My new adventure

I should have started a journal. But here is my first attempt at a scrog. I was going to only have 2 plants. Then wife had a bright I idea let’s see if we can clone off one of our plants. The one in the middle in the back looks like it survived our first clone attempt. Then some one gave my wife a clone the leaves were terrible looked like nutes burn to me. It was in a solo cup I decided to start with flushing it the first run off was 4.9 PH. I kept flushing it finally got it to 5.9 PH run off. Let it go for a week or so cut all the damaged leaves off and transplanted a week later. Now plant number 4. Then wife said let’s try another one of the super Skunk seeds. Now plant 5. Lol Well it looks like most of the other super Skunk seeds from that batch looks like another ABC plant. But besides all that how does it look am I going on the right direction? I now it maybe be a little difficult with multiple strains but I’m all in now. :grin:

6 Likes

Looks good from here! Nice work :slight_smile:

Welcome!
They are looking good! How old are they?
The growth rates will be fun!
I’m just on my first grow as well. I started with 3 clones, topped them and put them back in to veg (just topped those today). My height challenge comes from two different training methods.
You will probably find it best to top yours to help even out the height and increase quality colas in the net.
Best of luck!!! :v: :evergreen_tree:

They have all been topped. They are 35 days now. I will wait till they all hit the screen before I flip the lights. Hope this is right. The 2 clones are only 21 days so they are lagging a little behind. Thank you for your input. @Budz420 @Zee

4 Likes

The clones are starting to catch up now. The one on the lower left looks like another ABC plant probably end up pulling it. Im still trying to nurse the other ABC at least get a bowl full of smokable stuff. But I’m not ready for another one. :thinking:

1 Like

Day 45 moving right along.

2 Likes

I put the ABC plant outside it will either live or die. The rest are moving right along. The 2 in the back are from seed, 2 in the front are clones about 2 weeks behind the seeds but they are catching up.

1 Like

About 4 weeks into veg. I wanted to add not only is my first scrog but also my first try with the autopot and smart pots. My own soil mix I did buy some Coco Coir , perilite and michorize everything else is from my land. I have watered only no nutes and I haven’t checked pH, ppm or ec. I really want to know if you can grow quality buds from proper soil with no nutes added. I’m going to let it veg a little longer than usual to see if yield is increased was thinking a 90 day veg. Anyways this is a complete new experimant. This site is so helpful and great people here.

@Zee @Budz420 @Dman1969 @Hellraiser @PurpNGold74 @KeystoneCops @kellydans

6 Likes

You have a great plan Brother!! I normally veg for 90 days. This time I went a little over 2 months. Next grow I will go back to my normal way! :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Thanks for the tag , plants look great ,yes you can grow quality buds without adding nutes as long as your soil has in it to hit all of the NPK needs for the plants. Longer veg should definitely increase yield. @garrigan62 can’t share input on mixing your own soil. Good luck👍

2 Likes

Looking good! While I’m not a SCROG expert, I’ve found it’s better to bring in the net once you start flower. Or, and maybe this is preferable, you can start a SCROG in veg but add a second layer once you initiate flower.

It’s unusual to train multiple plants to the same net. You’ll decide for yourself whether it’s more trouble than it’s worth. There are rigid grids with stakes designed for your situation, FYI.

Excited to watch these flourish!

Can you share a rundown of the setup? Light, tent, vent, etc?

3 Likes

Get after it Mech!! You got my support.

1 Like

@KeystoneCops thanks for the info. My first scrog wasn’t sure when to start the net for sure. I have the net at 24 inches, have already started tying them down.
My setup
4x4 x 80 tent
HLG650R light
4" in 6" out for fans and right now I have 2 6 inch clip on fans inside the tent.
5 gal smart pots
Homeade compost it seemed really dense so I went with 10% Coco Coir, 15 percent perilite to loosen it up a bit.

1 Like

Thanks @

1 Like

That is all coming along really well! 90 day veg will definitely give you some weight!
I had my girls in veg for about 60 days trained down and I can just fit two across without clash - JUST…
My girls have just woken up so I’ll get a shot - pretty busy!
My screen goes on a week or so. I want to get some of the stretch in flower out of the way before I start trying to manoeuvre them into their own square - that’s only 144 squares… (hopefully lol).
I have the 3 big girls and 3 smaller clones together taking a quarter each - hopefully!
Planning for success! :rofl: :v:

1 Like

This is 60 days veg. :+1:

3 Likes

Looks like things are moving along pretty good just hope the lsd is a girl. Got the seed out of a bag of weed my wife bought. LOL :grin:

2 Likes

I hope so to, especially being in the net! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah my first time and didn’t know when to put the net up. So I put it at 24" and they got to it pretty fast.

1 Like

They still look good. Hoping my net work helps keep them low but with lots of buds. It’s a learning curve and the people on this site are wonderful help.

3 Likes