My grow journal GrowNewbie

I think hog has it right, my seedlings had white spots that turned rusty I seem to recall and that was down to me using nutes at seedling stage ( pro move) so maybe water down that soil to help get rid of some nutes? Not sure if that works

@Hogmaster Yeah I have a carbon carbon filter a 6" inline fan sucking air out through it and a 6" inline booster fan ( little less power then the inline fan) blowing air into my tent. I haven’t used any nutrients yet on my girls so your saying the soil its self is hot and could be burning them. @McLovin777 So to water down the soil I water the whole 5 gallon pot? Because right now I just been watering the middle of the pot assuming that’s were the roots were and that if I watered the whole pot then I would be potentially wasting water.

1 Like

Waters pretty cheap bro, if you want the roots to go put from the middle you want to slowly increase your circle, so then they search for water. That is obviously no point watering the edge with a seed but we’ll worth it on a 6 inch plant or even 3 inch I’d say. I’m making butter "D

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I’ve been do so far. Slowly inching closer to the edge of the pots. Should i be watering more frequently after I transplanted them? I’ve been watering them about every 3 days or so.

I water daily and feed daily mate, but it all depends on how long it takes for your soil to dry out. Mine dries in 12 hours usually as my temps are 80 minimum 87 max lights on. Just water when soil is dry, don’t want it to ever get BONE desert dry really, just not particularly moist is how I was doing it early on

1 Like

I mean the top of the soil is dry buy if I dig a little down it’s still wet. I’ve heard you wanna give your plants some tome to take in some oxygen? But yeah I’m not letting them get bone dry.

When I use Foxfarm I never flush it down the isle be fine I’ll just have some battle wounds in there grow and the winds will go away when they get bigger and I don’t take long

3 Likes

Update on my girls they are 17 days old today. I gave them about a quarter gallon of water each ph down to 6.4. It hit a high 90° in my tent today it’s lowered since then it’s down to 85° the humidity is at 55% now was up to 62%. Light cycle is 18 hours light/6 hour dark. Sould i top them and should I start nutrients?

Definitely yes for topping but no for nutes… Let her rest for 2-3 days after first top… And maybe then you can light feed her… Just wait for more answers about feeding! I recommend fimming… You will end whit 2-4 new tops :wink:

1 Like

2 Likes

Personally I cut just a little bit down … But now I think I do it wrong :frowning: … I think there is the place… Let’s tag some people.
@Majiktoker @Countryboyjvd1971 @bob31 @FloridaSon

If topping pull out the entire center node where you have 2 branches that will form into top nodes

2 Likes

What about fim?

@bob31 can you post the topping fimmimg graphics to @GROWNEWBIE post please

1 Like

Here you go! @Countryboyjvd1971… I have the ready for everyone

1 Like

Perfect @M4ur your a rock star bro :+1:

I already posted this… Look up on the thread… She also put a picture whit his lady… There maybe you can help him/us @Countryboyjvd1971

What exactly is the problem @M4ur
I thought he was asking about fimming
The picture he posted looks like the right spot :+1: @GROWNEWBIE

1 Like

Yes, Cut there! The bottom pic that @M4ur posted is exactly perfect!

1 Like