My Penthouse Girls. (No, not that Penthouse)

Right on!! I’m happy to keep up with a steady grow!!

For sure. My outdoor grows are usually pretty uneventful until mid flower. Then it’s usually a battle against time and the elements.

Another update. The girls are growing with zero issues.
Hard to believe it’s been 3+ weeks already.

Still having a hard time uploading photos. Grrrrr.
Yes, I cleared my cache

1 Like

Also thinking it may be time for a few clone cuttings.

5 Likes

What happened to the other plants?? You had some buds bowing before and now you’ve got two in full veg…seemed like things we’re going alright!

1 Like

Growing*

Edit

H. E. A. L. T. H. Y.

Looking really good.

Curious if you take clones will you grow them outside already this year??

:sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

Sorry about that. I was just focusing on the Zkittlez and LSD, but I don’t mind tossing the 2 autos in the mix. It’s my first go with autos, so it’s kind of experimental.

I have them both in straight fox farms ocean forest. I was hoping to go the distance without adding nutes, but the leaves are starting to ask for a little nourishment. I’ll be adding some cal mag to the next watering and plan on a very light (maybe 100-200ppm) feeding in the next week or two.
There hasn’t been any noticeable development in the past week. Temps have been cool (highs in the 60’s and lows in the 40’s) the past 4 days, so that might be slowing them down a bit.

3 Likes

No. I’ll be putting those indoors. While I still have about 1.5 months before my outdoor grows begin flowering, I typically only do 1 planting outdoors.

That’s one of the reasons I tried a couple autos this year. Hopefully they’ll be done just as the photos begin flowering.

Lots of growth in just a month.

It’s been hot, and they’ve been thirsty. I fed a very mild aact yesterday with a broad spectrum of nutes (grow, micro, silica, k, cal mag, catalyst). Ppm of the solution was 250±, and pH was adjusted to 6.3. I also spread a few tsp of nitrogen fixing ground cover seeds. As soon as I see growth I’ll also add some alfalfa hay as mulch. It should help retain a bit of moisture as well as keep my colonies happy.

I didn’t take cuttings this week. I just didn’t see anything I wanted to sacrifice at the moment. I’ve got plenty of time.

The two auto are showing calcium deficiency. I was really trying to grow start to finish in the ffof without adding anything but water. image image
It’s not surprising. Rain water and RO just don’t have enough. I used a little of the same aact from the other plants but added extra cal
Mag and some big blooming guano (for a little phosphorus that hopefully won’t kill my soil critters). Ppms were higher in this solution @400.
The autos are slowwwwwwly progressing. Once again, not thrilled with the fox tailing genetics, but I’m sure the smoke will be great.

6 Likes

The nitrogen fixing cover crop took off, so I added some alfalfa hay as mulch. This is something new to me, so hopefully I see some positive results.

I did water in some cal-mag. To help the autos, and get ahead of possible issues with the big girls. I used tap water aerated over night, adding 25ml of ej cal mag for 4 gallons. pH was adjusted to 6.38 using citrus acid crystals.

The fan leaves are getting huge.

I’ve got about another month before I expect to see any signs of flowering. Hopefully they hit the 7’ mark.

The 2 autos aren’t visually progressing at all. My plan was to have them finished before the big girls begin flowering. Ahhhh, Mother Nature.

5 Likes

Time for an update.

The lsd and zkittlez are continuing to increase in size. At this point the LSD is hitting 6’ and the Zkittlez about 8” behind it. They may outgrow my “privacy shield”, and make installing the roof a bit more complicated. I can handle bigger :+1:

I’ve hit them with neem again. Some munch holes here and there, but I believe the little bastards just take a bite or two and realize it tastes like :face_vomiting:, and depart.

Found this spider munching away today. You go girl!

I gave a med strength tea to them last week, not because they needed it specifically, but because I wanted to be sure to introduce a bit more micro nutes and a bit more “n”. I see nothing but healthy green. They’ve been thirsty…

The weather has been rough the past couple weeks. About 5 days of rain and gloom, followed by a good 8-10 days of very high temps. Multiple days into the 90’s. Which leads me to the autos.

I hadn’t considered the effect of high temps on late stage flowering plants. July is probably not the best month for the final weeks. This was an auto experiment, and I’ll def have to plan better next time.
The 2 autos have pretty much stalled in their flowering.

The 5 days of rain created the perfect environment for botrytis. Which of course popped up on the smaller one. I cut it out and soaked the area(s) with straight h2o2. No recurrence after a week, but I’ll attribute that to the hot weather.
It looks worse in the pics than it actually is. The h2o2 burned a lot of the surrounding buds.

Then there’s the other thing.
The 2 autos have pretty much stalled in their flowering.
Like zero growth in 2 weeks.
So, I brewed up a tea with a good dose of P. I’ve been avoiding more than 30-40ppm of P, just to preserve my biome, but with nothing happening I figured it was time to just give in and bottle feed.

A day later and new pistols and growth have begun.

Not much on the lanky one though.

The focus of this journal/grow are the big plants
I’ve been neglecting the autos for the most part and it shows. I wanted to see how they do without much help… mission accomplished :joy:

4 Likes

Ya. The autos do seem to be needy kids.:joy:
Your photos look good tho. :+1:

1 Like

Growing like weeds.

Both plants starting to show pre-flowers. Hopefully full on flowering in the next 2-3weeks.

I’ve seen a couple of these little buggers over the past few days. Probably time for another round of neem.

6 Likes

whats that big ass bug next to it?

1 Like

I think it was a carpenter and that had been trapped in a spider web.

Btw. Since the last application of neem the leafhoppers have found other homes.

4 Likes

@Drinkslinger Nice. There are thousands of grasshoppers right outside my door. When I take my dogs out and walk through the grass they jump in every direction. I used to think it was cool. However I caught one trying to hitch a ride on me into the grow area today and it wasn’t so awesome anymore.

1 Like

I’m starting to get paranoid about “hitch hikers”.
I’ve been battling aphids indoors this year. Last year it was thrips and wpm.
I’m about to build a “clean room” before entering my grow room.

On a side note. I’ve put Indoor clones that were riddled with aphids outdoors for a week. Boom. Aphids gone. Mother Nature :+1:

For the indoor ones, ladybugs are slowly cleaning them out.

5 Likes

I’ve got neem oil, cap’n jacks, DE and mosquito bits. I used the bits in my watering last week. I hate using DE because it gets everywhere. But I’m not afraid to break it out if I have to. lol

1 Like

I found I had to maintain a program whether I saw pests or not. Alternating Captain Jack’s and Safer, using peroxide as needed, then keeping RH under 50% at night and they do fine.

3 Likes