My girl is at the end and is sick

Hope this isn’t the case I do it lol. Not sure why you wouldn’t want to. Only issue I’ve had with ro is calmag which was addressed already.

Edit I did a search it seems like many have RO near desired range.

The RO I get at Whole Foods ph at 10 approx before nutes. Hence that’s why I commented on using acid to get it to 6.5

Would love to know if I’m doing it wrong, I’ve not killed anything - yet :joy:

2 Likes

There’s not enough ppm to hold ph in RO water

2 Likes

I definitely add the nutes first then address the ph

3 Likes

As always I am easily confused.

If just using RO in b/t feeding, so no PH since no PPM.

But when adding nutes, you’ll have plenty PPM so PH.

I guess its confusing to me. Id hate to forget to PH water w/ nutes cause I got into habit of not worrying about PH when just using RO.

So, does adjusting PH do any harm, other than wasting my own time, that is my question.

@Tinman thanks!!

1 Like

I was told it screws the ph of the soil up

I also think you are so far into flower, and the leaves always yellow and begin to look like that as all of the plants energy is focused on the flowers. All those nutes get so confusing, good soil grows and compost teas are all I do and get phenomenal results, and it’s super low maintenance. Organic soil grows are clutch because there is no need for flushing at the end or pH balancing if you start with a balanced soil…and Luna, you will save so much money. Nutes are like vitamins, a huge investment and a pain in the butt

1 Like

I tried organic this grow , buds seem smaller and not as much overall weight. First time so probably something I did

Super soil is the way to go. I get a pound off of all of my outdoor plants with big buds and the flavor is no comparison, as well as Super smooth smoke. Everything in nutes is something that is already available in a proper soil. Compost Teas are amazing and also worm frass amended into soil and top dressing. I promise brotha you’ll never look back. Water and sunlight will do the rest

2 Likes

@Covertgrower @merlin44 @Myfriendis410 pulling in some folks who’ve helped me. Question is about ph’ing RO water. One of us is doing it incorrectly and I would hate for someone reading this to do the wrong thing.

Should you PH RO water?

4 Likes

I’ve been told by members here that essentially you can’t really ph ro water. If you water with straight ro water it won’t affect soil ph. If you are using ro water and intend to use nutrients or cal-mag then you should ph after adding either.

4 Likes

Ok so it seems at worst I’m wasting time and a little acid when I just use RO. I just wanted to confirm I’m not causing damage.

I’m only using it so I don’t have buckets bubbling all day around my house :joy:

1 Like

Any water with a value under 100 ppm is unreliable in both PH and TDS with the type of instruments we’re using. These are approximations that do a fairly good job on-the-fly to get readings but they’re not perfect. This is explicitly stated in the Bluelab instrument I have.

3 Likes

Should I presume it’s safe to them just use it if your not feeding nutes? I’ve not come across anything that says you’re only to use it when adding nutrients…

Pour that $h!t in there lol.

1 Like