My new setup what do you think

i posted in the wrong place some how , but ill post the final pictures of my water fall version.

yes i have a pump in the one pumping into the cooler then to the main plant box. Probably 18 gallons total

4 Likes

@Onelow51 thats an interesting idea with the traps are you trying to keep water flow with a good bit of root mass? Do you have a cover on the reservoir normally? I tend to have problems with algae when the water gets exposed to light.

One thing for sure the girl in the bucket looks happy.

Yeah i put the top on the rez after i took the pic. The trap idea is so the plant box never gets low just the rez. In the plant box ill later put a screen or something to block the roots but i really dont think i should have a problem. The last few ive grown the roots mainly went down below the plant. We will see

1 Like

That’s a good idea and want to share with a couple of other hydro growers, although different techniques being used: still good info.

@Bogleg @peachfuzz @TDubWilly @Grandaddy013

Pretty slick idea with the trap to keep plant rez at level even when main rez is low.

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410 yeah i seen other ideas but all the buckets are connected at the same level as the rez. Cool you have 4 or 8 buckets and a rez, so effectively you have a lot of water but if you have 4 to 8 thirsty plants they are all going to go down. This way it stays full 100% of the time. And even if you have 4 or 8 buckets on this system as long as the rez has the trap and is large enough the plants will never go low. I got the idea from PA Hydroponics, the owner Gary… he has a few videos on making it.

1 Like

I saw you had this in another post. Confused me the way it was worded there lol

Now I get it !!!

Great idea !!

Some how i put it in another thread. :face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Interesting! Set to watch, gonna tag a long for this one.

1 Like

haven’t posted a pic or taken one in a bit. The water has definitely gone down in the res but the plant box is still on the full mark…

2 Likes

Is that wire loom around the lip between the pot and lid? Is it letting any light leak in? If so you might end up with algae issues.

@ItsPat ill check. Thanks for the 2nd set of eyes . :+1:

1 Like

i did a water change and taped up around the top to keep the light out. . And i have been giving her a break on the light during the night. (6h or 8h off) and she got a little bigger…

1 Like

3 Likes

Is this looking like a Auto??? Im not sure …

Definitely not a pro. But unless you changed your light pattern to 12/12… I’d say she’s flowering as an auto

I did change the lights to 6 hours off 18 on, just to give her a break, if shes flowering then I’ll click it 12 / 12 and crank them up to see what happens. I have more seeds and GDP is next…

To my knowledge you don’t have to do anything with your lights with autos. Leave them at 18/6… especially if you have others still in veg

1 Like

Cool, its not supposed to be a auto , but ill roll with it…

I’ve had some of my photo seeds do this. But the buds never started maturing till I get it 12/12. She is what 3-4 weeks? How many more you planning for veg? I tend to flip when they are 14-18" tall

1 Like

One in the tent at the moment, trying the new system out.