My little plant is still quite young. Just about 5 inches tall on a spindly stem

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

Hi,
My little plant is still quite young. Just about 5 inches tall on a spindly stem. I was told I should put it on earth up to the first leaves.
Is this true?

Are you transplanting into the permanent home?

If the stem is long and thin, you probably need more light. They’ll stretch out to reach for the light if it’s not intense enough. A light breeze to cause the plant to just wiggle will strengthen the stems. When you transplant you can bury the stem up to just below the bottom leaves, and it will actually grow new roots out of the stem. I wouldn’t go all the way up to the leaves. They shouldn’t lay in the soil.

You should join the forum, and tell us more about your setup. We love pics! There’s tons of information and helpful people here. Welcome! Don’t be afraid to ask questions. The only stupid one is the one you don’t ask! :v: :slight_smile:

Hey this is Sour diesel auto. I’ve fucked this one, I guess. First time growing in Coco, without soil. In the mix is perlite, Coco& vermiculite. After a certain point it’s leaves start to turn whitish. She’s 15 days.
IMG_20190605_182151313_HDR|666x500