My girls are dying!

My plants are on the downslope to dying… they started yellowing up last week and has been progressing all this week. I’m in 3 gallon pots,coast of Maine soil, 7ph water with molasses every other watering, top dress of dr earth and EMC. Autoflowers. I’ve been watering a half gallon a plant every 5/6 days. Can someone tell me what they think is going on??

3 Likes

Last pic was from the beginning of the week and this is today

3 Likes

You plants don’t starting dying probably you over nute them or some nute lockout
@Covertgrower and @Hellraiser they can help

And some closed pic is better and fill the ticket I don’t had to copy and paste but they go to help with you girls

3 Likes

I am a terrible leaf reader but it looks like they are starving. @MattyBear @Covertgrower @Cannabian may be of some help.

7 Likes

Coming from a rookie, it almost looks like nitrogen deficiency. No spots, no really burnt tips. Are you giving calmag with waterings and feedings?

4 Likes

I just recommended flush you plants for a week with just pH water btw 5.8 to 6.5 and them next week feed you plant cal mag and some bloom nutrients

This late into flowering, it’s common to see yellowing of the older fan leaves. She’s just finishing up.

3 Likes

Thanks @Covertgrower I was going crazy lmaoo but him can started flushing lol

3 Likes

I use coast of maine and dr earth nutritions. I can tell you this the top dressing is really not helping you my friend. Dr earth really takes awhile 2 dissolve and feed the soil. So your watering schedule is really not helping it dissolve it. Coast of maine holds moisture which also is slowing the feeding…

Edit. You don’t need to use cal mag with Dr earth and soil just saying

3 Likes

Thanks. I figured it looked low on nutes but I’ve been giving them a regular schedule taken right from dr earth cannabis guide. You think a tea made from steeping dr earth overnight might do better. She definitely needs help fast.

1 Like

Just water her untill you have runoff. Every 2 days that should speed up the dr earth in your soil. I scratch my soil and than add dr earth and just blast them with water… BTW it’s my outside girls and that’s all I gave them was dr earth fertilizer and than dr earth bud bloom.

2 Likes

This would definitely help activate the organic elements in Dr Earth’s dry amendments. But as someone said, its a slow method of adding available nutrients. Id look into adding some type of microbe life to your teas as well. Recharge, Tribus, Great White, Azos, etc etc. they help break down and feed roots stuff they wouldnt access normally. I find with Dr Earth, teas or amending soils to bake a month or 3 before sowing seeds is more effective.

Like @SilvaBack203 said, scratching it in will help as well. But the teas aerate and add oxygen which also helps.

To fix this lady, id look into something more readily available to ur roots.

How far into flower are you?

3 Likes

Thanks for the tips! These girls certainly need the help. Will the coast of Maine liquid squid and kelp do the trick ya think? Or something with more power like the great white? I’m 55 days from sprout fifth week of flower.

1 Like

I just bought the great white. Should I also get the liquid squid and kept to help give it a boost or that too much in conjunction together

1 Like

Not at all. Assuming you pH is in range and your soil is somewhat depleted… and 2 months in? Im pretty sure they are.

My only deal is the 2-3-0 of the liquid squid. That N is 2 while the K is 0… in flower the N demand lowers while PK is boosted. May want to start light handed with that one.

Both amendments look like great products tho

2 Likes

From what I see, if that plant was outdoors, and the weather was changing… Id call that normal fall behavior. For a potted indoor plant, Id say its deficient. Generally potted plants, particularly in supersoils or built up soils, have replaced most of the medium with root by this stage. At this point I would continue with a modest feeding if a well balanced nutrient mix and just see where it goes. Keep in mind what is yellow will stay yellow and eventually fall of.
The other option is to let the plant ride and get what you get from it, honestly thats the lowest risk option at this stage.
In the future, for those that use a supersoil / pre loaded soil mixture, if youre planning on flowering a super healthy plant, be prepared to pot up into fresh soil around 2 weeks prior to flip. This gives the plant a new load of nutes to feed off through flowering.
Be cautious about this technique with autos, I would suggest this only done with photos.

5 Likes

Sup Canna! Thats some frosty :poop:!! What strain? How you been bro?

2 Likes

Real good man yooo? Its Lebanese… shes near ready, maybe a week? Maybe a bit longer.

4 Likes

Look i would flush them with ph water twice and then give them a light feeding if u are giving bottled nutrients i would do less then half