My lights or not my lights, that is my question?

super short and bushy. I have one 1200 watt LED light for my room, ordered a 1000watt LED to add, and keep it about 17" from top of my plants. They are very short and have 6 nodes. The plants are super skunk and bubba kush. They are also growing very slow at least it seems to me. Overall they seem healthy. Why are they so short? Is my light to close or is it something else? Help me if i can be.:slightly_smiling_face:

First off; let’s have you fill out a support ticket. Just copy and paste into your reply and please be as complete as possible. For example: exactly what lights, what medium (soil and if so, what kind), how you PH your water, ambient temp and humidity etc. Just answering yes of no will be of limited help.

To create a grow support ticket we need some basic information to help diagnose the issue.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

If you can, upload a picture of your plant. It helps the diagnosis, if needed.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you :slight_smile:

The strains you are growing can lend themselves to being bushy and yes; lights can easily affect the height of the plant. Generally a low plant with tight node spacing is of benefit to indoor growers. But spectrum and intensity all play a role.

@Myfriendis410 is giving good advice on having you fill out a support ticket to let us know what you’re using for the Grow. I suspect that you have a 1200w led not 1200 watt LED. Same for the “1000 watt”. Depending on what space you have, 2200 actual watts is an incredible amount of heat. I’m guessing you probably only have 350 actual watts of light. For how many plants and how much room? They need a lot of good light to grow @mfrsttime

I am an older computer stupid person and don’t know how to copy/paste to my forum post.i’m using windows 7. please help!!!

Hi @mfrsttime, you can hit the blue reply button so a new box opens and then scroll to the text above that you want to copy. With your left button on your mouse click and hold it down dragging the pointer down highlighting the text. Once you remove you finger off the button a box will appear giving you the option to click on the copy box. Now on the post that you started just put the cursor where the text will go then right click and pick the paste option. Here’s a picture of what it should look like. Hope this helped.

I figured it out. Strain; super skunk and bubba kush

Soil in pots 30% peat moss 30% composted manure and humus 40%mg potting soil system type? I only have the simplest. A watering can.

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?i have only tested what i water with(ph 6) and the soil in my pots(ph7)

What is strength of nutrient mix? TDS 2463ppm.i hope i got this right.

Indoors in my new grow room, my spare bedroom:slightly_smiling_face:

Light system, size?Right now am using a 1200watt led, but plan to add a 1000watt led. i have an adjustable mount for the lights.

Temps; Day, NightMy babies are in an AC room set at 73degrees.

Humidity; Day, Nightright now i don’t have a way to check humidity, but i will soon.

Ventilation system;I have no ventilation now just the ceiling fan.

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, i have AC and i know it makes the air dry so i do put open pans of water in the room.

Co2; Yes, No No co2 for me. I have a few times use baking soda and vinegar to make co2. I hope this helps.

Thank you for your help ntmaremach:slightly_smiling_face:

Anytime you need help just put the @ before the name like this @mfrsttime. Once you click on the @ a box will appear where you can either pick a name showing or you can type in the name.

Okay, thanks @ntmaremach

@mfrsttime do you have a pH pen?

no @Usmcjojo , i have a fixed income so i have a sonkir 3 in 1 meter. It test light, moisture, and ph.I’m just starting at this so still just simple.

Yeah that’s not going to be useful to you I myself am on a fixed income. If you have Amazon you can pick one up for about 15 give or take. You need an accurate way to check pH. Imagine that your pot is like the actual ground outside. The only difference is the ground outside has different minerals that have been broken down over hundreds if not thousands of years. This allows the soil outside to buffer the water to a pH livable to the plants it supports. Your soil can not do that it is very young and man made. With time things start to decompose changing the acidity level of your soil. If you don’t monitor the pH you won’t be able to be the buffer for the plants. Your plants in soil need a pH between 6.3- 6.8 to survive anymore or less and your plants will begin to lock out nutrients causing a toxicity. Also your ppm is way too high between 400- 1200 depending on stage of life is what you want to shoot for. @mfrsttime

So the first thing to do would be to invest in a good PH meter. They are available through Amazon and run around $10 to $20. PH up and down along with Standard Reference solution. This will allow you to put in the correct PH for your plants. Very important.

The soil (thank you for the detail by the way) is probably way too hot for young plants. But it would be good to see how they are. Pictures will help too.

@Myfriendis410 Thanks for the info. I have order just that stuff. Will check my ph and adjust to 6.5 to 5.5… I just got my new 1000watt full spectrum led light, it has switches for veg or flower or both. thanks again.

I still hope i am doing the right thing with my lights. I don’t know how much closer i can put the 1000watt led to my girls. Should i put the lights together or separate them and by how much? can my lights light burn my plants? I know that hps or mh can light burn but can led’s?

What light specifically do you have and do you still have it at 17”? Also what size is your tent or space?

I would listen to @Usmcjojo. Your ppm at 2400 is way too high. I was using nutes with ppms that high on my first grow and stunted 3 plants. They never really recovered even after I flushed them thoroughly. I usually run 750-850 ppm in veg and 950-1200 ppm in flower. I have had a lot less nutes issues at those levels.

Very well said!

It’s been my (limited) experience that blurple LED panels create short plants with tight nodes if you put plants under them at seedlings and through veg:

You can see there (this was an autoflower) her first three nodes were pretty tightly compacted… she started stretching out at the 4th node (which is where I topped her).

nice @Bogleg destroying plastic cups with mmj should be a sport!!
maybe a new game?? lol