My perpetual grow journal ( a lot you can do with a home office)

Made me decide to get a cannatrol unit with my tax refund. @BigCat420 said he was pulling the trigger. I doubt this will be my last staggered harvest so that cannatrol unit will sure come in handy. I just hope it doesn’t take away a lot of the terpenes

2 Likes

Thanks buddy, I love my dog. She’s my life!

1 Like

I’ll see how much is left when I chop down the rest this weekend. If it’s just a little bit I’ll pull early and use for edibles to clear the Space to clear the veg tent out.

2 Likes

Next round of ladies, clones and 3 seedlings

2 Likes

Does anyone use a moisture meter to tell when the drying is done? I’m just not good at judging e whether to bag or not because I either overdry or under. If anyone has a suggestion for moisture meters that work I would appreciate it. Happy growing everyone !

1 Like

2 Likes

Another way, one I prefer, is the smoke test. Take an average bud and grind it up in your grinder. Then roll a nice joint. How did it feel to roll? If it stays lit and burns evenly, not going out all the time, it’s good. Into the jars and burp daily for 2 weeks, checking the buds to see if they aren’t feeling moist.
After that, I leave mine at least a month before I smoke it, gives it a nice cure. I’m smoking my Aug 15th chop stuff now, pretty smooth!

4 Likes

You know what it is it’s that I’m so indecisive I’ll be spending hours going back and forth between branches and then most likely would end up over drying most certainly overthinking. I like to have numbers in front of me as it makes things very clear and definitive. I’m jealous that you have the ability to give it the old smoke test/ feel test. It’s definitely the way to go in my opinion, old school. The old farmer goes out in the fields and says “yup there ready after rubbing the flower between his hands

1 Like

Just ordered one buddy.

1 Like

I tried to order that grinder too but the fastest shipping available was for mid March so that a no go. I decided between two, the Santa Cruz shredder 4 piece and the space case 4 piece. They are both 100$ partly cause of quality im sure mostly due to inflation. Man oh man more than I want this spend on a grinder but they market that the grinder will last you 10+ years so in that sense it’s worth it. Anyone have any of these grinders to help mr indecisive over make a decision :laughing:?

Ive only heard good things about the space case. Had many buddies own them and love them. Never had a santa cruz grinder but the teeth will tell you a lot on how its gonna grind for you. I would personally go for the space case

1 Like

Space case it is then. Thanks buddy!

1 Like

I ended up ordering a Santa Cruz shredder cause they upped the space case to 120$ which is just too much. The large went up to 170$. I got a large Santa Cruz shredder for 90. I think it should be a good grinder it has great reviews and my father in law has one and swears by it.

1 Like

Nice! I remember getting mine on amazon after looking up what my buddies paid for their space case and i was like hahahaha nooooppppee im good on that price tag. Sometimes you have to step back and realize its just a name brand slapped on it and a majority of them all work the same

Yeah I would have gotten the one you have if they would have shipped sooner. I think the Santa Cruz will be good though . Man oh man am I tired from yesterdays harvest. Honestly I could have let them go for longer but I needed the space to dry the ones the were ready and turning amber. The stuff that’s underdeveloped is due to me not spreading out the plants enough and probably packing the tent too tight. So I’ll count is as a lesson and will spread out better this time. Still a lot of the bud is finished and looks great and I’m very happy with it.

1 Like

Tropicana cookie ended up looking great!

1 Like

Congrats on the harvest! Beautiful plants and im sure you copped a good amount from those ladies! Hey man its all about learning and reapplying your knowledge to better yourself every grow there will always be something to pop up but take it as a learning curve and dont let it get to ya. Mistakes happen and if they didnt we would never learn. Next grow will just be even better im looking forward to it!

1 Like

That’s exactly my train of thought. Hey man I always appreciate your encouragement and support: thanks brotha!

1 Like

Moved the girls to the flower tent. I’m not gonna flip them for another week. Get a scrog net up in there and let them mature just a little more.

1 Like

No room for negativity here brother! I wanna see everyone here succeed and get better every grow!

1 Like