My own little jungle , 1st indoor :P

See if you can find the test kits that use the drops instead of the test strips.

You will also need pH up and down.

When you say ground water do you mean well water, water from a spring or a pond?

pH kits can be purchased from pet stores that sell fish as well. @beginner2d

Here are some examples

Apera pH Meter

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ENFOHN8/ref=ox_sc_mini_detail?tag=greenrel-20

ph and tds meters

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IEJOI9S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?tag=greenrel-20

ph meter only

https://www.amazon.com/Hydroponic-Nutrient-Calibration-Solution-Included/dp/B00PECAQ12/ref=sr_1_6?tag=greenrel-20

ph up & Down

2 Likes

@bob31, you think some lime in the media will help with getting that ph stabilized some?

1 Like

I’m no chemist but this seems to be a good article about ph

2 Likes

That explains a lot! I’ve never known why specifically Dolomite lime was so effective, just had recommended to me years ago. Ever since I add a few tbsp per gallon to my soil prior to planting. I’ve often wondered if I could get away without adjusting ph at all with it, but never really had the balls to try it.

2 Likes

Glad I could be of help even if I don’t totally understand it all :blush:

3 Likes

Thankx . Ofcourse potato =) - pff im such a stonehead. I used potatos last year to catch fungus gnats larvae in soil outdoor. And its natural ph lowerwe. Thankyou weeery much.

2 Likes

I use dolomite lime to raise ph. But must mix with warm water and nutes. Then dissolve in water =)

1 Like

I use dolomite lime. But my ph is off even before that. I only use nutes

I have soil premixed 6,5ph and add veg nute only which must lower ph and i get readings 7 and little over. Uhh… is this one time if i let my girls go very thirsty mean some changes to ph…

1 Like

@beginner2d I don’t follow what you are saying here? What is 6.5 and where are you measuring and getting 7 and more?

Also can you answer my question about your water?

1 Like

Hmm, i dont know that word. I describe to you. I have deep well. 75feet deep. No filters anywhere. Deep ground water. Understand me? No :roll_eyes: :grin:

1 Like

I got my ph to 6’5 - 7,burnt tips are fade away,BUT, leaves stems are progress of purplin

1 Like

What is the pH of your water coming out of the plant?

2 Likes

I cant make it to visit this motafaka shop. Grrr… but my youngsters feel well now. All bad symptoms are gone. Yesterday i nute half dose what label say! 5ml/10L

No yellowing, no burt tips, well canopy fill. Im pleased.
But now is too much humidity, bc they soooo bushy. But theyre very low

3 Likes

Add another fan. You want every leaf to “dance”. If you have to, then you can remove a leaf or 2 to help with air flow.

3 Likes

New positsion. Lamps and plants ,both. Before they are 115x80 cm(10foot2) ,now they take 13 squarefoot. And my actual wattage is 540 ,'is 40w per squarefeet enough flowering stage?

5 Likes

@beginner2d it is enough, the more you have the better but you are in a better place then before. It looks very good now.

2 Likes

What a grazy last days have been. I was fight with 60%RH in grow room, outside weather was 95%RH and all moisture was coming inside too. Ok i fought every way i can, moving vent, heater on/off, exhaust and income changes, nothing. and finaly bad weather end and cold front came in my city, jeej, i know this air is not so humid. Ok then i open middle door that way cold air can come in and dehumify the room where my growbox are in. And exhaust is in my grow room, thats way i get overnight 35RH. :+1: but this night is cold night and only day when my space heater can go to vacation is that cold night . Next day morning i can exaxtly see cold air trail. My luck was NORTHEN LIGHT was in trail of cold and unluckly BLUEBERRY. NL takes cold better. Ok thats that. 35RH life is just cool and im happy but today with same tehnique 2 fans on and little open middle door and only 2x600 w Leds on, there are 29°C’
I cant crack yet this equation with temp and rh. And in my growroom wery much depend what weather is outside. Ohhh.
But one AMNESIA do that after all that humidity down, temp down and temp up mess.

Yellowing overnight.
And that green /yellow mix up? Only one AMnesia.

Blueberry cold damage
Northen Lights are little further than others.

3 Likes

HahA. Now i gain this

1 Like

@beginner2d they are so much happier looking now. You are doing a great job on your girls.

1 Like

Fattening up like …

I dont have budget to buy ttd and water ph reader and ph up/down , but next grow im fully equipped. Now i have little rainbow here
Little nute overdo
Yesterday i flush that one. Today feels better.

2 Likes