My Penthouse Girls. (No, not that Penthouse)

@Drinkslinger Nice. There are thousands of grasshoppers right outside my door. When I take my dogs out and walk through the grass they jump in every direction. I used to think it was cool. However I caught one trying to hitch a ride on me into the grow area today and it wasn’t so awesome anymore.

1 Like

I’m starting to get paranoid about “hitch hikers”.
I’ve been battling aphids indoors this year. Last year it was thrips and wpm.
I’m about to build a “clean room” before entering my grow room.

On a side note. I’ve put Indoor clones that were riddled with aphids outdoors for a week. Boom. Aphids gone. Mother Nature :+1:

For the indoor ones, ladybugs are slowly cleaning them out.

5 Likes

I’ve got neem oil, cap’n jacks, DE and mosquito bits. I used the bits in my watering last week. I hate using DE because it gets everywhere. But I’m not afraid to break it out if I have to. lol

1 Like

I found I had to maintain a program whether I saw pests or not. Alternating Captain Jack’s and Safer, using peroxide as needed, then keeping RH under 50% at night and they do fine.

3 Likes

I’ve been trying to cut down on any “sprays”. I’ve even cut back on neem. I’m moving a bunch of potted lemon balm up to the “penthouse” this week. Let’s see if it helps keep them creepy crawlies away.

3 Likes

Definitely not a bad policy. I’ve quit using Neem oil entirely.

3 Likes

Aphids got me this past grow… had to put about 25% of my bud through a wash and ended up just making brownies with em…

New tent in a new grow room now. :love_you_gesture:t3::sunglasses:

I wash all my bud in h2o2/h20, regardless. It gets all the dust, insect poop, or whatever off. One less thing I’m inhaling :grin:

2 Likes

The day has come.
Both plants are where I’m going to put them at Day 1 flowering. Not that it really matters.
LSD

Zkittlez

They’ve gotten a bit taller than expected. In a few weeks when I install the roof I’m going to have to mcgyver more height.

We had a pretty big storm rip through last week. Even with the wind breaks, I came home to find them almost bent over. Lots of scrambling to tie them up at 1am in a hurricane :joy:
The LSD lost a branch, but she seems to have recovered well.

I’ve been giving them a light feed (less than 600ppm for the past couple weeks).

Since it’s beginning flowering it’s also time for the last spray down with neem.
So far it’s been a smooth trip.

6 Likes

Looking beautiful!!

Love their shape. Can’t wait to see them bud up!!

1 Like

Me too.

As for the shape. Totally as nature intended, except I did fim once.

1 Like

The sun is setting and the stretch is on.

LSD on the left is 45/55 indica/Sativa so I’m expecting a little stretch. The Zkittlez on the right is 80/20, so I’m expect even less.

6 Likes

@Drinkslinger. Plants look great brother.
Won’t be long and there’ll be colas swaying in the breeze. :pray:
:v::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Thanks.
The “hard” part will be the next 2 months. Fingers crossed for a dry fall.

3 Likes

I’m in the same boat. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:
Toes too. :grin::v:

1 Like

That’s always the worry isn’t it? Looking good!

4 Likes

That’s going to be a lot of weed to smoke!

1 Like

I’ll do my best

4 Likes

After several cool days of non stop rain, nightly lows in the 40’s, and taking a look at my extended forecast, I decided it’s time for the roof.

I had to add some height to it this year. That’s not a bad thing.

The lsd on the left still has a lean to it after the storm. I had to string her up a bit.

I’m debating a preemptive dousing of JMS stylet oil. To try and stave off wpm and my nemesis, botrytis.

I’ve been ramping up the nutes a bit with a full strength feed planned in the next few days.

6 Likes

@Drinkslinger top knotch setup, looks fantastic, plants are progressing wonderfully

2 Likes