My Journal Started As One Thing And Went Off The Rails Continued

November 18 update. Girls in week 4 of flower, sunning the afternoon away.

20 Likes

wow wow wow

@Myfriendis410 I hope youve got some 5 gallon pails! hahaha

5 Likes

I second what @bob31 says. @Myfriendis410 maybe a few!

4 Likes

@Myfriendis410 ya Cali weather is soooo rough lol.

4 Likes

very beautiful @Myfriendis410

2 Likes

Week 4 of flower.

17 Likes

Check out all the powdered sugar!

19 Likes

@WillyJ, @Immortalized, @daz49, @70sChick, @Laurap, @Alton66, @Bogleg, @bob31, @bluntley420, @GreenThunder

3 Likes

@Willd, @Wishingilivedina420state, @Covertgrower, @Ronbowe63, @rodri59, @Medforme, @LV2GRW, @SmoknGranny, @DieHigh55, @Screwauger

3 Likes

Very nice @Myfriendis410 amazing development so far!!

1 Like

My plants are developing at a faster rate than I would prefer. The last grow was harvested during week 6 of flower and I would really like to run the full 65 days.

I could use some advice on why I seem to be experiencing an early finish. @garrigan62, @Donaldj, @bob31, @latewood, @MacGyverStoner

Here’s a support ticket so it’s fresh.

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA Gold Leaf SCROG, Gold Leaf supercropped, Jack Herer SCROG, all fems.

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco? Roots Organics coco

System type? Hand water daily

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? Haven’t taken a runoff ph as the plants are gorgeous.

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS. 35 ml GH Grow,
5 ml Armor Si, 15 ml Liquid KoolBloom, 1 ml Floralicious at 800 to 900 ppm in 5 gallons of standing tap water of 500 ppm. Currently feeding: feed X4 then water with cal mag. Ph 5.7

Indoor or Outdoor A normal day of 5 hours sun. 12/12

Light system, size? Led’s at 1,300 watts at the plug according to my Kill-a-watt.
Temps; Day, Night. 68° to 80° outside, 85° F inside.

Humidity; Day, Night Ambient outside, 39% inside with dehumidifier
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size 4" in line 280 cfm, 30 minutes every 2 hours.
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, Dehumidifier

Co2; Yes, No No Co2
Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you smile

Increased bulking nutes (liquid Koolbloom) in the last week.

Any insight into why the early finish?

They’re impatient and they want to hurry up and get you high?

4 Likes

Are they auto’s or just fem
Seems and odd complaint that your plants finish early most want them to speed up?
Light schedule would be first thing I would tweak if you think you are losing yield over 5 days there is an oldschool trick which is rumored to add yield and prolong flower :wink: A gradual decrease in light not starting straight 12/12 but reducing 13/11 down to 12/12 15min every 3-5 days followed by once in full bud developement adding back the 15min after week 4 every week
Plants will flower with more than 12 hours of light they just do it far slower which usually isn’t the goal at 14 or less hours of light a fully mature plant will start a transition to flower but a prolonged flower phase using gradual light loss is not for faint of heart or inexperienced growers since feed schedules change making product schedules nonsense stretch can be greater since you are mimicking outdoor grow.
Mainly my question would be most grow indoors to have the added control faster flower, if you feel you are losing yield do to speed of flower add nutrients in higher dose boosters earlier what have you. A 60 day flower means you can tweak and learn lots fast about a strain me I would look at that as 6 chances to figure out what works best in a year

5 Likes

Dry Koolbloom should be last feed with some form of sweetener the P doesn’t add bulk it adds density (hardens) 2 times during flower cycle a P boost helps at very start to trigger or ignite bloom and at end to add density. P in access inhibits N which actually retards bud development adding LKB entire time actually is also speeding the end

3 Likes

I mis-read the support ticket and thought these were exclusively outdoors.
oops

2 Likes

All good I am still lost as to wanting a slower harvest myself if I could get a strain which produced good buds in 5-6 weeks of flower I would be all over it the trade off is the early vixens and such have low THC

1 Like

Lighting schedule I’ve read about as Donaldj says. That’s the best advice I can say about speeding it up a little. @Myfriendis410

Here in lays the kicker @Myfriendis410 desires to slow them down :wink: but all this talk of lighting schedules has me wanting to try adding time again I didn’t get conclusive results last time I played the game I had spider mites making my life hell so stopped my test early in lew of salvaging what I could.

2 Likes

@Donaldj, that’s my concern and I would like to bulk up as well. Allowing the plant to do that is my goal.

As you can see, they have a ways to go yet with active pistils and some gnarly trichomes.

6 Likes