My girl is hurting

amazing,.you guys have been so helpful. im going to order a better ph tester tonight and learn a bit about the ppm and tds things you guys are saying and try to save her. thanks for the links to videos i always forget that youtube is a fantastic resource ( i prefer to read over listening to people so i never look there lol)
ill update on how she grows!

If you liked school, you will love Dr. Bruce Bugbee.
Highly recommend his videoā€™s.
Hereā€™s a great one.

Happy Growing.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Stick around - the pros on this site will get your grow back in shape and help you keep it there. I AM NOT one of those experts!! LOL!
I hear you on the prices of these things! I have spent a small fortune getting my first grow up and going and Iā€™m not even counting the cost of seeds!
I just kept telling myself - Iā€™m buying this for MANY grows - not just one!
I got the cheaper Ph/TDS meters from Vivosun, you can get the set on Amazon for like $20 American - you used Celsius, so Iā€™m assuming not Americanā€¦and thatā€™s OKā€¦LOL! :joy: :rofl:
At any rate - the TDS meter does itā€™s job well and easy. The Ph meter has trouble holding calibration. Itā€™s not a huge PITA to calibrate it, but it feels like it should hold a little longer than it does. I feel a more expensive replacement coming sooner than later.
Just an observation from a newbie!

BTW - You have the best nails!!! :grinning:

Good Luck and Happy Growing!!

1 Like

yea i got a $30 one off amazon (im in canada) its coming today along with real Ph down and up stuff so im going to see from there i can start rectifying this situation. i spent maybe $450 on my initial setup - tent, inline fan, clip on fans and light
just for a plant that was randomly handed to me lol!
i hope i can save her, i am quite fond of her, named her severine i dunno whst she is but watching her grow from so.small to so big has been so rewarding. i hope she can be fruitful! i know shed a sativa but unknown strain he couldnt remember. i dont smoke sativa so just planning to bake or give it away lol i like learning all this tho

2 Likes

Naming your plants is a good start. Personal connection is a gardeners sharpest tool. We, myself and my ol lady, name all our plants. We even make name tags for each pot with stickers and sayings like purple power or Go green. Iā€™m too sexyā€¦you get the jist. I think it matters as much as the fertilizer.

Me tooā€¦ā€¦ I bought a whole 2nd setup, including light because I couldnā€™t throw out a plant.

3 Likes

I talk to my ladies by name every time i go out to check on them :slight_smile: :heart: Your ā€œauraā€ if you will, i feel and attitudes youā€™re giving off from your day also (it almost seems) reflect on gardening. I try to shed ā€œmy dayā€ that iā€™ve had when i go do that because it IS supposed to be a HOBBY and it helps me relax. SOMEtimes it feels like a chore. Amy Lee, my biggest was a CHORE to prune (lollipop) but i know all that work put in NOW while sheā€™s beasting out in VEG, will help prevent root rot now, and bud rot/mold later letting the sun get down in there and dry the soil out more thoroughly and evenly now and by letting air pass through those lower stalks and dry her out :wink:

Her close rival, Nancy Kerrigan is a notable story in her own rights, and why she was named such. Broke as a 14" seedling in wind during a storm right at ground level. Fixed her with neighborā€™s bee honey and packing tape and buried that below ground and sheā€™s come back to ALMOST surpass (and may still) Amy Lee. she will NOT have as many bud sites (i topped A.L. a lot more, she has 28 sites, lol) but her height/girth are nearly there

4 Likes

Crystal grid lay underneath the soil. Connects my essence to the plants roots.

2 Likes

i like your ā€œlimb supportsā€ :smiley: someoneā€™s expecting massive weight :wink: :heart:

Mine have names and as of now they are part of the family
When it comes time to chop, I will have to look at it like the noble deer that is slain for sustanance

2 Likes

thatā€™s right :wink: theyā€™re all for a purpose. we care for them and nurture them to grow big to ā€œharvestā€ (flora or fauna) for our benefit. give / give :slight_smile:

well, good chat all. was fun as always but dunno if you saw in my thread i have a MESS to clean up down at the river. got a GOOD start on it yesterday/last night and burned EVERYTHING that was able to be picked up, the size of a pill bottle diameter or bigger. I cut as much as my 3 batteries on the sawzall with a 12" pruning blade would allow and theyā€™re all charged up again and ready to rock. May even give the field another once over. the gravely knocked that shag down like nobodyā€™s business but you always have clumpage, and that random straggler weed that popped itā€™s stalk back up (itā€™s headless though :smiley: )

1 Like

If I had a slaughter pig Iā€™d probably name it hammy so I could keep perspective of what he/she was meant to be

3 Likes

Roflmao, I got it too! Those ties were used to adjust the height and position of the branch.

2 Likes

We had chickens this spring. One was called nugget. The other was just ā€œthe red chickenā€ or ā€œthe one thatā€™s a jerkā€

5 Likes

Oh heck, you just inspired ONE more story before i go back to cleanup down there, lolā€¦ my very FIRST dog of my own, matter of fact, could be a TWIN to Abbie, the mean lil B i spoke of above, came here with me in 1995 when i moved here. Made friends with some neighbors, hung out a LOT over there. They loved her, she loved them. Their dogs loved her, she loved themā€¦this went on for MONNNNTHS. Weā€™re all sitting there in their living room, and Eve (my dog) is outside with their two dogs and i see her coming across their yard out the storm door window with something WHITE (she was black, with white chest like Abbie) and nearly as big as her. Ummmm, they HAD a rooster, named Kellogg, and sheā€™d never been around a chicken/rooster before to KNOW thatā€™s a ā€œno!!ā€ and of course they were upset, it was the family rooster (and named Kellogg i learned, named rooser, lolā€¦) and I worked at a farm feed/seed supply store back then and ORDERED them, the most expensive rooster available out of our catalog. I didnā€™t know squat about fowl or farming and what i GOT them, was called a Black Onyx. They didnā€™t have the white Kellogg ones available unfortunately ANYwhere i looked and Tractor Supply didnā€™t exist then ,lol. Anyway, i bring them this rooster. Things are better, it seemsā€¦until 3 days later and i see them and they proceed to tell me that rooster 2 days prior, got their OTHER rooster (didnā€™t even know theyā€™d had 2, too much commotion going on when Eve got kellogg, lol) and it pecked itā€™s foot completely off!!! then, that day, had pecked it to death. SO, first my DOG kills their ONE rooster, and the replacement rooster (hehe, sounds like there should be a joke or song there, lol), kills their OTHER rooster. I gave up on farming at that point, lolā€¦ canā€™t win for losing :smiley:

2 Likes

Lol jerk chicken
Get it?

4 Likes

haha, jerked the chicken RED no less :rofl: :joy:

2 Likes

oh man i am having the most hectic day at work and these stories made me laugh so much!! thanks folks! :grin::grin:

2 Likes

so i got the new ph tester, did a good water with it around 6.52 after feed and vinegar (as ph down)
i checked the ph of the runoff and it was 7.48
so this is indicating i guess that my soil ph is way too high?
will it come down as im not using proper ph water or do i need to do something else to the soil to bring it back into a good range?

1 Like

You have not received your ph up and ph down yet?
Ph down will work better than vinegar Iā€™m thinking but I understand you use what you have

Never mind I see now that was a reading of the run off

Flushing the soil is all I can think of although that seems extreme

I hope someone has a better idea

proper ph down coming monday - was the earliest delivery date unfortunately