My NON AUTOFLOWER plants are already flowering & some are only 8” tall!

Speaking of autos; if I have to replant, should I plant autos? If so, anything special I need to know?

Or, can I just plant regular seeds? Gotta do it today & the fastest way!

This is what I’m thinking as to why this time but not before: The trees and undergrowth have gotten larger and branched out more since last time and is blocking more light than before. I’m having to constantly prune my trees monthly. You don’t realize how quickly they grow until you have to keep them cleaned up.

Good idea, however my husband actually enlarged it this winter & cut down more around it, making it more open than ever.

Thanks, though. Any ideas are welcome!

Not exactly, a 2 foot tall or 3 foot plant may double in size but a 10 foot plant wont. They usually add a foot or 2 in stretch. Its relative to the size of plant and to some extent the genetics.

So heres the thing… autos will trip to flower when yheir genetics say so… some do it really fast like in 6 weeks or so from sprouting, others not so quick… but nothing you do will change that. Photos will flower as soon as they show sex if you reduce the hours of light they recieve to around 12 hours a day. And the truth is that the amount of total darkness is more important with outdoor. Remember that a day is made up of night… dawn, daytime and dusk followed by night again. Photo plants see dawn and dusk as day time to an extent… because photo plants have a light threshold after which they can wake up… on the other end of sundown is dusk… this also extends the photoperiod by 45 minutes to an hour. Then we have dark… its this period that matters most to us. When you have 12 hours of this your plants will flip. So knowing this a black tarp over you plant during summer will keep the night artificially shorter. When you do this, the photo grower can not only ensure his or her plants will finish before winter sets in but can also take advantage of the summer sun… more intense lighting, higher radiation. I dont do this but it is common in the commercial pot industry and is known as light deprivation. Using this technique yiu can olant later and still get plants to flower albeit smaller plants.

1 Like

Interesting, however the garden is a little large for a tarp & no electricity without a lot of lonnng wires. (in the woods)
I do understand the process.

It still doesn’t make any sense that it happened this year and never happened before. I did NOT change the lighting when transplanted. The small pots & the plants are in the same place as the garden. NO difference…and, it’s the same as before…so, with all the information, it still doesn’t change the fact that it’s never done it & the conditions are the SAME as always.

I still don’t have a good answer as to WHY. (I’m a stickler for that :wink:).

Yes your correct, I was thinking of normal size flower flip.

this year is a VERY WEIRD YEAR, I live in Redondo Beach California roughly a mile from my front door to the ocean. I have been growing here for 20 + years and this is the first year that this weather has affected the grow, I don’t have any Autos… I start in February, you know starting in the little red cups, moved outside in the shade during the day, bring them in at night until they can be left outside in full sun light. Everything was going great oh, come on here and start reading complaint comments about wow my plants only 2 ft tall it’s March and it’s showing signs of budding. I thought no you don’t know what you’re talkin about seriously it’s already budding? Then I pulled my foot out of my butt and thought cuz you better go check yours. Well damn I go out there it is probably 3 ft tall if that and it was showing signs of budding, I was baffled thinking wait this isn’t even up to my thigh yet and this group is Buddy? It is this weird weird weather one day it’s super hot the next day it’s a little cooler the next day it’s raining the whole next week it’s overcast and cold and then we get the sun coming out beautiful hot sun comment it’s light it’s dark it’s light it’s dark LOL well you know the rest of that joke well it’s not good for the plants I only had one that ended up budding quite early but she’s still budding growing snowing just outrageously great this has been a widespread complaint from what I’m reading several people are getting fees early flowering plants

1 Like

Unfortunately, my update isn’t as good. I do have some plants that look like they’re going to be fairly normal.
Others are growing, and don’t have many little flowers on the outer stems, but have little buds growing up the main stem…
One, has the ‘buds’ actually growing bud-like, not just little flowers.

and,……when I transplanted the 10 new ones from the starter cups to the larger pots, four looked so bad I was going to pull them. They don’t even resemble cannabis plants & one was barely over a foot tall! One had broken on the main stem while I was trying to clean up a bud area…(it’s a mess). It was only about 1 1/2 feet. I did pull those two, but my husband talked me into leaving the other two to see what they’d do……even though I’m the one who’s researched it…on FOUR forums.

