My journal, first time

Should they be kept around 600-800 ppm?

1 Like

Iā€™m not a soil grower so this is just a guess but I think at the size they are youā€™d be ok in the 800 ppm maybe even 1000 range. But you want them to eat enough of whatā€™s in the soil before you start feeding or youā€™ll end up with nute burn.

1 Like

This is a chart I use as a guideline. sometimes if you grow Autos you have to adjust it a little bit because they mature faster. Like I said itā€™s a guideline :wink:
ad094f6a7de4a2bddcd11b10ba2c45c8f936a060%20(1)

Iā€™m in ocean forest soil to my ppmā€™s always start out real high.

2 Likes

4-14
Day after feeding. The white plant is up and at it this morning. But her sister is still looking pissed from yesterdays bath. She looks terrible

1 Like

Thank you!!!

1 Like

You are more than welcome :wink:

1 Like

Give her another day or so and sheā€™ll look just like she supposed to. Sometimes when I overwater mine it takes a couple days before she will look beautiful again :wink:

I do love the ffof in the sense of not having to add nutes aka more money for weeks!! But for autos I think it maybe a little to much.

1 Like

Oh she got the water alright. I donā€™t know what you water but she got 3 gals ran through her yesterday. They are in 5 gal fabric pots

1 Like

I like it too for that fact once you get used to not having to use the nutrients for at least a good 7 weeks it makes it a lot easier. I think people try to push nutrients into that kind of soil too soon and thatā€™s where they run into trouble.

2 Likes

Depending on how big the plant is I could run close to 3 gallons through mine sometimes too especially if my ppmā€™s are too high and Iā€™m trying to get them down.

My plants have been right on the edge, they have a few white tips, of the nutes but overall they havenā€™t had a single problem.

1 Like

I totally agree your plants look really good and I donā€™t see too many burnt tips at all. And donā€™t let a little bit of burnt tips scare you it just shows youā€™re pushing the right amount of nutrients or sheā€™s eating enough LOL

1 Like

Well with a normal feeding I would probably mix up only 2 gal with nutes

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I have to mix up for my big girl too and she takes just about all of it

I never added any perlite either. So its just straight ffof. I have been very cognizant of not trying to pack the soil down and letting them go 5 days between each feed to really dry out

2 Likes

I may throw an inch or 2 of clay pebbles into the bottom of the soil next time.

1 Like

I donā€™t use perlite with mine either mine is just straight ocean Forest. And mine go 4 to 5 days in between watering or feeding also. The bigger they get itā€™s usually more like four days. So it sounds like youā€™re right on schedule :wink:

3 Likes

InSICKkid, Grow looks great!

I had found your journal back in Feb and kept up with it for a few, while you was working on your Lights. Then I lost it.

At first you knew your light was not enough but wanted to add to what you had. After you and dbrn32 got to talking QB, it looks like, it didnā€™t take you long to get those 4 QB boards and put it together. HA!

Hey, I have got a Question for you.

Are you glad now you bought the HLG board and meanwell driver and put them together? Can you tell how your plants love it? What is your take on the light now a couple of months later?

Nice Journal by the way!

Here is mine just in case you havenā€™t stopped by!

1 Like

Thank you!! I can say going to the quantum board fixture has been awesome, well worth the investment! I never used that LED long enough to speak bad about it or good. The short time I did use it my plants were never burned or anything and it seemed to work out fine. It ran pretty hot compared to the quantum boards. I will definitely check out your garden :metal: