My Introduction to the group

@dbrn32 kind sir may we pick your brain please

3 Likes

Great tag @Fieldofdreams DB knows the lightin ins and outs. But for $700+? Someone dropped a Scorpion discount batsignal earlier for 800?

Edit: found it!

2 Likes

This set up is also on my list, for $250 more than the Mars I am considering. For a 4x4 tent.

Would the extra $250 be well spent? I do really like the Mars regardless of the lower price point.

1 Like

Thats the conundrum. Is the price per extra buck worth it?

In my opinion? For HLG? 9 times outta 10 the answer is yea

4 Likes

If it were me bro. And your budget of $699 for the 600rspec. I’d get a refurb Scorpion Rspec instead shipped to your door at this price.

5 Likes

You’re going to get more going with hlg. Difference in customer service alone is pretty significant, regardless of price. I agree that checking refurb availability can help with price too. You don’t need the uv bar to run a successful grow, if budget is being pressed i would omit. You can always add it later.

I aslo agree that 3-5 gallon pots indoors is plenty. If you’re worried about getting root bound just use fabric pots. This will allow roots to grow through pot and air prune themselves.

5 Likes

So this would be my ideal light set up in my 4x4 tent? Can I start with the lights i currently have and switch to the HLG set up when I get it? It will be about a month before I can procure this HLG set up.

Also seeing as how I am growing photos and autos… would it be more ideal to get 2 hlg 300r’s instead of the one 600r?

1 Like

Growing autos or photos doesn’t make any difference. You may find that having 2 fixtures gives you a little more flexibility tho.

2 Likes

Id go with the multiple fixtures as well. The adjustability alone is worth its weight in gold. When growing a sativa and an indica side by side, u find the need

2 Likes

After the advice of the group and much research, I have decided to return the cheap lights and get myself an Hlg rspec with Uva supplement and 7 gallon pots all around. I only wish I had joined the group sooner, would have saved me some time. This pushes my start time back a few weeks but I figure if I am going to do it, I might as well do it right. I am also getting a taller 7ft tent. Thank you all for the advice, it is much appreciated.

5 Likes

Looking forward to seeing you all set up my friend. Post some pics when you get rollin. Welcome aboard :call_me_hand::beers:

3 Likes