My journal, first time

Happy to help. But everyone else is too.

4 Likes

Youā€™ll be pumpin out great plants in no time if you work at it!! Good luck and canā€™t wait to watch!! :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Yep I agree with dbrn on that :wink: it seems like when youā€™re waiting for them to finish at the end is the longest part

3 Likes

Your very welcome @Bman3232 :grin: your in good hands here :wink:

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Bman3232! New grower here myself, just harvested my first grow. Iv learned so much thanks to the lovely members of the forum! Wishing you the best of luck!!

2 Likes

Did some more defoliating this morning. Im not sure if im gonna feed tomorrow. Soil is dry a couple inches down but pretty moist after. Im just gonna keep letting them tell me. I got the water treatment so no more having to set water out. This way I donā€™t have to guess when to set water out.
Happy Monday guys!!

3 Likes

Someone mentioned the best kind of soil to use is not miracle grow. What is the best suggested soil? Also my PH atlas (up and down) arrived today and Iā€™m getting so excited. Iā€™m trying to locate a light still and Iā€™m not sure how to go. Hidā€™s and hpsā€™ prob arenā€™t the best way to after reading everything. It looks like led is the better way to go, but the Bible suggests white light not the full spec. As advertised. Iā€™m very confused on the light part, but trying to be cheap isnā€™t helping the matterā€¦lol? What about a used Led cheap light? @Myfriendis410, @dbrn32, @Missiles, @imSICKkid

3 Likes

Whatever you do. DO NOT BUY A $150.00 1000 watt LIGHT FROM AMAZON!!! DONā€™Tā€¦DOā€¦IT!!! Let dbrn give you suggestions within your price range. Several great soils. Iā€™ve only used the fox farm ocean floor soil and its great

4 Likes

I have only used Fox farm ocean Forest myself. And ask for a light dbrn help me purchase the current light I have and I love it :wink:

2 Likes

@Missiles, @imSICKkid
Cool guys thanks! Iā€™m pretty sure I looked at one of those. There was a galaxy hydro 300w for about 50-60 bucks. The guy said he used it 4 months straight in 2016 and itā€™s sat every since. From what I read, Iā€™m pretty sure the Bible said 2-3k hours is all those have and Iā€™m guessing it would go out about 1 month into my project and burn out. I keep seeing the fox farms soil and it seems decently priced.

3 Likes

There are a ton of options. It would be best if you decided to use an amended soil that will feed for a while, or something inert that you will have to provide nutrients for?

2 Likes

My wwa has been flowering since about 3-10 and looks as if it has another 3-4 weeks left. Also when you switch to full on bloom nutrients, you may want to run a flush to get rid of all the salt buildup and remaining grow nutes

Fox farm soil is good you just have to remember that itā€™s full of nutrients when you get it so you donā€™t have to feed for a good 5 to 6 weeks. Youā€™ll know once you track your run off numbers and that will let you know when to feed. Iā€™m not sure about buying a used light you might want to ask @dbrn32 what his thoughts are on that :wink:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve grown good bud with roleadro lights. Had x2 300w 2nd generation oneā€™s and the 400w cob. Pulled an lb off that plant

Ya, spending a little more on light will pay off. Probably on your first harvest, and then every there after for next 6-8 years. What size is your grow space?

4 Likes

you think I should flush even though I never added any grow nutes to the soil? I never started giving them any nutes in the water until I introduced the bloom nutes.

@MattyBear whenever you have the time. Iā€™d like to hear some recommendations on stuff that im looking for in a high/strain.

1 Like

Not sure. Iā€™ve never used foxfarms soil. Probably not. But I found that if you continue to feed grow nutes throughout the stretch with autos they get way bigger

2 Likes

Ask away :wink:

1 Like

There are a ton of options. What you DONā€™T want is anything that says: ā€œmoisture controlā€ or ā€œdoesnā€™t need feeding for 3 months!ā€. Those are loaded with harsh fertilizers that are not PH buffered for cannabis (which is a pretty big thing). Anything to do with tomatoes isnā€™t going to be bad but buyer beware. Iā€™m not an organic nazi but I do pay attention to the ingredients I use 'cause Iā€™M smoking it! Just look for good quality, organic where possible. Scottā€™s, Fox Farms, Roots Organics and others are producing a tailored soil for your girls.

4 Likes