My New Indoor Grow Cave

It’s late, and you have a lot of drawings lol. But they look good from here.

@dbrn32, @NeoGroR finally got my last shipment. The driver and led strips.

Picked up my machine screws and found my spool of wire that was for some reason in the box with my failed drip line project. Guess i thought i would need wire for the next pluming job. Lol.

Gone cook some cow then somke some flower and build a light.

2 Likes

Ok here we go iv got the frame built. I added a piece of angle stock for mounting the wire box and other stuff.

The heat tape is on the led boards. Small break to give daughter her bath ten back at it.

1 Like

Got my power board done. There wl be two drivers on each board when all lights are finished

Now on too wiring the led strips

1 Like

@dbrn32, @NeoGroR, @Covertgrower, @Bulldognuts, @Drinkslinger, @Hellraiser

Strips are on.

5 Likes

Excellent!

Looking good :+1:

Ok @dbrn32, i could use some help if you have time i dont want to wire this wrong and i keep looking at it and i keep second guesing my self. Here is what ibhave so far.

This is the ac side

This is the dc side

4 Likes

i dont know why they are all upside-down

@dbrn32

I had to switch to my computer, it is to hard to do this from phone. I am using a standard extinction cord with black/white/green wires. The cord from the DC side of the driver will terminate with a female plug end and the light itself will start with a Male style plug end from there going to the junction box and out to the led strips.

1 Like

2 Likes

The brown wire labeled acl (ac line) does to black on your power cord. The blue wire labeled acn (ac neutral) goes to white on your power cord. Green/yellow goes to green on your power cord.

On the DC side you should have DC positive split into two leads. One will go to positive on set of strips, the other lead goes to positive on the other set of strips. Then you need to split negative as well and run one to negative on each set of boards.

Does that make sense?

This right here looks like power cord going to dc side of driver. That’s no good

2 Likes

Where did you get your aluminum stock for this project?

The heat sinks came from heatsink usa. And the frame came from Grainger.com. they have locations everywhere in USA.

1 Like

Sorry is was late last night and i fell asleep on couch right after i posted pics.

Ok. I think i get what you are saying. I do better with pictures and drawings. I will throw somthing together and post to see if i have it right.

@dbrn32
It is hard to tell but in the photo above the line from the DC side to the driver goes to a third junction box and that is where I split the DC+ and the DC-. From there it goes out to the LED strips. 2 sets of 3 wires parallel.

1 Like

OK. Didn’t realize you were using so cord to do that.

1 Like

its all good, I just wanted to double check before I plugged it in, I don’t want to blow out my boards if it is wrong

1 Like