of his plant was affected

I’d still cut out anything that was “questionable” versus “hmm.” It’s a hard threshold to quantify. But sometimes you can kind of just intuit when your bud just looks wrong.

1 Like

Yeah i feel bad because he’s gonna have to throw out that whole plant i know how that feels it sucks

1 Like

So good news it turned out to just be the spots that fox tailed and dried out, no bud rot no mold. :clap:

2 Likes

One thing I’m learning is to cut off all those sucker branches cause I don’t know how I ended up with so much popcorn buds but I did. Especially for the Tropicana cookies. I don’t think im gonna grow many sativas anymore as I like dense buds, but it’s nice to get the experience and it did turn out to be very nice and sticky it’s just trimming it sucks.:weary:.

2 Likes

I think I’m gonna order a green broz trim bucket today if not then definitely for next harvest. What do you guys think about those? They look like they can do the job, I hate trimming I just hate it so having my weekends would be well worth the money to me. I know @CooterJuice has one and it seems to be working great for him.

2 Likes

I had to look it up. Looks like a solution.

I use a TrimBag. It’s essentially the same idea - tumbles the buds around to knock all the annoying crap loose. The cool thing about the trim bag is it separates out the shake from the buds. There’s a grate that separates them - if you empty the shake first, you can just dump the bud and have mostly clean stuff ready to go straight into curing.

I just trimmed a bunch but forgot to take pics. I’ve got a couple plants to go, I’ll try to snag you before/after shots.

@matty777

Here’s a trimmed plant in 13 minutes (from getting the bud into the trim bag to getting trimmed product back out).

I did natural light and flash pics of each step. Bear in mind this plant is over-dried, so I couldn’t strip the buds off my plant the way I normally would, the branches sorta just snapped off with the bud, so it’s way stemmy compared to how it normally is.

Loading buds:

Emptying shake:

Dumping buds:

Finished bud (no touch ups, I just grabbed a couple bigger buds out of the bin):

2 Likes

I’m ordering one this week @Graysin

3 Likes