My latest auto watering system

Look @Allinherhead up and on point this morn :muscle:
Mornin sir, thanks for that link, I have not run into these.
Now last night I wanted to ask about the double inlets. Now I gottaā€¦
What happens if you plug 1 inlet and just use 1? I would be fine with half moon working only. And thatā€™s great they come apart!
One last thingā€¦
After this run Iā€™m going to replace all my feed tubes as well. They are 20 sumthin yrs old and pretty hard. Howā€™s that green line working for ya? I bleed green so Im really digging yours. They silicon? They look soft.

1 Like

I think I wouldnā€™t hook up 1 half the fittings are really cheap and yes the tubing is soft even when cold. The one thing I learned is mentioned in this tag is all lines have to be same length. So the shortest run should still have the same amount of tubing as longest run

2 Likes

Yeah i read that last night and got me wondering if these are right for me.
I would definitely have to redo my supply line as well to be able to achieve that. No biggie, I think I can pull it of. Everything is ran internal on my system.

1 Like

You got it Growing on Brother! Flippā€™n killer set up, Iā€™m so envious :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Thanks, It was really easy to set up.

1 Like

Iā€™ll be picking your brain in the future on that if itā€™s cool? :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Anytime

1 Like

@MagicCultivator420 here is how i set up my rezā€™s and auto watering maybe its helpful

1 Like

@Allinherhead Thatā€™s an awesome set up, thanks for tagging me to it! That is something like what Iā€™m planning to do, but on a smaller scale since I have limited space to work with. Thanks for the anti-siphoning idea, might come in useful if the rez ends up being taller than where the drippers are located! Canā€™t express enough thanks! Keep up the amazing work! :smiley:

1 Like

Youre welcome to everything i know. ( youā€™ll find im not offering much lol)

1 Like

@Allinherhead Thanks for that, I appreciate it :slight_smile: Ah, youā€™ve already offered more help than you think. That anti-siphoning idea is brilliant, and I like your setup, will definitely be using it for inspiration and brainstorming! All help is great help to a newbie. Even the slightest idea could help more than you may think! Thanks again! :smiley:

2 Likes

About a year ago i posted what i thoughtt was stupid questions and the folks here were and continue to be awsome. Youll be one too

1 Like

Yeah, actually I do feel silly asking some of the questions I do, cause I know most of them are very noobish questions, and I worry A LOT about getting all this right, so I know I may come off as paranoid also (I have OCD as well to boot, so that really doesnā€™t help with me being anxious about everything). But despite all that, yeah, this community really was awesome with me, and Iā€™m really happy to be a member here. Just looking forward to getting my first successful grow under my belt, cause then most of it will become second nature then, and hopefully I can help out others in this wonderful hobby also :slight_smile: Thanks again for all your support :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A little ocd is probably good. Im sure it would have saved me from some costly mistakes. Such as instead of being a little paranoid and ocd and checking tents everyday i assumed its all good and didnt check for a few days and didnt realize that the gfci i have my feed pump plugged into had tripped so no water for 4 days and in coco thats not good. 3/4 of my grow has recovered somewhat but stunted so prolly get 1/4 the harvest i should have got. So maybe ocd/ anxious/ over cautious is better

2 Likes

Well, Iā€™m not going to say ocd is a complete curse, it does have itā€™s advantages sometimes, especially in a situation like you mentioned, 4 days without water in coco, the poor things :cry: but at the same time I wouldnā€™t want to come off as a complete paranoid maniac either you know, or annoy the community with every question that goes through my mind. There is just so much conflicting info on growing that itā€™s quite easy to wonder if Iā€™m actually doing everything right. Nonetheless, Iā€™m glad 3/4 of your crop recovered from something like that though! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dont worry about the questions, if you have one ask it. When im teaching i tell them " theyre all stupid questions but ask them anyway half the people in here probably wondering the same thing but afraid to ask. So be the brave one and ask. Everyone learns that way.
With weed ive found keep it simple. Too many beginners want to make their own blend of soils and start adding top dressings and teas. I say start simple coco so over watering isnt an issue one of the simple nutrient plans that dont require supplements and a good light. As a person grows a successful crop and the basics of lighting and watering requirements are understood then look at some secondary things like training and supplements. Also if you have questions hit the magnifying glass and search your topic its all good reading, look at the answers and look at the authors journal(s) their results will show if the answers theyre offering hold water or not. My issue taught me to not get too comfortable and check my grows 2x a day no matter what.i have a couple other threads under my profile. Ive been doing this only 1 year about and have 10 grows finished some failed some amazing youre welcome to look em up and learn from my mistakes

3 Likes

@warjunkey here is my watering system i can leave for a week if i want

@warjunkey if this is what youre referring to this tube serves as a vaccum breaker to stop the system from siphoning the resevoir after the pump stops

2 Likes

Thanks for this and for your support, I really appreciate it. Yeah most of them will seem like silly questions to a pro, but to a newbie (or someone that never did any form of gardening before) they really will be doing their head in!

Yeah, keeping it simple, and also automation are key elements to the growing process Iā€™m finding. Automating stuff will give you more time to focus on other things like training, and examing the plant. Agreed about coco, Iā€™m liking the fact that overwatering isnā€™t an issue, so I reckon itā€™s a good place for someone new to start from since over/underwatering are huge newbie mistakes from what Iā€™ve read. I know you suggested leaving training for the second grow onwards, but I had actually started with a manifold though as a traning technique. I read about risks of bud rot by having one big cola if the plant isnā€™t trained, and we live in a very humid country here (average is 80%+) so that worried me and I wanted to split it up (less mass gathered all at once will help it stay more dry). Oh yeah, definitely canā€™t get too comfortable and need to check at least daily if possible. Issues could just suddenly pop up. My plants were doing fine 5 days ago, next day, bam Iā€™m hit with a nute deficiency. Itā€™s amazing how fast these plants react to something (both good and bad). Issues could pop up in a day, but will also bounce back instantly if given the correct treatment/conditions. Dang, just 1 year? You look like youā€™ve got lots of experience and expertise in it for just a year! Thatā€™s awesome! I am really sorry to hear you had some failed grows though :frowning: that must have been so disheartening :frowning: I definitely will be checking out your journals, thanks once again for everything, youā€™ve really been great!

:point_up_2: words to live by