I found a lot of folks who say the plants “use themselves up” & die.
Well, yesterday when I went out there, one of the four I had wanted to pull up was well on its way. The middle of it was rotten and the leaves and buds were as rotten as old spinach……just yuck.

I took photos of it after I had cleaned up some of the messy stuff in the middle & the close-up even looks like webbing, but I couldn’t see any. …sure looks like it.

1 Like

@Sholleman Agter reading through all the responses and possible reasons I must admit I’m kinda floored no one is mentioning the solar minimum. When you consider the previous grows you’ve had….did you research and learn yourself about sunlight before trying to utilize it? (I am not being condescending)….I must say the first and foremost piece of information I needed to know was sunlight: indirect and direct effects….this ultimately was what helped me decide as to where to put my plants…any shade, some shade or none at all. Knowing that sunlight is cyclical and is stronger or weaker based on like 30-50 year cycles…we can then realize what how when where and why we aren’t seeing the same results in 13 1/2 hours of sunlight in central Texas……I say all of this because I too started seeds outdoors (random bag seeds) one is almost 3 feet tall and is in it’s like 3rd or 4th week of flower (I’m in central Kansas so I understand your frustration)….however…knowing what I believe to be correct about wearing sunlight atmosphere etc…you prolly shocked the living shit out of em somehow sometime in the middle of them trying to just grow…:man_shrugging:t2:….it’s an effin bummer homie I wish I could help ya more. Keep your head up

1 Like

Interesting thought. After all of this, I’d almost believe anything…or not. Now, for some reason—- I think they’ve changed the forum. Now that I’m answering your post, I can no longer see it….
Oh, let me look on my desktop…Ok. Better.

No, I must say, I do not get that specific in what I do, but thank you. I have way too much to do to look up 30-50 year cycles! Whew. Do you do that for a living or do you just have a lot of time on your hands to learn all of this. It’s interesting, for sure. I’m also a housewife who has to clean the house; No children…so have time there; but, I’m very ill & disabled, so having 31 plants had to add 10 new ones to make up for the ones that are going to die, it’s a bit much for me; …and, yes, it’s a bummer for sure!

But, one thing you said……nothing I can think of could have shocked them. I’ve posted on four forums, so I’d have to read through it, but pretty sure I mentioned that I put the seed trays out where the garden is from the start - just for the reason that they wouldn’t be shocked when transplanted to larger pots. So, when they were transplanted, the furthest any got moved was maybe 10 feet. They’re in an opening in the woods & get less sunlight than I would like, but it’s the best we can do here. But, it’s pretty much the same amount of time every day for each part of the garden. If I had moved them, it would be an easy thing to figure out!

Thanks for your ideas & information. Curious what will happen next year. One thing I’ve heard several times is to plant a little later & I’ll do that. I notice I harvest in September when they say they’ll be ready in October, so waiting will be just fine.

Let me start by apologizing. I do not in anyway think people need to do research about the solar cycles. I have studied a few different things in my adulthood and it’s led me (to a degree) of understanding them in such a way that I felt it necessary to mention them as (what may be) a possibility in regards to solving your problem…that’s all :blush::+1:t2: As far as shocking them….this can happen with a lot of different variables and they (in most times) require a rather harsh condition or change suddenly…which isn’t something that you’ve described in ALL this so it truly is mind boggling (to me at least)…sorry I couldn’t help ya further but hopefully it’s just a lighting issue (which is really what I was hoping to make ya think about anyways :rofl:)

1 Like

Thanks for trying. I really appreciate it. This has been the most mind boggling thing that’s happened to me since I started growing. I sure hope it doesn’t happen again. I can see I’m going to lose at least half of the original plants & the ones that look close to ‘normal’, I dunno :woman_shrugging:. Time will tell. I’ll try to remember to post as they go as I’ve seen others mention it’s happened to them, too & all over the US & other areas, too.
Good luck to you! & thanks again. Maybe talk to you again.

1 Like

Can always click my profile pic and find my link to my grow and join me on my journey also :sunglasses::+1:t2:

2 Likes