My past harvest questions

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. When I first began growing I went by pistils rather than by trichomes. I have shaky hands and it is quite difficult to get a good eye on them. I can hold still long enough now to check them, but not very long. I can usually check a cola or 2 at a time. The first few harvest were probably 70/30 or so cloudy/clear maybe a few here and there amber. I know you want mostly clody and as little clear as possible. I still go by the pistils mostly and check the trichomes still, but I’ve always wondered is there a tell-tale sign of a peak harvest without looking at the trichomes? I know the pistils csn be an indicstor that they are in the window, but is there one for peak time? I need to figure out a way to either get a stand of some sort or get a new microscope that hooks up to either my phone or laptop with said stand for better shots.
I did have a plant that started to burst the calyx’s open. As if they were busting and the seams.

8 Likes

I also have shaky hands and find it impossible to check the trichomes. What I do is take a lot of pictures with my phone and a clip on microscope. Then I can look at the pics later on my phone. I find this to be the only and best way to check this trichs. This is the microscope I use:

And here is a link to my grow where you can see the pics of my trichs:

8 Likes

I have the same one works great

4 Likes

I’ll have to check it out guys :+1::v:

4 Likes

Thanks y’all that thing is awesome :+1::v:

1 Like