My Grow Journal from a first time indoor grower Amnesia Haze

Hello everyone I am currently in week 5 of growing of two amnesia haze plants. Right now they are in a 24 x 24 x 48 grow tent, and from a previous post I made I learned my tent was not the best size for what I am growing so I have a bigger 48 x 24 x 60 tent on order with a new light setup and exhaust fan coming in the next week, so no need to panic about my setup. I just wanted to get my journal started to show off what I got going on and to get any feedback anyone wants to offer. Unfortunately I don’t have any pic of the plants in there early stages, my pics are over the past 8-9 days from when I first joined up on this forum. Also wanted to give a shout out to everyone who has responded to my previous posts answering my questions and giving advice @Oldguy you have been a great help so far in my first grow.

Here they are about a week ago.

And here is what they look like as of today.
Again if anyone have any tips or advice they would like to share, I am all ears.
More pics to come.

12 Likes

So far they are looking good. One thing…if you want to take pictures, do it in natural light or turn off the burple lights and take a picture with the flash on your phone. Those lights help mask any problems you could have.

3 Likes

@MrPeat I didn’t even think about that. Next pics I post I will make sure to have it in better lighting. Thank you for letting me know.

2 Likes

@darkillusion3526. Thank you my friend. They are filling in pretty quickly. :wink::grin:
Def set to watching. :+1::v:

Good start. Set to watching if you don’t mind. Starting my third grow New Years Day. My second grow is approximately 2-3 weeks from harvest

1 Like

Hello again, got some new pics of my plants and I took them in better lighting, no burple this time. As far as I can tell they are looking great. Still waiting on the new grow tent, should have it in the next day or two. This is week 6 of veg. I am guessing it will not be too much longer before I switch over to 12/12 lighting to begin flowing.

5 Likes

Just got my new tent in, tight fit in my closet but looks very nice.
Here is the old tent

Here is the new tent
Has a 4 foot LED light strip with quad lights and I also placed behind it the three 2 foot LED light strips from the old tent. I am waiting on putting in the 6 inch exhaust fan until the carbon filter, ducting tube and fan controller come in the mail also have coming is a TDS and PH tester. I am thinking that after a few days to make sure my plants are liking the new setup I will switch over to 12/12 and begin flowering.
@Oldguy

4 Likes

Finally got the exhaust fan setup. Things are looking very nice and things have come a long way from when I started this grow back in November. The plants are really liking the new lights already got just over 2 inches of new growth since I moved them into the new tent. I feel that the time has come to finally change over to flowering and a 12/12 lighting schedule. Here are the final pics of them in the growing stage.

3 Likes

Looks great brother. :+1:
They’re gonna like there new digs. :grin::+1::v:

2 Likes

Your plants definitely look like they are happy my brother :+1: :+1: :v:

1 Like

@Oldguy I agree I am very happy to have been told to spend my money to get a better setup only downside I have found with the new setup was the exhaust fan and filter…the fan is kinda loud hence why I got a fan controller to slow the speed down as not to make as much noise and the filter is huge, so huge I had to mount the fan and filter outside the tent. At first I tried placing it in the tent but it took up so much space it was like having a third plant in the tent. But hey, it works for me and that’s all that matters.

1 Like

That they are, and I thought they where happy and good in the old tent. Now I can see that they are doing so much better now in the new tent even after just a few days.

1 Like

I have my filter on the outside of my tent. I try to keep everything except lights and plants on the exterior. Just my train of thought.

1 Like

I only wanted to have it mounted in the tent after seeing pics from others on the forums who had it inside. Wanted to match up with what I saw other people doing as far as their setup was that way if I had any problems it would make it easier for people here on the forums to help me out with answers.

1 Like

I have not had any issues with my filter being outside my tent

1 Like

I don’t think I will have any issues with it other then it being filter. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

That is very similar to my set up. You don’t need the sleeve on the outside, plus removing it will increase air flow :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :v:

1 Like

The less inside the more room for the ladies :+1:

1 Like

Thank you for that information about the sleeve ill take it off right now.

1 Like

@Cannabian brought it to my attention

1 Like