My Journal Started As One Thing And Went Off The Rails Continued

SCROG’ged the GL yesterday as she was 3" from the lights.

And a better shot of the sprouts.

And more avocadoes keep showing up. There’s at least 1,000 on each tree.

There’s like 9 right there.

Everywhere

17 Likes

Holy guacamole! Nice looking stuff, my friend! :+1:

2 Likes

Any squirrels running around and taking just one bite? They did that to my dad’s avocados in Florida … until he shot a few :blush:

1 Like

No squirrels: wood rats! They’re kinda cute with light gray fur and white bellies, but then there’s that tail, yuck.

2 Likes

I can loan you a pellet rifle :rofl:

3 Likes

A farm cat might help as well, great pictures and plants.

We have cats - only one that still hunts - and I own

https://www.amazon.com/Raticator-Rodent-Zapper-Humanely-Exterminates/dp/B009N8X52U?tag=greenrel-20

the Raticator, mine is several years old and takes 4 D batteries.

1 Like

Oh I’ve got two! And I’ve killed rats with them both lol. We have palm trees around us and it’s an ideal habitat for rats, I understand.

3 Likes

Cats like weed though…at least mine do lol

3 Likes

We got a squirrel with it once…

2 Likes

@SmoknGranny @Myfriendis410 @Daddy @Big123
I prefer the old fashioned fun of picking them off with a B.B. gun. Or pellets if you prefer @SmoknGranny. Makes for some entertainment. But I suppose the traps make do if you have a life. Lol.

5 Likes

The benign climate we live in hosts numerous fruit trees; from oranges to lemons and limes, apples, avocados, apricots etc. which in turn hosts numerous PESTS too haha! I was warned about rats when we bought the house as they nest in palm trees: I can see 5 in addition to the 3 in my own yard. They love the fruit; all of the above mentioned can be seen from my back yard or in it. In all of that time I’ve seen one Norway rat and hip shot him with my pellet rifle at about 10 feet (he was moving fast). The rest have been wood rats which are native to the area.

5 Likes

My little rifle shoots pellets or bbs :grin: Last time I HAD to use it the pellets worked better. I actually prefer using my little 22 pistol for small vermin extermination. :blush:

6 Likes

Sage advice for the day: if you shoot a skunk don’t miss! hahaha!

3 Likes

Ditto :+1: And DO NOT let your dog chase it :rofl:

2 Likes

I finally broke down and agreed to go fishing with my hunting partner yesterday. Rock cod on the days agenda. We ended up with a mixed bag of coppers, reds, ling cod, grass cod, cow cod, blues, blacks and yellows. 28 fish all up. Tough pick; we were over a bunch of different structure in 50 to 125 feet. I do like the shallow fishing as it’s perfect for lighter tackle.

Going back over this morning to fillet everything out after the fish chilled in ice over night.

Sauteed cod for dinner I think.

11 Likes

Nice brother!

1 Like

Nice catch!

1 Like

Fish pictures?

1 Like

I didn’t bother. I should have as the reds look really good but we’re all old and tired and want to go home. The motion of the boat torsioned the snot out of my back and all I wanted was to go home and smoke some Sour Diesel.

edit: I ended up smoking a crap ton of Gold Leaf and was comatose by 8:30 last night.

10 Likes

Update July 7, 2018:

The Gold Leaf: starting the flower nutes next week.

Sour D times 2, White Widow, Crystal, GSC-X and in front a GL clone

Caramelicious auto that @Not2SureYet gave me. Just starting to flower.

13 Likes