My Grow Journal: Experiment-Stress Training For better quality and bigger yield

That’s the white board looking thing with holes you had over your plant. I grow in 2 big walk in closet that I made into grow rooms and was trying to figure out how to fix net, That’s a good idea

2 Likes

I’ve made several different scrogs and finally, I found the way to make it cheap, easy to make and easy to store it. It’s also light weight but sturdy. I bought Bamboo Skewer 100 at about $20 and Zip tie 1000 at about $6 and small hooks similar to this one 36 pieces at about $11 from Amazon. You can make many scrogs and support sticks from these supplies. I am sure some of these item maybe cheaper if you can find them locally.

This is how I made. I put one skewer over the other and criss-cross and tie the skewer with a zip tie. The length of the skewer was a little too long for my pot, so I cut it with a wire cutter. These skewers made with thin bamboo, so it is not hard to cut. After I made the square scrog, I round it off by cutting the 4 corners of the skewer. I also used same skewer and cut off 1/3 off and use the 2/3 of the length to make a support stick. I pre-drilled the hole and attach the hook using the screws that came with the hooks to the skewer. I can position support stick anywhere inside of the pot (heights adjustable per plant’s height push in deep if you need the scrog to sit lower, etc) and lay the scrog on the top of the support stick hook. So, it won’t move. After I am done with scrog, it is flat so I can store it easily without taking up too much room until I need it for the next cycle. I also use the supporting stick to do LST since it can be used to tie the stem anywhere inside of the pot.

4 Likes

Great ideas

1 Like

Where did you say you got hooks

1 Like

Sorry I scrolled up and found answer.

1 Like

What I bought is little different than the link that I post. When I bought the hook, it was a little more expensive. I got 24 hooks for $13.00. Now they don’t have the same item and when I went to Amazon and click on my purchase link, it takes me to the link for the hook that I post. So, I guess they don’t have what I bought from them anymore. But the link that I post is much cheaper and you really don’t need expensive hooks for this. Also, if you are making this, I would only use 1 screw ** only if you are using the bamboo skewer. The reason: skewer will split if you put 2 screws vertically. Bamboo skewer is thin and it doesn’t have much room to drill. I did hand tighten the screws to prevent the split.
I could have used dowels, but it’s lot more expensive and still split if you are not careful.

1 Like

It’s been 2 weeks since I switch the light to 12:12. It is growing as expected. Start to show buds. I did the final defoliation today. I am having an issue with fungus gnats in my grow tent. Hoping to get it under control soon. Image: Same plant - photo taken from a different angle.

1 Like

I can appreciate the difference when I compare it from the day I start this experiment.

2 Likes

With gnats ive found that stretching my water day a bit further apart really kicks em in the face. I also ur food grade de a few times. But allowing the soil to dry properly is excellent

4 Likes

You mean you don’t sit karate kid daniel son style and grab them with chopsticks? I’ve been doing it wrong I guess. :chopsticks::cricket::martial_arts_uniform:

Haha ive been at that point with leaf miners. Even got to the blowtorch stage once

2 Likes

1 Like

Marsellus:

What now? Let me tell you what now. I’ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin’ n******, who’ll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin’, hillbilly boy? I ain’t through with you by a damn sight. I’ma get medieval on your a$$.

2 Likes

Haha man i can hear that quote but for thr life of me not remember it

2 Likes

My fave is by far Lance (Eric Stoltz).
IMG_20200102_153958_01

@PurpNGold74 pulp fiction my man!

$hit, @RandomlyRan got it! That’s a crazy scene.

1 Like

Latest update on how my experiment on blueberry is doing.
The pictures were taken on 4 weeks since the light flip to 12/12.
The buds are not as big as the other ones, but it is growing nicely. We’ll see how it will finish in the end.

6 Likes

Looking good!

1 Like

Have you heard of Sunshine#4? It was developed by students from Michigan University and it supposed to be work from the seed to harvest - just 1 nutrition. It has macro and micronutrition. I start on another experiment; one giving this formula and the other feeding General Hydro nuts. I don’t know what it makes a difference, but I couldn’t believe my eyes. Too early to tell how it will do throughout the growing lift span. This guy who introduces me to this nutrition is growing for several years. he grows one that in 1/2 gallon pot (I guess he never changed the pot from the seedling stage - which I feel like I am suffocating :frowning: ) and his plant reached 4.5 feet at the end with large frosty buds. Anyway, this isn’t the topic that belongs here, but I thought I will share it and see what you all think about it or had any experience. One that I am using is the formula for well-water(hard water- which our house has really hard water). They also have for tap water/RO water as well.

1 Like

Looks pretty good. That low P and high K might be funny for some strains. But obviously ur ladies are enjoying it for now. Lets see how they continue

1 Like