My OG Kush plant has no smell

A question of a fellow grower:
My plant is a week or two away from harvest. It is an autoflower OG Kush and it has no smell to it what so ever. When I bury my nose into it, it smells like grass. Is this a normal theme or did I mess up along the way somehow?

2 Likes

Did it ever have an odor? My experience is the plant is stinky one day and not on the next. It is possible something is wrong but generally the cure will develop the final flavor profile.

Don’t give up on it. It’s not unusual.

It had an odor until it started to flower then the smell went away and now it has the smell of grass n outdoors not of a pot plant. I haven’t given up on it. Very cuerious if it’s the norm of the stran or if I messed up somewhere along the way

1 Like

We don’t have enough information to be able to say one way or another. How about we start with a Support Ticket: please be as complete as possible. If you are using soil; tell us WHAT soil lol. What PH meter you use? Environmental conditions. Nutrients/supplements used etc.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum!

It is an autoflower OG kush. It is 100% grown is soil called potters gold (supporting local). Not sure of the brand for the PH testing but keep my PH around 6.4-6.7. light cycle is on 12/12 it started at 18/6. The humidity stays around 50% the high temp reached during the day is 78 the low is 69. I’ve used a nutrient called grow and bloom as well as a powder called critical mass to help bud size. It is an indoor setup and I have the water runoff into the bottom of the tent into a bucket then dispose of. They are seeds ordered from this site.

1 Like

Can you tell me the size of your tent, age of the plant, wattage of your light (I’m assuming HPS), what your TDS of nutrients is when feeding, etc.

50% RH is high and likely needs to come down to make it to harvest. Bud rot is nasty. Temps should be 70 to 85F and late flower RH around 25%.

Really I think you will see the smell come back.

The size of the tent is 4x4x6.5 the nutrients are used once every 8-9 days and I do 1tablespoon per gallon of water. The light is a 600W HPS with an amp . I also have a strong fan to help keep the circulating of the air to help with the temp.thw plant has been in flower for almost 2 months now. I did switch from a low grade 125 watt light to the 600. Would that have anything to do with the smell? Also I have alot of hairs but i am not seeing any actual buds forming yet. I started the germination at the end of November

Their losely formed but are very airy

I had the same issue with an auto i grow last year i was running my auto on a 12/12 cycle and a friend of mine told me to leave them on a 18/6 im new to the autos but how he explained it to me is thay need more light than a photo does during the day and it wont grow to it full potential and since iv swiched 2 18/6 i havent had that issue since

I’ve noticed the smells stronger right before or at lights on, before the terpenes cook off.

Genetics can result in a plant that doesn’t smell. A deficiency or minimal amount of potassium and phosphorus can result in very little smell.

The buds should be coated in sticky resin, and that should smell when rubbed. Does the plant have resin? Does it smell when rubbed?

1 Like

How did it turn out?