My lights or not my lights, that is my question?

Hah - I think from now on I am going to cut off the bottom of the 2" net pot before I put the rooter in it… that way I can remove it before I put her in the 4" or 6" net pots.

2 Likes

I am listening to you guys. i have a vihimai 1000watt full spectrum veg and flower led and a unmarked 1200watt full spectrum led. I now have them at 24". My grow space is my extra bedroom. I have watered down my nutes to 1050ppm. thanks for all the help!! As for the “pot-in-the cup” I wish i was growing hydroponics? Good stuff!

1 Like

You could do hydro. Some like it better than soil.
You just have to be able to spend a lot more time keeping an eye on things and keep the temps down. The yields will be bigger for sure if you do it right verses soil with the same lights. I just like the taste of soil grown better even though I do mostly edible because of the pain I live with. Still like a bowl every now and then @mfrsttime

I live with neck pain from accident and then surgery. i have heard soil makes it taste better. I will keep it simple and stay with soil.I have ac in the house so the room stays cool. my LED’s don’t give off much heat. Are edibles better for pain?@OldSkunk

For me edibles work well most of the time. I use pretty high doses 2 times a day and I keep the pain much better controlled than smoking for sure. Smoking mostly gives me a head high and I need a body high and high CBDs

@OldSkunk I need the body high to so i am growing bubba kush. Any of the indica strains will give you a body high and some are high in CBDs. Most of my seed stock is indica.I have OG kush,Blueberry, low rider, and more. I’m just waiting for their turn to shine!!:sunglasses: The sativa gives you the head high. I will try some brownies after harvest. I know you get a better high by eating it but i live in a stupid state, still illegal.Happy smoking!

northern lights,silver haze,thc bomb,northern storm auto,fem mix,fem mango,fen g-13, green crack, blueberryshort rider auto, og kush auto, this is my seed stash. My wife went nuts on me for buying all these seeds but heard they can be good for years if stored right.

1 Like

than yuo for your help,good bye!

Good luck dude. Just put the @ in front of our name if you have any more questions. There’s moderators like @garrigan62 and @Hogmaster to name a few that know just about anything you need to grow right. They are appreciated believe me.

Thanks @OldSkunk. I just put up my 1000watt led and my plants under it are showing signs of light burn or do i have a nute problem? I don’t have the right cord yet to download pics ,but leave are drooping and the tips are dying and turning crunchy. I’ve moved lights up and will see what happens. I put one outside and i guess the sun burned it up. Not having that good luck ,Will see if next grow is better. Maybe some auto flowers?

If you’re using a smartphone as your camera then you should be able to upload straight to the website from the phone.

Pics are really needed, but the rule of thumb for HEAT is “if you can keep the back of your hand under the light at canopy level for 30 seconds” BUT LED light can give a different sort of “burn” due to photon intensity overloading the plant if it’s too close. You’ll typically see this on the uppermost leaves and buds first as they start bleaching, then go into full “burn” mode thanks to the overload of photons.

So we really need pics to see what is going on.

Thanks for the info @anon35207245 . I really messed up so am too ashamed to show pics. Have some more Bubba kush some short ryder auto and some mixed fem seeds started. by time these get up can get pics then. I just hope all is good. Now have good ph tester and some ph up ,ph down. found out had been watering my girls with very acidic water. my bad or what? Moved lights and PHed my water.

The pH is probably what the browned and curled leaves were from. too close light and you’ll see almost white on the leaves and no curling. We have to see pictures to know for sure. I had pictures of both light burn and pH imbalance, but deleted them from my gallery because I figured I had learned those lessons from my screwups @mfrsttime.

thanks @OldSkunk i have moved my lights and have better way to check pH. Have brought in a few of my Bubba kush plants from outside. They are about the same size now so my tops are same height. thanks for all the input.

1 Like

Good luck. pH is probably the most critical thing about growing this stuff well. The plants just respond so much better when the pH is in balance @mfrsttime. You’ll see.:sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks @OldSkunk ! I use to grow outside back in my day. Grew some good stuff. Now i try inside and ; its lights, its soil, its pH of everything. Lights are too close then too far. I guess it will take a few (dozen) times for me to get it all right. I think this forum is great and i get help from good people. It’s all good!! and don’t for get (pot) smoke responsibly.

I use edibles for severe lower back pain, but I do like a bowlful of “pollen” once in a while @mfrsttime

3 Likes

nice! @OldSkunk once i get my harvest and cured at least a little i’ll order a press for my pollen. Do you order your edibles or make them yourself? I enjoyed a good smoke and will again!!:slight_smile: happy smoking.

1 Like

I make my own. I mostly use cannabutter and oil for cooking.

@OldSkunk, I’m going to try brownies then on to other recipes, as i get more info on other things. I now have 4 led lights with 4700 led watts. I hope i get a good harvest. Led’s are suppose to be energy savers, but my electric is up $100 dollars. I know if i was using HID lights it would be worse.:(… Happy toke’n… @mfrsttime.