My leaves are doing the twist

hello all hope all are well. this is my first serious …(by that i mean to actualy grow to compleation.)grow, i have 6 green crack plant in soil, 1 is a mom that we use for clones, she is about 1.5 ft . 1 i topped… which it the problem child,she had 7 nodes b4 i clipped the top on her, and the rest are left to mn to grow. have 1000w mh 18/6 cycle about 24 inches above the plants. i try to keep them at 45-60% humitity and 88 though the temp has crept up to 90 but i usualy try to keep vigilent on temps n such. …im about to move the light down a bit…but i can keep sensitive skin above them (the plants) no prob. water every 3days and feed with nutes every 2 weeks(18-10-18 1/2 sol.).they are in 3 gal pots. they all were growing well… until i topped the one. she took it well…she has 6 nice …um stems? to form a flower, she repaired the gaping lol hole in her top. shes vegging and i think shes vegging excellently. but now shes starting to listen to chubby checker n doin da twist…and im the one thats gettin twisted. arugh…lol. when i water i use tap water, and i let it sit overnight hoping to evaporate any chlorline n stuff. the ph is at 6.5 for the water and nutes both (im kinda broke for now and been giving them my tomato plant food,). the soil…and im not too sure on how accurate it is but i stick the probe in n it says that the soil is a pH of 6.0-6.5. i have looked at her with a light n a microscope and saw no tiny spots…they arent discolored and when i touch them they are nice n firm not chrunchy or anything. but they look like i ironed them flat over each other… im besides my self here i just dont know what to do…i try to keep it methodical but nothing i try seems to help what do you guys think… please help thank you happy gardining my brothers n sisters. peace

sorry i forgot i had a few pics as well. hope you can see them…the first was wen she was topped

2 Likes

@nycmedic67. It might be a good idea to submit a Support Ticket. Everyone can then see what, when and where if you know what I mean. It’s easier to have all thin info up front rather than ask tons of questions. By the way. Are you working at one of the local ESD’s?

@nycmedic67 Here is a support ticket. Just add @bob31 to your ticket and he can help ya.

Save it to a notepad
COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA
Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:
Age from Sprout:
Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots:
How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?
PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:
What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:
Indoor or Outdoor:
Light system, size and height from plants:
Temps; Day, Night:
Humidity; Day, Night:
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:
Co2; Yes, No:
Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you
Also here is a Deficiencies & Excesses Chart to help you identify what is wrong with your plant

1 Like

@flyr oh AWESOME…thank you. yea that does kinda makes more sence huh…lol um esd? ,if you asking if im still active yes i am still current on my state but i dont work as a paramedic any more. if i knew id live this long i would have taken better care of my self…hahahahahaha

1 Like

@bob31 ok here it goes.

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:Green Crack (online place in ht mag.)

Age from Sprout:69 Days, bout 2.5 mts.

Soil in pots, miricle grow garden soil with perlite.
How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so? i water every 3 days. i usualy stick my finger in to the 3rd knuckle,
if its dry ill feel how heavy the pot is n guesstamate. ill usually give 1/4 amount of soil…ie 6 x 3 gal= 18g 1/4 of that=4.5g divided by all plants=.75 g.

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:water i use tap n let it sit over night.i pH it to 6.5 both water w/neuts and just plain water,
and i never thought to test the out pH. (thinking i solved the prob?)

What is strength of nutrient mix?im on a tight tight budget…im using jobes organic 5-4-3 the first feed when they had 3 nods was 1/2 strength.
1 tsp per g is how they say to dilute it.

Indoor or Outdoor:indoor in a bed room with 3 fans blowing trying to keep humidity at around 50-60%

Light system, size and height from plants: MH 1000w digital balest about 24 in from top of plant. (can hold hand above plants w/o being uncomfortable.

Temps; Day, Night:Day temps 84-90, night high 80s.

Humidity; Day, Night:Day humidity day time 50-60% night time high 40s

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:not a vent but i have a fan blowing twards the light and away from the plants,
one blowing gently on the plants…oscilating. and the celing fan for circulation.

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: Humidifyer…i live in a desert.

Co2; Yes, No:No

sorry im a little slow…but when that light bulb goes off…forgetaboutit…lol thank you again.

@nycmedic67. I too am a “P”. Still current and volunteer (3) 24’s a month as a floater. Good to see a fellow Paramedic. I’m close to telling everyone “No Mas para Mi” and I know what ya mean about the body going south. It’s my back and knees. Soon I’ll be able to partake some of my own handy work.

that’s pretty warm for a plant which prefers no higher than 78 and around a 10f swing between night and day a high in low 80’s is workable if you could shave a few degrees I suspect they would likely be happier :wink:

@Donaldj thank you friend. i have been trying to …im in a 12x10 room 3 fans one blowing in from the house which is at 70, leave it for an hour n the freeking temp was 96…i was freeking out. idk how im keeping it at this temp. i think im going to move the whole room to the garage…im almost done with vegging.

Pull cooler air in from an open window and push hot air outside

@nycmedic67 and lease remove the phone number not allowed to post personal info here on the forum sorry :neutral_face:
A quick read of the forum rules would help keep you from
Making any further infractions
Oh and hello from another Nyer :wink:
If you need any ventilation advice i got you also
Im a hvac out of nyc bro

1 Like

You da man @Countryboyjvd1971. Thanks for your help. I think air handling is one of the most difficult things we contend with. @nycmedic67, I ended up having to cut a hole in my ceiling to suck cooler air into my room. Opening a window could be the easiest remedy but I’m not sure you want to make that a permeant fix. It’s amazing how much heat these lights put out isn’t it? At least you were nearby to catch the temp. spike like that.

@Countryboyjvd1971 yea im a dumb arse…wasnt thinking…but worse things have happened…i guess…peace friend.

1 Like

@Flyr, yea i started to suck cool air nfrom the oppsite window n its helping. next grow i will be using a tent. easy to vent easy to maintain. thanks man…
peace

@Flyr i wish they had vollies by me…id join in a heart beat.

@ all i appologise for the momentary lapse in reason wount happen agen and thanks for haviong my back…everybodys back!

1 Like

all good @nycmedic67
As stated if you need anything let me know brother

1 Like

@nycmedic67, Honestly, I’m getting tired of the volunteer thing dude. Not only are the politics a constant issue and unnecessary, the constant legal worries start to wear on ya. I started the medic gig as a diver medic in 1995 overseas and the legal stuff really didn’t bother me. Now that I’m stateside, it’s a constant worry. You know the deal. Plus I can’t let loose and play. I float and sometimes get called to help other houses if they need a warm body. At least I no longer get called for nonmedical calls. Nymedic, not sure why you apologized or your sudden lapse in reason but if you’re like me that’s why I try to surround myself with cool ass people to keep me out of trouble. Have a great weekend amigo.

1 Like

@flry lol i thought ny vollies were full of politics…lol ah i might see if the amb co i last worked for has any teaching slots here. but either way no regrets! and enjoy your weekend n stay outta trouble…lol peace hermano!